GBI UNSOLVED HOMICIDE - NIC no: 02-0035-01-01
LANESHIA CROWDER

0p0v.jpg

CASE INFO
Incident Date: Mon, 08/14/2000
Race: Black
Sex: Female
Hair Color: Black
Contact Info: GBI agent Larry Duren 706-565-7888 or Carroll County Sheriff's Office 770-830-5888

In August of 2000, LANESHIA CROWDER, a 21 year old single mother of two children (seven year old KENNETH CROWDER and two year old LYRIC CROWDER) lived at 270 Henson Circle, Carrollton, GA.

On Monday, August 14, 2000, at approximately 10:00 p.m., CROWDER’S body was discovered in her bedroom after no one had spoken with CROWDER for several days. CROWDER’S son, KENNETH, was discovered in the adjacent bedroom. He had been assaulted and was suffering from head trauma. He was airlifted to Egleston Hospital, where he survived his injuries.

LYRIC CROWDER was found in her mother’s bedroom unharmed. CROWDER was last known to be alive on Saturday, August 12, 2000. It is believed that sometime after midnight in the early morning hours of Sunday, August 13, 2000, LANESHIA CROWDER was attacked and assaulted, resulting in her death
http://gbi.georgia.gov/case/unsolved-homicide-1896

COLD CASE: Lane Crowder
Updated: 6:52 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2006 | Posted: 6:48 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2006
ATLANTA —
Authorities are making a new push to bring a killer or killers to justice.Lane Crowder was killed more than six years ago in the Castleberry Heights community in Carroll County. No arrest has been made.

An investigator says it appears for the hours Lane Crowder lay dead before authorities found her, her toddler daughter tried to help her with a first aid kit – and her son was nearby unconscious with wounds that would change his life. [ :( ]
snip
Her sisters say Laneshia “Lane” Crowder was outgoing and funny and made people smile.
snip
“The son had a history of protecting his mother,” says Garry Moore.
“He’s a trouper,” adds Investigator Lee.
snip
a total of $8,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Lane Crowder’s killer or killers.

The thought of that tiny girl with first aid supplies trying to "fix" her Mama just wrenches my heart.

And the little boy -- I'm assuming the head injuries he suffered probably prevented him from recalling/relating anything helpful about the identity of the attacker. He likely wouldn't have been injured either, as the little girl wasn't, if he hadn't tried to go to mom's aid, brave boy -- that seems to be what the theory is, anyhow.

I really hope the "new push" on this case will bring this family some answers.

I think I remember hearing about this at the time. Such a sad case.

From February 2015:

http://carrollton.11alive.com/news/news/1838302-little-girl-left-murdered-mother-looking-answers

If you lived in Metro Atlanta in 2000, you probably remember the horrific story of Laneshia Crowder. The details are hard to forget: a mother's beaten body discovered beside a toddler trying to wake her up. Today, that little girl is making plans to attend college...

Kenneth Crowder was almost murdered the night he lost his mother. He was left for dead. He survived the attack, but it left him scarred. He still suffers from the traumatic brain injury. He's now 22 years old and just graduated from high school.

Lyric is making plans for college, but she's still haunted by what happened in their home that night in August: "I remember it vividly," she said. "I know their faces. I know what they were wearing."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back