Missing persons/murder victims last seen at New York Port Authority Bus Terminal

Mountain_Kat

Heca Firimar !
Reaction score
Just thought we needed a thread about missing persons/murder victims last seen at New York Port authority bus terminal.

Maureen Brainard Barnes: last seen at NYPA bus terminal on July 9, 2007
Jessica Taylor: Last seen working near the NYPA bus terminal the week before her body was found. Late July, 2003
Jane Diane Seymour: Last known location was NYPA bus terminal, where she called her father looking for a ride home, July 22, 2005
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/seymour_jamie.html

I saw that. But Stevie doesn't seem to fit the profile of our other girls.

Jane Diane Seymour fits the same profile exactly. In fact, her story is so similar to Maureen's that it's shocking to me.

I think Manorville and Fire Island are linked. All victims were dismembered and their remains were also dumped on OP. This killer is a real SICKO. I dont have faith in the SCPD. To much time has gone by.

Yes fire island and manorville are linked. They found parts of the one girl in manorville, OP, and fire island.

I never thought MBB and JT were killed by the same guy but, now, well that IS a huge coinky dink! By the way...nice to be back. I've missed WS's!

I have never heard of any but does anyone know if any images of MBB or JT or the other two girls, were found on the PA cameras?

I have never heard of any but does anyone know if any images of MBB or JT or the other two girls, were found on the PA cameras?

Don't know about Jessica, but by the time Missy could get LE to take Maureen's missing person report seriously, the video from NYPA was already gone.

Maureen Brainard Barnes: last seen at NYPA bus terminal on July 9, 2007
Jessica Taylor: Last seen working near the NYPA bus terminal the week before her body was found. Late July, 2003
Jane Diane Seymour: Last known location was NYPA bus terminal, where she called her father looking for a ride home, July 22, 2005
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/seymour_jamie.html

Good find on Jane! She seems to fit the victimology. I'd bet JD Manorville may have come out from that Port Authority area.

Can a local please tell me if the train Maureen would have taken (assuming she ever got on the train) would have made a scheduled stop on Long Island? TIA.

Can a local please tell me if the train Maureen would have taken (assuming she ever got on the train) would have made a scheduled stop on Long Island? TIA.

Mountain_Kat, see my most recent post in the MB thread. In it, I lay out all of the possibilities as to where MBB might have been heading.

I'm a little confused as to why the Port Authority Bus Terminal is being discussed. Has it been connected to any of the Gilgo Beach bodies? I know it's served as a departure point in many missing person cases, but I wasn't aware that it's connected to this particular case.

If she took Subways or Amtrak, the answer is NO.

The only trains which bring commuters to LI would be the LIRR. One can get the LIRR train right out of Penn station (short distance from NYPA) taking the Ronkonkoma branch to Brentwood & then need to take a cab to Hauppauge as bus transportation is NOT like the City, it is unreliable, infrequent & leaving one walking too much. Bottom line, it sucks.

Many times ppl will take the BabyIon branch cause it's a HUB which has more trains running more frequently & then take a cab out east & north to Bay Shore, Hauppauge, Patchogue, Brentwood, even the Hamptons. When time is an issue the Babylon branch is most used & for those where money isn't an issue, paying for a cab $20, 30, 40, 50 or more is more common than one would think.

If she took Subways or Amtrak, the answer is NO.

The only trains which bring commuters to LI would be the LIRR. One can get the LIRR train right out of Penn station (short distance from NYPA) taking the Ronkonkoma branch to Brentwood & then need to take a cab to Hauppauge as bus transportation is NOT like the City, it is unreliable, infrequent & leaving one walking too much. Bottom line, it sucks.

Many times ppl will take the BabyIon branch cause it's a HUB which has more trains running more frequently & then take a cab out east & north to Bay Shore, Hauppauge, Patchogue, Brentwood, even the Hamptons. When time is an issue the Babylon branch is most used & for those where money isn't an issue, paying for a cab $20, 30, 40, 50 or more is more common than one would think.

Or, unsub could've offered to pick her up at one of the stops on the Ronkonkoma branch - Brentwood or Central Islip - close to the Hauppauge Holiday Inn Express. The former is 3.1 miles from the hotel, while the latter is 2.1 miles away.

There are TONS of possibilities as to where MBB could've been heading - somewhere else within NYC via subway or bus, New Jersey, places serviced by Amtrak trains, other cities services by Greyhound, etc. - but I can't help but think she was hopping on an LIRR train. Maybe I'm biased; every time I set foot in Penn Station, I was heading to either Centre Av or Rockville Centre via LIRR.

What you say about the Babylon line rings true, though - I remember those trains running all the time. They definitely ran far more frequently than the Long Beach branch trains that I preferred to take. Can't say I ever used the Ronkonkoma branch, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back