WS Running Very Slow Today

Snick1946

Reaction score
I have been trying all morning to get on a thread I contribute to and am constantly stuck on the clock. I have been noticing very long load times the last few days, just on jumping to new pages, etc. Is there some server problem? This is not happening on other sites I frequent.

For weeks now,I have nothing but problems. Just now was able to get on. "Timed Out"

Ditto - lots and lots of lag and timeouts... Server issues again? I think they've been happening for a while now.

:seeya:

Our server is needing help. We are trying to determine the best route to take in getting the situation resolved. Please know it is a technical problem regarding the load it's carrying and nothing else. :grouphug: It was being worked on today and we're not done.

Thank you all so much for your patience!

I have had problems trying to get to Websleuths all night long. :stormingmad: The page would not load from any of my bookmarks. Finally got in by Googling (is that a word??) Websleuths!!!! Then I had been signed out. So what's going on??? I have never experienced problems like this with this website. Anyone else having similar problems?

:seeya:

Our server is needing help. We are trying to determine the best route to take in getting the situation resolved. Please know it is a technical problem regarding the load it's carrying and nothing else. :grouphug: It was being worked on today and we're not done.

Thank you all so much for your patience!

Sorry I didn't see your post. :blushing: We must have posted at the same time. Thanks for all your hard work and diligence. :seeya:

This is what I got last night

"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

I noticed the "Archives" section. Is this new? Is it taking up a lot of space? I think WS SHOULD have access to all of the older threads.

No, it's not new. It used to only be available to those who had bookmarks. I noticed it is now open for viewing again too. I don't know why, quite honestly? Nor do I know why it wasn't on the list before.

It's not dragging the server as the data has been held here all along. I was able to see it when I was in the admin area.

Just saw this on the Twitter:

WSManager ‏@WebsleuthsForum 9m
We may be performing some major maintenance tonight. If so, it may take a few hours. You will receive a notice when trying to sign in.

Just saw this on the Twitter:

WSManager ‏@WebsleuthsForum 9m
We may be performing some major maintenance tonight. If so, it may take a few hours. You will receive a notice when trying to sign in.

Yes. I think that was posted in anticipation of possible corrections today. However now I think it may have been pushed back to Sunday morning. So keep your eyes open. There will be a notice letting you know it is closed for maintenance when that happens.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Down time should be 90 minutes to 2 hours, depending on how long it takes. Yes, it should be tomorrow (Sunday) morning sometime, so sleep in everyone! will post a notice for everyone.

We're going to take Websleuths off line for about an 2 hours on the morning of Sunday, 18 August. We're going to fix the problem that causes the database errors that have been popping up.

Current schedule is to begin around 10:00 AM Eastern/7:00 AM Pacific time.

Thank you !​

I hope the maintenance help alleviate some of the load and lag issues the site has been having lately. Thanks to all who have been working so hard behind the scenes to address them. You are much appreciated.

Thank you for taking care of us...much better. :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back