936 users online (215 members and 721 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    Here's an article with the new jury selection & trial dates:

Lunsford Conaway trial put on hold from this month until February
    https://www.theet.com/news/free/luns...292b0df77.html

WESTON — The trial of a woman accused in the homicide of her 3-year-old daughter more than six years ago has been moved from this month until February.

Jury selection for Lena Lunsford Conaway will begin at 9 a.m. Feb. 12 at the Lewis County Courthouse, with the trial to start Feb. 13, Chief Judge Jake Reger ruled.

~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

The Dyers also plan to file a motion soon to move the case to another county due to pretrial publicity and public sentiment.

They hope the court can make a decision on that well before the date for jury selection.

“We’d like to address that motion in the next four to six weeks,” Tom Dyer said.
    https://www.theet.com/news/free/luns...292b0df77.html
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Lunsford Conaway lawyers seek change of venue; judge sets Dec. 19 hearing
    https://www.theet.com/news/free/luns...0cf530178.html

WESTON — Lewis County Chief Circuit Judge Jake Reger has set a hearing Dec. 19 on a defense motion to move the trial of Lena Lunsford Conaway.
    [.....]
    Lunsford Conaway's lawyers, Tom and Zach Dyer of Clarksburg, believe their client can't receive an impartial trial in the county, according to their motion.

The lawyers provided a link for Reger to review that is a compilation of news stories "with comments from readers."
    [.....]
    The motion doesn't mention where in West Virginia the defense believes Lunsford Conaway could receive a fair trial.

Jury selection for Lunsford Conaway is set to begin at 9 a.m. Feb. 12 at the Lewis County Courthouse, with the trial to start Feb. 13.
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~

for today's hearing:

Tuesday, December 19th:
    *Motion for Change of Venue (@ 9am ET) - WV - Aliayah Lunsford (3) (Sept. 24, 2011) - Lena Marie Lunsford Conaway (34), "mom" indicted March 6 on four counts: Murder of a child by parent by failure to provide necessities, which carries a life sentence; death of a child by parent by child abuse, which carries up to 40 years in prison; child abuse resulting in injury, which carries 1-5 years; and concealment of a dead body, which also carries 1-5 years. Trial was to start Feb. 13th. Trial was delayed on 10/6/17; no further dates available.

Hearing delayed in Lunsford Conaway case
    http://www.wdtv.com/content/news/Hea...465082833.html

....a judge has postponed a hearing on a motion for a change of venue in Lena Lunsford's case.
    [.....]
    There was supposed to be a hearing Tuesday on the defense's motion. Lena Lunsford-Conaway's attorneys don't believe she would be able to receive a fair trial in Lewis County due to the publicitiy surrounding the case; however, they're looking for more time to prepare for their argument.

and of course no further dates stated....

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    Hearing delayed in Lunsford Conaway case
    http://www.wdtv.com/content/news/Hea...465082833.html

....a judge has postponed a hearing on a motion for a change of venue in Lena Lunsford's case.
    [.....]
    There was supposed to be a hearing Tuesday on the defense's motion. Lena Lunsford-Conaway's attorneys don't believe she would be able to receive a fair trial in Lewis County due to the publicitiy surrounding the case; however, they're looking for more time to prepare for their argument.

and of course no further dates stated....
    This is terrible. This poor sweet muffin has waited so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sharing a Google Alert:

Change of venue hearing for Lunsford-Conaway trial rescheduled for Jan. 8
    http://www.wdtv.com/content/news/Cha...465716873.html

WESTON, W.Va. (WDTV) -- A change of venue hearing for Lena Lunsford-Conaway's trial has been rescheduled for January 8, according to Lewis County Chief Circuit officials.
    [.....]
    .....Defense Attorney Tom Dyer, who said the defense does not believe Lunsford-Conway can receive an impartial trial since the general public is familiar with the case.

Monday's hearing likely to set Lunsford Conaway case moving rapidly toward conclusion
    https://www.wvnews.com/news/wvnews/m...03a0ba1f9.html

The case is likely to speed to a resolution soon, with the remaining key issue — where to hold the trial — set for a hearing Monday afternoon before Chief Judge Jake Reger in Lewis County Circuit Court.

Defense attorneys Tom and Zach Dyer have asked the court to move the trial to another region in West Virginia, saying they don’t believe Lunsford Conaway can receive a fair trial in Lewis County.

Jury selection is still on for Feb. 12th, with trial set to start the next day on the 13th.

up for today's hearing:

Monday, January 8th:
    *Change of Venue Hearing (@ ET) - WV - Aliayah Lunsford (3) (Sept. 24, 2011) - Lena Marie Lunsford Conaway (34), "mom" indicted March 6 on four counts: Murder of a child by parent by failure to provide necessities, which carries a life sentence; death of a child by parent by child abuse, which carries up to 40 years in prison; child abuse resulting in injury, which carries 1-5 years; and concealment of a dead body, which also carries 1-5 years. Pled not guilty. Trial to start Feb. 13th. Trial was delayed on 10/6/17; still a go: jury selection Feb. 12, trial starts Feb. 13th
    Judge postponed hearing so defense attys can have more time to prepare argument re motion for change of venue; no further dates given. A change of venue hearing for Lena Lunsford-Conaway's trial has been rescheduled for January 8, according to Lewis County Chief Circuit officials.

The judge denied the motion to move the trial!

http://www.wboy.com/news/crime/updat...nied/906875457

Quote Originally Posted by wvcountrygirl View Post

The defense called a private investigator to the stand to prove that a change of venue was necessary. *The private investigator discussed media coverage on Facebook by multiple outlets in the area and said nearly every comment about the case was very negative. *The state countered that argument by stating that most of those comments were not from Lewis County residents.

Quote Originally Posted by wvcountrygirl View Post

Wonderful let her face her neighbors who searched for this baby for months, based off of her lies. She should just tell them where she hid the body so a proper burial can be held! Waiting for February....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lunsford-Conaway denied venue change
    http://wvmetronews.com/2018/01/08/de...-venue-change/

WESTON, W.Va. — Lena Lunsford-Conaway will at least have to sit through a jury selection, a Lewis County judge determined Monday.

Circuit Court Judge Jacob Reger refused to grant the defense’s motion for a venue change in the case of Lunsford’s missing daughter, Aliayah, who is presumed dead.
    [.....]
    Dyer (Defense attorney) said jury selection will begin in February.
    “(Reger) will reconsider the motion to change venue at that time after we begin the efforts to pick a jury in Lewis County,” he said. “In a case of this magnitude, it could take a couple days to seat a jury, and this trial may take three, four or five weeks. That would be typical. We’re going to need to be very careful in selecting this jury to make sure we get an impartial group, so it could take some time.”
    [.....]
    Lunsford-Conaway will return to court Jan. 31 for a pre-trial motions hearing. The trial is scheduled to begin Feb. 13.

little sad eyed angel. We are all still here waiting for justice for you. Soon baby girl.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast