Big baby boom

TrackerSam

Reaction score
A month after delivering a 13-pound, 12-ounce baby girl, Pennsylvania mom Michelle Cessna is reveling in the healthy arrival of her “little blessing” while also scrambling to re-stock her diaper supply.

Addyson Cessna joins a small but growing club of giant babies making headlines. So far this summer, a German baby girl weighed in at nearly 13 and a half pounds; a California woman had a 13-pound, 10-ounce girl; and just last week, a British mom in Spain gave birth to a 13-pound, 11-ounce daughter.

And back in March, a British mom gave birth — naturally — to a 15-pound, 7-ounce son.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/big-baby-boom-supersize-deliveries-have-doctors-worried-6C10921987

My biggest was 8 lb. 13 oz. and they had to pry him out with forceps.

Yikes, and here I thought my 10 pounder was big! But I have to say, birth weight isn't always a predictor of their future size: my 10lb newborn grew up to be a petite man... he is small in stature and weight. Looking at him, now, you would never guess that he came into the world looking like a future linebacker. lol

My biggest was 10lbs 3oz, and they had to use the vacuum extractor thingy. :eek: my four got progressively bigger in birth weight, and I wasn't obese, didn't have gestational diabetes (often a cause? Predictor? Of large birthweight babies). Not sure what caused it, except m two biggest were quite overdue (by about 2 weeks), so maybe that was a factor.

Like yours, elphaba, my biggest one turned out to be a skinny mini despite his big size at birth. He is 6 now and like all my other kids is tall and skinny as a rail. Go figure!

My largest was 9lbs 9ozs, it was a very rough birth. She was overdue by 17 days. I gained a total of 22 lbs while pregnant with her and was about 140 lbs total when I gave birth. So I'm guessing the fact that she was so late contributed to her size. She is now around 125 lbs and is 23 yrs old, so it did not affect her adult size. Her delivery was so traumatic for me, I can't imagine giving birth to a larger baby. Were all of those babies mentioned in post 1 c-sections? Gosh I hope so!

My first son was 7.10 & I ate veggies & ice cream.

My second son was 9.4 & I ate cheese burgers & Big Macs - no joke.

My third son was 7.13 & I ate seafood & veggies.

Could a mother's diet have anything to do with birthweight of their baby? My 2 oldest boys are skinny & tall. My 11 y/o is skinny & average height, until he shoots up in height like his older bros lol. I'm skinny & 5'5 125-130 fluctuates. I was 2.2 when I was born (premature).

All I can say is "Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow"

What is causing these babies to get so big?!

My largest was 9lbs 9ozs, it was a very rough birth. She was overdue by 17 days. I gained a total of 22 lbs while pregnant with her and was about 140 lbs total when I gave birth. So I'm guessing the fact that she was so late contributed to her size. She is now around 125 lbs and is 23 yrs old, so it did not affect her adult size. Her delivery was so traumatic for me, I can't imagine giving birth to a larger baby. Were all of those babies mentioned in post 1 c-sections? Gosh I hope so!

Angelonline, the lady in England gave birth naturally!!! 15 lb. 7 oz. !!! :gasp::panic:

Ouch. My only natural childbirth with no pain relief was a six pounder and was bad enough. I can't imagine one with a large head and big body, but it's good they are healthy and adorable.

My first was 5.3 she was 3 weeks early. My second was 8.3. I still don't understand why women say it's the worse pain you'll ever experience, I thought it was nothing. I had all three of mine without even an aspirin. With my second one I was in labor for 45 minutes. I had to hold him in. I guess after having pleurisy to many times to count, labor was easy for me.

My grandmother weighed 13 pounds 12 ounces when she was born, and about 78 pounds when she died. I'd say birth weight isn't a real strong indicator of adult weight. :moo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back