TEACHER disciplined for fight at school!

VespaElf

Little Miss Showcase(runner-up)
Reaction score
DALLAS (AP) — A high school teacher faces an assault charge after police say she walked into a middle-school classroom, grabbed another teacher's hair, yanked her out of her chair and dragged her across the room while punching her in the face and kicking her.

According to the police report, Paulette Baines grabbed Mary Oliver in front of the class full of gifted students Friday.

Baines was angry because Oliver told her daughter to quit loitering by lockers and go to class, Dallas school district spokesman Donald Claxton said.

Oliver said Baines was yelling at her as she entered the classroom.

"I want you to know I didn't raise a finger. I didn't raise my voice. I didn't do anything to aggravate the situation," Oliver said. "I did everything possible to defuse the situation."

Baines was charged with assault with bodily injury, according to Dallas County Jail records. Baines, 45, was released early Saturday after posting $2,500 bail, a jail official said. The school placed her on administrative leave.

Oliver, who teaches seventh-grade science at a Dallas school for gifted students, said she had bruises on her face, a concussion and two broken ribs.

messiecake said:
DALLAS (AP) — A high school teacher faces an assault charge after police say she walked into a middle-school classroom, grabbed another teacher's hair, yanked her out of her chair and dragged her across the room while punching her in the face and kicking her.

According to the police report, Paulette Baines grabbed Mary Oliver in front of the class full of gifted students Friday.

Baines was angry because Oliver told her daughter to quit loitering by lockers and go to class, Dallas school district spokesman Donald Claxton said.

Oliver said Baines was yelling at her as she entered the classroom.

"I want you to know I didn't raise a finger. I didn't raise my voice. I didn't do anything to aggravate the situation," Oliver said. "I did everything possible to defuse the situation."

Baines was charged with assault with bodily injury, according to Dallas County Jail records. Baines, 45, was released early Saturday after posting $2,500 bail, a jail official said. The school placed her on administrative leave.

Oliver, who teaches seventh-grade science at a Dallas school for gifted students, said she had bruises on her face, a concussion and two broken ribs.

There's another thread about this story somewhere in here. Get this though, follow-up articles say this was a racial issue.
:eek:

golfmom said:
There's another thread about this story somewhere in here. Get this though, follow-up articles say this was a racial issue.
:eek:

I could've guessed that.

Kids today have it all.
Heck when I was that age I'd have paid money to see my teachers throw down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back