Found Deceased SC - Lori Jane (Eblin) Reaves, 35, Columbia, 1995

Roselvr

Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Family have been working on filing a missing persons report for almost 2 years -

Help Find Lori Jane (Eblin) Reaves FB

Missing Person - Lori Jane (Eblin) Reaves since 1992
Description
Lori Eblin Reaves has been missing since the early 90s and was last known living in Columbia, South Carolina. She also lived in Goose Creek, SC and Charleston, SC. She is now age 52 and we need help finding her.

She has four children, family and friends that need help finding her.
Daughter was 14 the last time she heard from her around 92/93; at that time she was in Columbia SC.

There is a detective in South Carolina that is supposed to be filing the report.

The last record we find was in Columbia SC in 1992. She had a charge for shop lifting that is still active on the Richland Count SC site. The case number is D445841. She was arrested on 4/8/1992 and the disposition date is 11/16/1993. It says it Remanded to Other Court.

She has a case # in NAMUS but they won't make it active until the detective in SC actually files the missing persons report.

Lori would have been 31 in April 1992.

Her birthdate is 10/4/1959
Lori was originally from Columbus, Ohio and graduated from Hamilton Township High School in 1977
She married Gregory K. Reaves in Franklin County OH on 11/12/1977

Map - map of some of the places Lori lived in South Carolina. She was living in Columbia the last time her daughter talked to her in 1992 or 1993.

Attachments

• Lori Jane (Eblin) Reaves1.jpg
    Lori Jane (Eblin) Reaves1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Lori Jane (Eblin) Reaves2.jpg
    Lori Jane (Eblin) Reaves2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 26
  • South Carolina.jpg
    South Carolina.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 27
I was asked by Lori's family to do an age progression to her current age of 53 years old. Here's what I came up with.

1f40cab8-d8ec-47f0-a6ed-399ca4b13e73.jpg

I am Lori's sister. We are waiting for Det.Cronise out of Columbia,S.C. to make her formal report. Then her NaMus case can be open. Right now I am the only one who can see it. There is a Jane Doe in Tenn. that could possibly be her, but until the Det. makes her report, and the case is made active, she can not have a NaMus opened or any DNA testing done. The maiden name over her pictures is misspelled. It is EBLIN.

Another surname for her is Richardson, as per the FB page that she had been married to a Nathaniel Richardson, and was reported missing by him in 1995.

Richardson has been added, Det.in Columbia found a marriage license for 1995. We have not actually seen it.Lori's NaMus case is now active. #20632. Waiting for 2 of her children to donate DNA to case manager at NaMus, as soon as she contacts them. The Richland County Sheriffs dept.crime analyst is having their own age progresses photo made of Lori. Posted by Lori's sister, Debbie.

Can the post with her photos and age progressed photo, be updated to Lori Jane Eblin/ Reaves/ Richardson? Also on Names and the report from Det.Cronise in Columbia, Lori is listed as Lori Jane Richardson. Thanks so much, Debbie.

Can the post with her photos and age progressed photo, be updated to Lori Jane Eblin/ Reaves/ Richardson? Also on Names and the report from Det.Cronise in Columbia, Lori is listed as Lori Jane Richardson. Thanks so much, Debbie.

1f40cab8-d8ec-47f0-a6ed-399ca4b13e73.jpg

Lori Richardson NamUs profile

Case Information
Lori Jane Richardson
Nickname/Alias Reaves
Date last seen April 08, 1992
Date entered 06/15/2013
Age last seen 32 to 33 years old
Age now 54 years old
Race White
Ethnicity Other
Sex Female
Height (inches) 65.0
Weight (pounds) 125.0 to 130.0

Circumstances
City Columbia
State South Carolina
County Richland
Circumstances - Last independent verifiable contact was 4/8/92. Her daughter last spoke to her in 1992. There is an indication that she was living in Columbia, SC in 1995. A witness stated that one day she left, or went missing, without notice.

Physical
Hair color Brown
Head hair - Naturally curly, thick. May have some grey in it now.
Eye color Brown
Eye description - Big eyes.
Distinctive features - Pierced ears.

Clothing and Accessories- Clothing and accessories are unknown

Dental - information / charting is currently not available

DNA - Status: Sample available - Not yet submitted

Contacts Local Contact
Dottie Cronise
Phone 803-576-3462
Relationship Law Enforcement

Case Manager
Pamela Reed
Phone 817-666-5432

Regional Administrator
Pamela Reed
Email Pamela.Reed@unthsc.edu
Phone 817-666-5432

New Flier
Please share my sisters flyer. She last had contact with her daughter in 1994. Last known to be living in Columbia, South Carolina. We have a marriage certificate for a marriage that occurred on Feb.22, 1994. That husband claimed in early 2013, that he came home one day and she had just taken off. Someone, somewhere, knows something. Thanks for sharing!

Help Find Lori Jane - Eblin / Reaves / Richardson FB

RICHLAND MEMORIAL HOSPITAL VS. LORI RICHARDSON 01/10/1995 Richardson, Lori 3212 Lyles Street Columbia SC 29201

Important dates As we find information I will add the dates here.

10/04/1959 Lori Jane Eblin born in Columbus, OH

11/12/1977 Lori married Gregory K. Reaves in Columbus, OH

04/04/1992 Lori arrested for shoplifting in Richland County, SC
http://www5.rcgov.us/SCJDWEB/Public...&CourtAgency=40001&Casenum=D445841&CaseType=C

02/22/1994 Lori married Nathaniel Richardson in Columbia, SC (obtained license on 2/16/1994). Nathaniel's DOB is 06/10/1960.

11/17/1994 Richland County Hospital filed suit against Lori. Case #942496

01/10/1995 Richland County Hospital case Disposition: default judgement (did this mean Lori didn't appear?)

03/27/1995 Richland County Common Pleas Case #199261 $902.75 judgement amount Richland County Memorial Hospital Note: Lori's address is shown as 1712 HAMPTON STREET COLUMBIA SC 29201.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Flier2014.jpg
    Flier2014.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 209
How sure is the birth date for Nathaniel Richardson as 06/10/1960? Because in Richland County public/court records, I keep coming across a Nathaniel Richardson born 06/12/1960, and I am wondering if it's the same guy. He has/had a record, including an arrest for domestic violence in July 1994.

Also, I've just checked and 1712 HAMPTON STREET is the address of Richland Memorial Hospital, it's used on all court records mentioning them from the time.

ETA: Is anyone in contact with the family, or the people running the page? I tried to message about something once but got no response. The Nathaniel Richardson with the 1994 domestic violence arrest IS the right one I think - and he was indeed born on 06/12/1960. Just checked public directory records on Ancestry and found Lori J Richardson with the right DOB living at 2517 Clark St, Columbia, SC with this exact Nathaniel Richardson, born 06/12/1960. So except this is one huge coincidence, it's the same guy.

Which means someone realllly ought to look into the domestic violence charge - was it against Lori? Is it related to her later being sued by the hospital? The case number is E252693, and related cases (with time served concurrently, and seemingly taking place on the same day) are 04241ZD for resisting arrest and 04240ZD for public drunkenness.

I'm not saying this has anything to do with anything necessarily, but it should be looked in to, considering the last person to see Lori is her husband, who had a previous arrest for domestic violence - possibly against her.

How sure is the birth date for Nathaniel Richardson as 06/10/1960? Because in Richland County public/court records, I keep coming across a Nathaniel Richardson born 06/12/1960, and I am wondering if it's the same guy. He has/had a record, including an arrest for domestic violence in July 1994.

I passed it on.

I passed it on.

I think I edited after you had replied, but I'm now 99% sure that this is the correct Nathaniel Richardson. If you haven't seen the edit, I've also put the case numbers.

Have also PMed more details, but to summarise, the husband is also a registered sex offender, for a "sexual misconduct" charge for which he served 1981-1991 in New York...

ETA: Is anyone in contact with the family, or the people running the page? I tried to message about something once but got no response. The Nathaniel Richardson with the 1994 domestic violence arrest IS the right one I think - and he was indeed born on 06/12/1960. Just checked public directory records on Ancestry and found Lori J Richardson with the right DOB living at 2517 Clark St, Columbia, SC with this exact Nathaniel Richardson, born 06/12/1960. So except this is one huge coincidence, it's the same guy.

Which means someone realllly ought to look into the domestic violence charge - was it against Lori? Is it related to her later being sued by the hospital? The case number is E252693, and related cases (with time served concurrently, and seemingly taking place on the same day) are 04241ZD for resisting arrest and 04240ZD for public drunkenness.

I'm not saying this has anything to do with anything necessarily, but it should be looked in to, considering the last person to see Lori is her husband, who had a previous arrest for domestic violence - possibly against her.

I'm in contact with family. Give me a few to get the PM..

I'm in contact with family. Give me a few to get the PM..

Have heard back from FB group, I think I must have sent my previous message from ages ago to the wrong person or something!

Thanks to all. The date for Nathaniel Richardson and Loris marriage certificate is 6-10-60. The RCSD, has been asked several months ago to reinterviewed or further investigate Mr. Richardson. They seem to have put it on the back burner, because it is not important enough for Lori to be found.May if I email them once a week they will get tired of hearing from me and do something.

Nathaniel Richardson, never reported Lori missing. He told Inv. Cronise in early 2013, that as the date of speaking to her, he did not know if they were still legally married.

I agree with alllads comments! As of now, it seems the last 'verified' sighting was in February 1994, when she married. If it could be confirmed whether the hospital stay/lawsuit was related to the domestic violence incident, that could push her last known sighting to July 1995.

I think it's interesting that a drunk in public, a resisting arrest, and a domestic violence all occurred together. Would that mean that the domestic violence took place in a public area? Were there witnesses? Those criminal records should be public, it should be a simple matter of requesting them from the court.

Also, when Mr. Richardson said she had just left, did he say in what month? Or whether she had a car that disappeared with her, or if she took her belongings with her? Are they still legally married?

Did she have a history of leaving without notice? One of the comments on the FB page says that she had a (male) friend name G*** that she stayed with sometimes while in Columbia. That comment kind of gave me the impression that she bounced around some. Her family hadn't actually spoken to her since 1992, so it seems like her being out of touch wasn't all that unusual.

So I think it's reasonable to think she did leave. Hopefully that is the case.

I read about this case yesterday and it really grabbed me.

One other thing I would suggest, is to request the mugshot from the shoplifting arrest. That would be only months before she went missing and would give an idea of what she looked like then, since the other photos are from the early 1980's. That should be public record as well, nowadays they are even posted on the internet.

I agree with alllads comments! As of now, it seems the last 'verified' sighting was in February 1994, when she married. If it could be confirmed whether the hospital stay/lawsuit was related to the domestic violence incident, that could push her last known sighting to July 1995.

I think it's interesting that a drunk in public, a resisting arrest, and a domestic violence all occurred together. Would that mean that the domestic violence took place in a public area? Were there witnesses? Those criminal records should be public, it should be a simple matter of requesting them from the court.

Also, when Mr. Richardson said she had just left, did he say in what month? Or whether she had a car that disappeared with her, or if she took her belongings with her? Are they still legally married?

Did she have a history of leaving without notice? One of the comments on the FB page says that she had a (male) friend name G*** that she stayed with sometimes while in Columbia. That comment kind of gave me the impression that she bounced around some. Her family hadn't actually spoken to her since 1992, so it seems like her being out of touch wasn't all that unusual.

So I think it's reasonable to think she did leave. Hopefully that is the case.

I read about this case yesterday and it really grabbed me.

A lot of great thoughts!
I just viewed the public records; sure sounds like they were out drinking; he got violent with her; she ended up in the ER. The question is; did anyone see her after that? My opinion is probably not. :(

I really wish we could say for sure that the domestic violence incident and the hospital bill were related. It seems logical that they were.

The next question would be how long was he incarcerated - because if nobody saw her after she was in the ER, that may also suggest that she left voluntarily, since he may still have been incarcerated when she was released from the hospital. Or, he may have been released quickly, it's hard to say. I don't recall the records showing what the sentence was, although it may have? I wasn't really looking for the sentencing info when I looked, so I'm not sure. I'll try to check again sometime tonight if I can. I'm having some internet issues today. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back