GUILTY KY - Trey Zwicker, 14, beaten to death, Louisville, 11 May 2011 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave:

Please continue the discussion here.

KY Murder Trial Joshua Young
KY - Murder trial for Joshua Young - Page 47 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

NOTGUILTY KY - Murder trial for Joshua Young #2
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218416&highlight=joshua+young&page=27

Update 04/24/2014

At age 17, Joshua Young was acquitted of murdering his step-brother Trey Zwicker. No doubt the jurors who were not able to convict him, are questioning their decisions. First Joshua's dad who plead guilty to killing Trey is now trying to recant his confession. Now at 18, Joshua is again behind bars, facing new charges of domestic violence against his girlfriend, threats to kill his girlfriend's grandmother in front of her and then kill the girlfriend, threats to go with guns blazing into a police station, thus causing officers to open fire on him, and charges of assaulting his cousin's boyfriend who had testified against Joshua at trial. Originally being held on just $1000 bail, Joshua's bail was raised to $10K cash bond and he is due to appear in court onMay 1,2014.

I have copied over a few of the posts from the previous thread here, to get the discussion going.

:seeya:

"I started out in EMS with the City of Louisville in 1991, but felt I could do more for my city as a police officer," Russ says. He credits an uncle in the FBI as an inspiration to pursue a career in law enforcement. Russ worked in crimes against children before coming to homicide two years ago. "Homicide takes plenty of patience, especially when interviewing suspects." Detective Scott Russ

http://www.aetv.com/the-first-48/meet-officers/louisville-ky/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auE2MSVY0TU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FRJE7g8wNY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsKlaBsGFWA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uVglYMQU6w

I realize I'm behind the times here but oh well. Just got done watching yesterday's testimony.

1. JG is one scary dude.
2. Erin was believable, IMO. I think she took the mother role in the whole situation and JG ate it up.
3. Cassie was not believable in the least. And what's up with her courtroom attire? I think she would lie all the livelong day for her cousin/ eff-buddy. Gross!

I'm still :fence: in regards to Little Josh. I just can't figure this one out.

Good Morning Everyone!:seeya:

I think if we knew the history between JG & JY it would really help us on whether we believe JG cared about JY or not. I think he IS lying and does care as much as he is capable of caring about anyone.

I wish we knew the full backstory on Joshua/JY's Mom and JG from the very beginning of JYs birth. On DDs show last night there was a woman on there that said JG did love JY. That he had gotten custody of JY when he was six months old until he went off to prison. (I guess the mom lost custody due to drug use) So if that is true, JG is lying that he doesn't care about JY imo.

Because as soon as he gets out of prison he files for custody of him again. Could this be why the Judge gave him custody? The Judge would know if there were any complaints against him when he had custody of him the first time at a very young age until maybe he was 4-5.

imo

Earlier this year, Robin Gunter, Young's aunt and Gouker's former sister-in-law, received a letter from Gouker while he was awaiting his trial for his stepson’s murder. He wrote about his son Joshua.

In part, it says, "I’m truly alone in trying to save him. His life is on the line … It doesn't matter if the whole world thinks I'm wrong for doing it. He's a good kid. He's been dealt a sh**ty hand … That I went to prison didn't help. I do know that a lot of this [is] my fault. I wish I would've grown up faster."

He adds, "So many people are trying to 'jump' on his case and hurt him … It's like I'm in a game of chess with known and unknown opponents … It's easy to say that you'll die for somebody, but I wonder how many people actually follow through with it? I've gotta do whatever it takes to save him."

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/08/05/exclusive-josh-goukers-jailhouse-letter

And if he did have custody of him before he was sent to prison this would explain somewhat why JY adores his father so much. He knew he got custody of him early in his life and immediately upon release from prison he files for custody again.

IMO

Another Jury issue, judge sz before he hits the button again to see a certain juror. I think they are having more than one who is fallng asleep or something is going on. any locals to fill us in behind the scenes here on the white noise and the juror?

Good Morning!

After the testimony yesterday of JG I think JY may have killed Trey and his father helped him afterwards.

Can the State still charge JY with murder?

I wonder if JY had been found not guilty of murder if JG wouldn't have announced that he was an innocent man and JY since he can't be tried twice admits that he killed Trey. JG gets another trial and is set free with time served for complicity to murder (helping JY afterwards).

:seeya: Morning!

Here we go, states witness John Robertson, boyfriend of Cassie Gouker

11szhwz.png

Afternoon all you sleepyheads over in America.

Good Morning!

After the testimony yesterday of JG I think JY may have killed Trey and his father helped him afterwards.

Can the State still charge JY with murder?

I wonder if JY had been found not guilty of murder if JG wouldn't have announced that he was an innocent man and JY since he can't be tried twice admits that he killed Trey. JG gets another trial and is set free with time served for complicity to murder (helping JY afterwards).

There's no way they would overturn a murder conviction under those circumstances. Maybe that would work if the two were complete strangers to each other, but not father and son, they would just dismiss the son's confession as a ploy to help his dad.

Defendant Young told Robertson that he had killed Trey with a bat

Robertson is currently on diversion, he has to stay clean for 5 years, he was arrested on a felony.

Bat was a wooden Louisville Slugger he (Robertson) had picked up at a garage sale

I can now see how if all these witness's were drunk that they can't remember anything. So who knows what happened the night Trey was killed.

Get rid of that #, so I am posting another blank post. Eeeek! Evil #!

Good morning trial watchers.
Ocean, I question that JG has the capacity to love. He is often described as a sicko, but I see him as just plain mean. Beyond psychopathy. He is cold & self-serving & I wonder if his motivation for wanting the child was not what we think of as love but because of his ownership, his entitlement. His kid. His mini-me.

What a cast of characters! If this was a book, I couldn't have gotten through the first chapter.... too unbelievable.

Get rid of that #, so I am posting another blank post. Eeeek! Evil #!

Haha, really? The number of the Beast in the Bible was 616 - the 666 was a mistranslation, so don't worry you passed the evil long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361