GUILTY OH - Gail Knisley, 62, killed in serial highway shootings, Columbus, 25 Nov 2003

b17princess2

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Turbosleuthing and BeeBee....I live in Dublin, Ohio..the Northwest corner off of I-270...the shootings have been taking place around the southern part of I-270.... Have either one of you heard anything about the shootings before the lady was killed? I listen to the news every morning..and had not heard a thing about it until the recent death....I think they are now saying there has been 11 incidents since May??? (Maybe related, maybe not)...Very Scary...I for one, am avoiding that area.

They just broke in with a news bullitin on our local Columbus, Ohio news station stating that positively 4 of the shootings are linked together by the same bullits. Another news conference is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

Gawd b17.. you live near this place??

Keep safe.. don't be driving around until they get the people responsibe :eek:

Cass...

Originally posted by Casshew
Gawd b17.. you live near this place??

Keep safe.. don't be driving around until they get the people responsibe :eek:

Cass...

Yeah...we do live semi-near where the shootings are happening. We went out of town tonight and really needed to go that way (after 7pm-when it would have been re-opened)...we took the back roads ....I was too afraid. Very scary! What I find very scary is the fact that so many shootings have happened and they started back in May.....we (Columbus) were never told anything about them until a lady was shot/killed! Makes you wonder what else may be going on??? I will be careful..I promise! Thanks for caring.:)

Sheeesh.. it must be scary to have to worry about a sniper. I mean on top of everything else that goes on in the world today :dontknow:

Cass....

Originally posted by Casshew
Sheeesh.. it must be scary to have to worry about a sniper. I mean on top of everything else that goes on in the world today :dontknow:

Cass....

It is scary! My husband thought it would be ok to travel that way tonight..but we had our children with us and our neighbor's children....NO WAY! I am not going that way until they find that freak(s)!!

I hope the Police know more then they are saying and have some good tips to go on! It does make you wonder why this person(s) has decided to target that particular stretch of the highway? Does he/she/they live in that area...maybe kids out being stupid? or Someone that has a vendetta against something that happened in that area? Makes you wonder what makes people do such awful things!

I feel really bad for the family and friends of the lady that died. It was so sad to hear the lady that was driving the car talk about her dear friend that was shot sitting in the passenger seat. Very heart wrenching....they were just out shopping...the driver blamed herself because she said if she would have gone another way...her best friend would still be alive. So sad and tragic.

I haven't read any of the links since I try and watch the Columbus News in the evening but I heard that some people came forward after months of not mentioning anything (how stupid is that!) and told of their horse trailer being shot. I believe it was them that told of seeing what they thought were some kids at the time. I can't recall if they said they saw a gun or not though. So, maybe the police will check out the homes around that area for young boys and see if they can find out anything.

The last time my husband was on that stretch of highway was taking his mother to Portsmouth, Ohio on Memorial Day weekend. That being the end of May it made me feel starnge.

Originally posted by BeeBee
I haven't read any of the links since I try and watch the Columbus News in the evening but I heard that some people came forward after months of not mentioning anything (how stupid is that!) and told of their horse trailer being shot. I believe it was them that told of seeing what they thought were some kids at the time. I can't recall if they said they saw a gun or not though. So, maybe the police will check out the homes around that area for young boys and see if they can find out anything.

The last time my husband was on that stretch of highway was taking his mother to Portsmouth, Ohio on Memorial Day weekend. That being the end of May it made me feel starnge.

Yes BeeBee, you are correct! A couple's horse trailer was hit by one of the bullet's back in August...the couple said the remembered seeing a group of boys with riffle's on an overpass or something!

Also, I was listening to our local radio station the other day (WNCI)...a caller called in and said that they live across the street from a big-wig at UPS (located here in Cols)....the caller said that their neighbor told them that 3 UPS vans had been shot at (hit) and one of their drivers had been hit. THIS IS UNCONFIRMED!! I am just saying I heard this on the radio!! I said something to our FedEx gal about what the caller said, and she said she wouldn't be surprised...they like to keep things from the public so we don't panic. IMO...I would think that if an UPS driver was hit...it would have been reported to the public?? Again....that story is only what I heard....NOT CONFIRMED!!

Oh, they are talking about the shootings right now on channel 4 news...They are saying that last night when they shut down the Interstate from 5pm-7pm ....the investigator's were trying to use lazers to find out exactly where the bullets were shot from!

I've compiled this information from the Columbus Dispatch and from a little research on my own.

May 10, 2003 (Saturday) *The next day was Mother's Day*
Chevy Cavalier, car ran out of gas, owner and 2 others walked for help around 3am. When they came back the car had been shot at twice. The hood, windshield, and windshield wiper had been damaged.

August 31, 2003 (Sunday) *Following day was Labor Day*
Bullet struck a horse trailer. This is the report of the couple seeing "several juveniles" including one with a firearm on an overpass before teh shot was fired. The bullet does not match to the fatal bullet but is considered to be related b/c of the location.

October 10, 2003 (Friday) *The 11th was first day of Tabernacle, the 12 was second day of Tabernacle and the 13 was Columbus Day.*
Pontiac Bonneville Driving home around 12:15 pm bullet struck the left rear tire.

October 11, 2003 (Saturday) *See above for holidays*
Nissan Sentra "bullet ripped" through the car, passed over teh back seat and shattered a rear window.

October 19, 2003 (Sunday) *No close Holidays that I can see*
18 wheeler driving around 11pm driver side window exploded, showering driver with glass. The bullet matched that of the fatal bullet.

November 11, 2003 (Tuesday) *This was Veteran's Day*
Around 1:35 am an alarm triggered police to the unoccupied school in Hamilton Township. The bullet from the school matched the gun used in the homicide.

November 17, 2003 (Monday) *No Holidays that week*
A UPS driver was driving around 11am when he felt a jolt, he discovered a bullet hole in a door behind the driver's seat. Driver states it missed him by 18 inches.

November 18, 2003 (Tuesday) *No Holidays that week*
Police gave the bullet to the driver of a Ford Expedition since it didn't seem significant to police. Bullet was in driver's side door. Investigators have not linked the slug from vehicle to the fatal bullet.

November 21, 2003 (Friday) *6 days before Thanksgiving)*
Bullet shattered the rear passenger window of van around 7:40 pm.

November 25, 2003 (Tuesday) *2 days before Thanksgiving*
Pontiac Grand-Am driving around 10am, bullet punched through the driver side door killing Gail Knisley. Within hours two other vehicles were hit by bullets in the area.

#2 Bullet damaged rear fender well of GMC Jimmy around 2pm.

#3 Coca-Cola driver discovered a bullet hole in backof his semitrailer around 3pm.

November 30, 2003 (Sunday) *3 days after Thanksgiving*
Plymouth Sundance bullet struck passenger side door.

Bullet also was found in a home on the living room floor. The bullet was fired at the house somewhere between Nov. 30th after 11pm and December 1 around 3:30pm. The bullet matched that of the fatal bullet.

If this shooter is a youth(s) doing this it would make sense that over the summer the shooter was elsewhere (perhaps) the other parents house and not able to be in the Columbus area.

Why would this person stop for 2 1/2 months?

I talked to our UPS driver today and told him about what I heard on the radio about a report that 3 UPS trucks had been hit by the interstates shooter and one of their drivers shot in the leg! He confirmed that it was true about 3 of their trucks being hit. He said he had also heard himself, that one of their driver's was hit, but that UPS took it upon themsleves to keep it hush hush. He said the company was like that. That's just for what it's worth..I know, it's still hearsay..but wanted to fill you in on a report from one of UPS's very own.

Originally posted by b17princess2
I talked to our UPS driver today and told him about what I heard on the radio about a report that 3 UPS trucks had been hit by the interstates shooter and one of their drivers shot in the leg! He confirmed that it was true about 3 of their trucks being hit. He said he had also heard himself, that one of their driver's was hit, but that UPS took it upon themsleves to keep it hush hush. He said the company was like that. That's just for what it's worth..I know, it's still hearsay..but wanted to fill you in on a report from one of UPS's very own.

I heard about the cameras being installed, I hope they get them soon! I know they don't want to get everyone in a panic, but geeeze!

Do be careful B17, I couldn't stand to lose you now, I just found you! :blowkiss:

I don't know what good its supposed to do when they TELL people they're putting the cameras up. They might scare them enough for them to move down the road, but they're not gonna catch 'em. Did I miss something about this? Help me out here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back