Secret Service Guards Mother Duck, Eggs

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=542&e=1&u=/ap/treasury_duck

WASHINGTON - The Secret Service, which has the job of guarding the president and other dignitaries, now has a new temporary duty — protecting a mother duck and her nine eggs.

The duck, a brown mallard with white markings, has had several names suggested by Treasury Department people, including "Quacks Reform," "T-Bill," and "Duck Cheney." It has built a nest in a mulch pile right at the main entrance to the Treasury Department on Pennsylvania Avenue.

Golfmom!:)

This is the cutest story!
Thanks so much for the smile this morning!:)

God bless,
Love,
Ariel

ariel7 said:
Golfmom!:)

This is the cutest story!
Thanks so much for the smile this morning!:)

God bless,
Love,
Ariel

Ariel, I got a kick out of the story too. Can't you just visualize the whole MIB effect while guarding the little duck and her eggs?
It made me grin.
Hugs!

golfmom said:
Ariel, I got a kick out of the story too. Can't you just visualize the whole MIB effect while guarding the little duck and her eggs?
It made me grin.
Hugs!

Lol!!! Too funny!:)

Mrs. Duck Cheney is well protected.

((hugs)) for you, too!
I've sure missed everyone here the past
wk! Am so glad to be back.

Ariel :D
:blowkiss:

http://us.f528.mail.yahoo.com/ym/login?.rand=ck1bcp43trui1

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. officials bolstered security on Thursday for a duck nursing eggs near the White House to protect her from demonstrators at a global economic summit beginning on Friday.

Officials are concerned protesters could disturb the mallard hen, who is incubating what officials say are nine eggs at the foot of a tree on the sidewalk in front of the Treasury Department and next door to the presidential residence.

"We are widening the perimeter around the duck as a precautionary measure," Treasury spokesman Rob Nichols said.

The bird spends her days nibbling mulch around her, dozing in the spring sunshine, or feathering her nest. Every evening at dusk, she covers her eggs and leaves for about 15 minutes to feed, a Treasury official said.

Decision-making about the duck's safety was closely guarded.

"We don't comment on security matters," Nichols said. :dance:

Wow, and here I thought the government wasn't doing anything to protect the environment <lol>;)

How about: A duck in downtown Vancouver, an Officer on foot patrol.

Duck comes and tugs the pant leg of the Police Officer and quacks.

Officer could not figure out what was happening.

Duck did it again and waddled off to a sewer. The duck was VERY persistant.

The Cop looked down the sewer and saw the little ducklings.

With help he removed the grate, but the ducklings were a bit farther then his arm could reach.

He got a large slotted spoon from a nearby restaurant.

Saved the duckings, by scooping them out of the sewer. 5 in all. Mom and babies happily waddled off.

I have never eaten duck again..........this is a true story, had pictures and all.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: funny openminded1 you made my morning!
openminded1 said:
Wow, and here I thought the government wasn't doing anything to protect the environment <LOL>;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back