VA VA - Rachel Nicole Good, 20, Elkton, 18 Oct 2003

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

Rachel Nicole Good

Endangered Missing from Elkton, Virginia since October 18, 2003

Age: 20 -- Height: 5'4" -- Weight: 180 lbs -- Hair Color: Blonde -- Eye Color: Brown

Rachel has scars on her navel and back. She was 10 weeks pregnant when she disappeared.

Rachel was last seen in the parking lot behind the Elkton Volunteer Fire Department with friends at approximately 6:00 pm on October 18, 2003. Her friends saw her get into her Dodge Neon and drive away as it got dark. Her car was later found parked at her home. She has never been heard from again.

Rachel was reportedly romantically involved with a married Elkton police officer at the time of her disappearance, and he is believed to be the father of her unborn child. He originally headed the investigation into her case, but was later placed on administrative leave. A search warrant was executed on his house, and he resigned in 2004.

Investigators believe Rachel was murdered, but her body has never been found. She left behind three children when she vanished.

NamUs

AMW

Charley Project

I wanted to post some updates to this case and maybe get her some attention. This story is amazing because of the abuse of the LEO. Rachel was apparently involved with, and carrying the child of, a police officer. I am not sure if he was married or not.

I have read that he gave her money for an abortion and she just spent it and did not have the procedure. One can assume this made him angry. She then went missing.

Who gets assigned (or asks to be assigned to her case)? the lover/cop. Goes without saying he should have recused himself. Instead he went to her home several time to investigate. He could have removed evidence. At the very least, we know those first few days are critical to an investigation and that time was lost.

Her family and friends realized what was going on and reported it to the chief and the B/LEO was suspended. He resigned a few months later and I think I read he moved to Florida and lives with his father.

Seems like the state police or FBI should have been called in on this because of the involvement of "one of their own". I don't see how this guys friend's and coworkers on the force could have run an unbiased investigation.

I found this interesting article. It says her parents had her declared dead in 2010 (have to be missing for seven years)

http://www.whsv.com/news/headlines/Rachel_Good_Declared_Dead_112659724.html

Rachel Good Declared Dead

It's been seven years since she was last seen, but on Thursday morning, family and friends of Rachel Good had some closure.

A Rockingham County judge declared Rachel Good dead.

She has been missing since October 2003.

She was 20 years old and allegedly pregnant when she disappeared.

The judge's decision comes at a significant time.

According to the lawyer representing Good's father, Virginia code states, "If a person is missing for seven years, they can be presumed dead."

The court's decision opens the door for civil action, as well as lawsuits against anyone the family believes is responsible for her death.

Although her body has not been found, her father believes she is dead.

"It's like she vanished. She's gone. I know her well enough that if she was alive, she would have contacted somebody. I just feel lost. I'll be glad when it's over with," says Cary Good.

He adds that, even if he were to win a lawsuit and get compensation from someone responsible for her death, he just wants his daughter back, and "no amount of money can do that."

I haven't found news if they did try to find justice through the civil court system.

She was 20, the mother of 3 kids and pregnant with another child by a married man. I don't want to sound negative but to me it sounds like she could have led not the most stable life and might have been involved with the wrong crowd, possibly drugs etc.

If the police officer she was involved with didn't harm her I'm sure she met with foul play on the hands of other "bad people".

She disappeared it looks like while she was on trial for forgery, uttering (?), and obtaining services by fraud.

(search here http://ewsocis1.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/MainMenu.do )

It looks like she was supposed to plea on October 24th, but didn't show up as the result for that hearing is "Capias Issued", so a warrant. There is another hearing on August 26th 2004 with result Nolle Prosequi, that she will not be prosecuted.

Virginia State Police posted this today on their Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/VirginiaStatePolice/posts/10153044851965101
VSP Still Seeking Information on 2003 Missing Rockingham County Person Case
Eleven years ago today, Rachel Nicole Good’s whereabouts became unknown. As part of the ongoing investigation into her disappearance, the Virginia State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation Culpeper Field Office is seeking any information into her whereabouts.
Rachel Good was last seen Oct. 18, 2003, at approximately 6 p.m. in the town of Elkton (Rockingham County) Virginia. At the time of her disappearance, Miss Good was 20 years old at the time of her disappearance. She is a white female with blonde hair and brown eyes, 5’4” in height and approximately 180 lbs.
Anyone with any information as to the whereabouts of Miss Good is asked to contact the Virginia State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation Culpeper Field Office at (540) 829-7400.

Comments are interesting.

It pains me to see there has been no resolution with Rachel's case. I went to school with Rachel and like many of us she was a little rebellious but she would have NEVER abandoned her children. As most locals think that she is buried deep in the mountain's around here. I hope one day soon she is found so her family can get closure and those at fault are brought to justice. Rachel was kind hearted and would give anyone her last. She did not run away over pending charges, she was murdered and anyone that knew her or the situation knows that. These mountains around us are unforgiving but hopefully one day soon she is found.

Has anyone looked at NAMus for a possible identification of any DOEs?

Rachel Nicole Good

Endangered Missing from Elkton, Virginia since October 18, 2003

Age: 20 -- Height: 5'4" -- Weight: 180 lbs -- Hair Color: Blonde -- Eye Color: Brown

Rachel has scars on her navel and back. She was 10 weeks pregnant when she disappeared.

Rachel was last seen in the parking lot behind the Elkton Volunteer Fire Department with friends at approximately 6:00 pm on October 18, 2003. Her friends saw her get into her Dodge Neon and drive away as it got dark. Her car was later found parked at her home. She has never been heard from again.

Rachel was reportedly romantically involved with a married Elkton police officer at the time of her disappearance, and he is believed to be the father of her unborn child. He originally headed the investigation into her case, but was later placed on administrative leave. A search warrant was executed on his house, and he resigned in 2004.

Investigators believe Rachel was murdered, but her body has never been found. She left behind three children when she vanished.

NamUs

AMW

Charley Project

There isn’t much at all after the postponement, it’s strange. Coverup maybe? Would love to know if you have heard anything.

It’s been 14 years and nearly seven months since Good vanished.

On Wednesday, a Rockingham County Circuit Court judge opened the door for the suspect in the case, former Elkton police officer Adam Williams, to be held liable for the 2003 disappearance of the 20-year-old pregnant mother of three from Elkton.

But Cary Good isn’t interested in civil or criminal resolutions to the disappearance.

“All I want to know is where she’s at,” the 68-year-old said on May 3. “That’s all I want so I can bring her home.

“I’m tired. It’s been 15 years and my health ain’t that good, and I want to know what happened to my daughter before I die.”

If Williams was involved, Cary Good said he can forgive him.

“I’m not mad at Williams; not a bit. They were kids. They screwed up,” he said. “If he’s got down on his knees and said, ‘Lord, I’ve messed up; please forgive me,’ I’m obligated to forgive him.”

The next step in the lawsuit is a hearing on the amount of damages that would be awarded. Per Virginia law, any money would likely go to Rachel Good’s children.

Cary Good said he doesn’t expect the family will receive anything and isn’t interested in the money.

“I don’t want nothing. I don’t want a penny,” he said. “I want my grandkids to know what happened to their mother. ... That’s all I want.”

https://apnews.com/article/911d5aeb84fc4282a9f780546abe9f35

My heart absolutely breaks for Rachel’s father. Williams is a coward, and if he has even a sliver of a conscience, he would tell Rachel’s father what he did to Rachel and where she is. All her father wants is to lay his baby to rest. I hope justice comes for him, Rachel, and her children soon. Next year marks NINETEEN YEARS since Rachel vanished.

Victim Information​

RACHEL NICOLE GOOD​

Rachel Nicole Good

Gender:FemaleHeight:5' 4"Hair Color:BlondeAge:20Race:WhiteWeight:180Eye Color:Brown

Case Details​

VIRGINIA STATE POLICE – DIVISION TWO – CASE: 04-25446​

ABOUT THE CASE:​

Rachel was last seen with friends in the parking lot behind the Elkton Volunteer Fire Department , near the Coin Laundry of Spotswood Trail in Elkton, Virginia at approximately 6:00 p.m. on October 18, 2003. Rachel's friends saw her get into her Dodge Neon and drive away as it got dark. Rachel has never been heard from again. Rachel was wearing blue jeans, yellow t-shirt and stud earrings. NAMUS MP #1141

We're going to do an episode on Rachel's case. I just started looking into it, but it makes me feel insane. I lived in Rockingham County at the time, and I had no idea this had happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back