GUILTY OH - Wendy, 31, & Peyton Ralston, 5, Tallmadge, 23 July 2013

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
The rest at Daily Mail, with pictures:

Badly decomposed bodies of woman and child found in Ohio, may be mother and son reported missing last week
Officials are working to identify the remains of two people found Saturday in Ohio.
---
The remains found were only feet from where Wendy Ralston and her five-year-old son lived; the two have been missing since last week
---
‘The bodies are badly decomposed,’ spokesperson Gary Guenther told MailOnline, adding that an anthropologist is being brought in to bolster the office’s efforts to identify the remains after they spent ‘longer than a week’ in the woods.

Tallmadge Police have no leads yet on the disappearance of Ralston and her son, but have questioned many people, including the boy’s father.
---

ralston.jpg

A witness who lives near the home of a missing Tallmadge woman said she heard her neighbor’s child cry out “Mommy, get up” several times one day last month.

The remains were found wrapped in a bed comforter and dark blue sheet and placed in a wooded area behind Ralston’s home on Stone Creek Drive, a subdivision off Eastwood Drive in Tallmadge.

A man who neighbors said lived with Ralston was seen talking to police Saturday and then leaving with two plain clothed officers.

- http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/missing-tallmadge-woman-identified-son-5-also-missing-autopsies-being-performed-on-2-bodies-found-in-woods-1.420553

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...found-in-tallmadge-were-stuffed-in-duffle-bag

Posted: 08/12/2013
Last Updated: 1 hour and 54 minutes ago
By: Jen Steer, newsnet5.com
By: Kristin Volk, newsnet5.com
TALLMADGE, Ohio -

"The two bodies found in a wooded area in Tallmadge on Saturday were wrapped in blankets.

A Summit County Medical Examiner’s report said the remains were wrapped in a comforter and a dark blue sheet, then stuffed in a duffel bag. The cause of death and the identities of the victims have not been released.
However, Tallmadge police said 31-year-old Wendy Ralston and her 5-year-old son were reported missing on Aug. 7. But a day care worker said Ralston stopped bringing her son in mid-July.

“We just assumed maybe she lost her job,” Beth Mauller said as she left a small teddy bear for the boy at the Ralston’s home. “He was just one of those little kids that took your heart and you couldn’t help but fall in love with him.”

The bodies were discovered in the 500 block of Stone Creek Drive on Saturday afternoon. Police said Marie Ralston reported the discovery directly to the police department so there is no 911 call.
Police and agents from the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation searched Ralston’s nearby duplex for hours on Monday.

A 12-year-old boy in the neighborhood said he and a friend were walking in the wooded area on Friday and noticed something strange." (cont at link)

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...adge-were-stuffed-in-duffle-bag#ixzz2boliPuEE

According to the article there will be a presser today at 11am (CST I guess).

No news on the 'man' who lived with them.

(Sounds like her Mom found her wrapped up behind the house in the woods. )

Search warrant obtained on house. Constant 24/7 security on the house. Numerous searches of house, vehicle and woods behind house.

Wendy and Payton have both been identified...

39 yo boyfriend of Wendy living in house, he is the father of Payton. We've talked to him, talked to many people...

Going to analyze massive amount of evidence over the next few days...

No CoD, no ToD

Yet to identify a suspect, that's what we're working on today...

Soliciting tips, call 330-475-7638

The amount of evidence is substantial. We've got evidence in the house, evidence in the field...

Confirmed this is a double homicide investigation.

Last confirmed sighting probably in late July.

Spokesman just confirmed there have been a number of contacts to LE for domestic issues at that home.

The boyfriend is described as 'cooperative'.

Morning of July 23rd is last confirmed contact--it was a Facebook post.

LE is trying very hard not to confirm whether boyfriend is a POI. (Reporters keep trying to ask in different ways, is what I mean.)

Two vehicles were towed yesterday--Wendy's and her boyfriend's.

"We're very confident we're going to handle this successfully."

(Boyfriend's been living in the house the whole time. I think this one will probably be pretty predictable. Won't say more for TOS.)

So boyfriend lives with them, but didn't report them missing - her mother had to do that. Huh. Interesting.

RIP Wendy and Peyton.

After seeing fran's post after mine, I just wanted to add that I feel so bad for Wendy's daughter as well.

Per news brief:

Second body was id'd as Peyton's. (she was previously id'd).

Her mom had lost contact with Wendy since July 23rd. It was not unusual for them not to have contact for a period of time.

Early August her mom began trying to contact Wendy. On August 10 she began looking for Wendy and found bodies behind home in woods.

39 year old b/f, father of child(?)(he wasn't exactly clear on that) was questioned. He lived in the home.

No cause of death. Massive amount of evidence, including in house. Have questioned many people, no suspect at this time. Many POI's they're talking to.

Both vehicles on property towed away for processing.

LE confident they will be successful in solving this.

Wendy has 13 yo daughter that is with grandmother.

the end.

They'll probably have video up shortly.

hth
fran

Oh, I missed that!

:(
fran

It was a little mumbly and the LE guy tried to be evasive. I had good headphones on though. The LE guy just said "domestic issues" (he did not specifically say DV), and a reporter followed up as to whether there had been any arrests as a result, sounds like there hadn't been.

The way the reporter asked the question, it sounded like he already knew the answer. Meaning, I assume the house may be known for screaming fights/police calls? JMO

IMO, the reporter probably knows the name of the boyfriend and have already looked up his criminal record. We don't know his name, but I'm sure we will soon.
jmo

Second body found in Tallmadge belongs to Wendy Ralston's son; police investigating double homicide

Williams said police have not identified any suspects at this time, but are "talking to" several persons of interest, including a 39-year-old boyfriend who had been living at the Stone Creek Drive home since Wendy Ralston and her son were reported missing by Ralston's mother Aug. 7.

The man is cooperating with police, Williams said.

full article at link ............ http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/08/second_body_found_in_tallmadge.html

Gosh, I hope they have SOME seasoned detectives. Although I will say, from the news conference, they seem to be covering all their bases.

JMHO
fran

"The case is the first homicide investigation in the Tallmadge since 2004 or 2005, Williams said. "

Glad to know they have tons of substantial evidence and apparently got some from the inside of the house wendy shared with her boyfriend and the two cars, one Wendy's and the other her bf's.

I'm guessing something happened in both cars if both have evidence? Did he chase her down? Meet up with her/trick her to meet up and they both drove to do so.

Very tragic. Thoughts and prayers with Wendy's family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back