WI - Locally famous makeup artist, Sarah Brucker, 36, dies in fire, Milwaukee, 2013

angelainwi

Certified Trauma Counselor
Reaction score
http://fox6now.com/2013/08/08/five-alarm-fire-destroys-delafield-home/

Sarah is known and loved by myself and many of my friends and we all know that this whole thing just does not add up. The following words are mine. Please if any sleuthers have an extra minute any insight into this case would be so appreciated. Sarah Brucker is very well known in the Milwaukee community for her make up boutique and high profile local styling business. She died in a suspicious fire on Wednesday evening, 10 minutes after getting home. She leaves behind two children, 4 and 7. Was in the middle of a divorce from a rocky marriage. The children were supposedly with their father the night of the fire. Everyone escaped the 3 condo unit fire except her. The Dept. of Criminal Investigation has been brought in. Still have not heard a COD.

Hmmm... Would the fire need to be helped along by some kind of accelarant for it to get out of control so quickly? She was only home for 10 minutes, and I don't believe the house was on fire when she got there, so that leaves a very short time frame. I know people can be overcome by smoke inhalation very quickly, but would a fire really have gotten that big before she was able to get herself out? It's not like she was asleep, she had literally just gotten home.

It's very lucky that the children weren't home. Bless their little hearts.

I'm so sorry that you've lost your friend, Angela. I hope we can find the answers you are all looking for. My thoughts are with you, and all those who knew and loved Sarah. ((hugs))

I'm so sorry about your friend. The neighbor is quoted in the article as thinking the whole thing just went up too quickly. Hopefully the investigation will determine if something was done to her apartment.

How terrible.

May I suggest hiring a PI?

I'll be thinking about you and her family.

:praying: for her two children and loved ones. :rose: :rose:

What a horrible death!! Sounds like accelarate in the room and maybe a
cigarette was lit or appliance was turned on .... TV??

The Fire Department's Criminal Investigators will find out what happened.

http://fox6now.com/2013/08/11/hoping-for-new-details-monday-in-fatal-five-alarm-fire-in-delafield/

Autopsy results were expected to be release yesterday, but I am not finding that they were.

Everything I saw said they should be released on Monday, but they weren't. I find that odd, then the article comes out today saying suspicious cirtcumstances surround the death. I'm trying to figure out why she would send a text to the boyfriend telling him to hurry if she had just talked to him. Did she notice something weird and want him to walk her inside? If there was a real issue it seems like she would have called other people when the boyfriend didn't answer. Maybe she did, the article only mentions the calls with the boyfriend.

I'll be watching this one. Something is obviously off.

Witnesses in the area said the house was almost immediately engulfed.

Sarah's parents and the father of her children sat far apart at the funeral.

Here is the search warrant

Attachments

• brucker.pdf
    316.7 KB · Views: 60
"A neighbor heard two explosions before fire consumed a three-unit apartment building on Maple Avenue, along the shore of Pewaukee Lake, last Wednesday, apparently claiming the life of Sarah Brucker, 36, who lived in an upstairs apartment."

http://www.livinglakecountry.com/la...under-investigation-b9973866z1-219282941.html

So she had just gotten home, had 2 explosions to warn her to get out and still was overcome by smoke inhalation before she could get out? From the pictures her apartment couldn't have been that large, plus she was found by a window or a door. I know that smoke can overcome you quite quickly, but I still don't understand how she didn't get out. :( It really bothers me. RIP Sarah.

I feel like she must have been incapacitated somehow, chloroform or something?? IT makes no sense that she did not get out and if you read the search warrant she tried to call her boyfriend several times and sent him a text saying please hurry up....

After reading that article again, one of the neighbors said that after the second explosion he went outside and there was already a large red glow coming from the building. I would like to know how far apart the explosions were. Were they one right after the other? A minute apart?

I do wonder if the first explosion stunned her or knocked her out so that she was unable to escape. It's the only non-criminal scenario I can think of, assuming that the explosions were no criminal either. Also, what would cause explosions like that? Natural gas?

I think they would be telling us if natural gas was involved.

Wonder if the bf had ever missed her calls before.

Yes, if it was natural gas they wouldn't have been able to just put the fire out.

From what I understand if there is a gas leak even turning a light switch on can ignite it. We had a gas leak outside our bedroom. The neighbor smelled and heard it hissing. He beat on the windows and warned me not to turn the lights on and get everyone out immediately. He luckily knew how to turn it off. He said if he had rung the doorbell it could have caused an explosion.

He likely saved 6 lives as my daughter's friend was 5 months pregnant at the time.

He died last year from a heart attack :(
Thank you "Stubby " for saving us! RIP kind sir!!!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back