Montauk, NY: 40-y.o. Woman Mysteriously Falls Overboard an ANCHORED Yacht & Dies

bourne

"The truth shall set you free." ~JUSTICE FOR REBEC
Reaction score
"A relaxing evening on the seas turned deadly a few miles off Montauk Point and investigators are still piecing together how it all happened.

The Coast Guard got a distress call late Saturday night into Sunday from 54-year-old John Petrocelli, who said his 40-year-old wife, Ninive, had fallen overboard near Montauk.

"The husband tells us that they were anchored and sitting on the boat and were on the bow, and his wife mentioned that she was chilly and was going to get a sweater," Suffolk County Police Det. Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick said.

But after being gone for 10 minutes, Petrocelli says he went looking for his wife, who was nowhere to be found.

Eleven hours later, boaters discovered Ninive Petrocelli's body floating in the water. She was not wearing a life-vest.

"There's no indication of any criminality in this case," Fitzpatrick said.

"The question is how did the 40-year-old fall overboard while the boat was anchored in calm waters?"

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/long_island&id=9203063

Ok, it's dang suspicious to me.

I saw the picture of the yacht. It is VERY SMALL. It's more a boat than a yacht.

The waters were CALM. There's no storm. No rain. No wind. No wild waves crashing against the yacht.

AND the yacht is anchored so it's NOT moving.

Why didn't the husband hear his wife fall overboard? He claims she disappeared to get a sweater for ten minutes. And he heard NOTHING? NO crash into the waters?

The authorities find her body 11 hours later in the waters. How did the husband not hear a darn thing? And in calm waters, her body would have been floating right near the boat. And he couldn't find her? REALLY?!

Now, I can understand if he was intoxicated to the point of oblivion, and so was she that this death may be an accident...Otherwise, this is BS, IMO.

He threw 10 life jackets in but didn't put one on himself and jump in to try to rescue her?

my hinky meter is going off on this one..

Small boat, calm water, something doesn't add up. Hell, if that was my loved one, I would jump in. The deck was quite close to the water..

Ok, it's dang suspicious to me.

I saw the picture of the yacht. It is VERY SMALL. It's more a boat than a yacht.

The waters were CALM. There's no storm. No rain. No wind. No wild waves crashing against the yacht.

AND the yacht is anchored so it's NOT moving.

Why didn't the husband hear his wife fall overboard? He claims she disappeared to get a sweater for ten minutes. And he heard NOTHING? NO crash into the waters?

The authorities find her body 11 hours later in the waters. How did the husband not hear a darn thing? And in calm waters, her body would have been floating right near the boat. And he couldn't find her? REALLY?!

Now, I can understand if he was intoxicated to the point of oblivion, and so was she that this death may be an accident...Otherwise, this is BS, IMO.

As long as you don't factor in credibility . He doesn't think the fact that her body should have been at the boat suspicious? Or that it took 11 hours to find her?

As long as you don't factor in credibility . He doesn't think the fact that her body should have been at the boat suspicious? Or that it took 11 hours to find her?

That's just it. It does not make any sense that the boat was anchored and waters were calm and still and the hubby couldn't see/hear his wife crying out for help or her body floating near the boat? There were no waves!

Did he even look for her? SMH

Oh, now hubby upped the time to TWENTY minutes (instead of TEN) that he lost sight of her! And there are "3-foot waves" and detectives think she " slipped while trying to negotiate a narrow walkway at the back of their 45-foot vessel" AND he called his wife a "poor swimmer". So why didn't he jump into the waters to find her? What BS.

"The frantic husband, John Petrocelli, threw nearly a dozen life preservers out on the choppy water, hoping against hope that his wife — a poor swimmer — would grab one of them.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...lli-appears-accident-police-article-1.1424419

Good. The family is looking into her death.

BBM. And now the hubby claims he DID hear her screams for help! IMO, his fantastical story is getting more imaginative by the minute.

"Foul play was all but ruled out yesterday in the death of a woman who mysteriously fell from a pleasure boat in Long Island, but her grieving family isn’t convinced it was an accident."

"But Ninive’s brother, Blas Tejeda, 50, told The Post there are a few things that don’t add up. For one, he said, Ninive was an adventurer, who had gone parachuting, skydiving and bungee jumping. If Ninive were conscious, she would have been able to rescue herself, he said.

“I don’t think it was that difficult for her to get back up there,” Tejeda said. “My sister was a survivor.”

According to Coast Guard officials who took the distress call, Petrocelli could hear Ninive screaming and tossed life jackets out into the dark in the direction of her cries for help.

A search party arrived within 10 minutes, but it took 12 hours for a private boater to find Ninive’s body."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/makin_waves_in_boat_death_8GQlJJ5c2E3RML9QW0TJQO

It's been 3 months and I thought there might be some news regarding this investigation but... I've found nothing :(

According to the article:

The boat was anchored 2-1/2 miles off Montauk when she fell over the stern. Just after midnight the husband reported her missing and the US Coast Guard immediately conducted a thorough search of the area... but found nothing. Approximately 12 hours later a good samaritan boater found her body just 3 miles southeast of Montauk.

I don't know anything about boating, but it seems strange the US Coast Guard didn't find her. Did they not widen the search at least a mile in all directions?

http://easthampton.patch.com/groups...s-body-found-off-montauk-police-investigating

Rich men seem to be able to get away with BS like this! Robert Wagner,Edward Kennedy and etc!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back