Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasnt_me

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. Welcome back to the Meredith Kercher Murder discussion. As you know Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito's convictions were overturned by the court of appeals in Italy. Judge Hellman has released his motivation report, which other sleuthers have tirelessly worked on translating into English.

http://hellmannreport.wordpress.com/

Kimster granted permission to reopen this discussion and as we discuss this report and its implications, it is VERY and EXTREMELY important that we adhere to the TOS of this forum. I cannot emphasize this enough because this is a very heated topic, and disrespect for other posters is not tolerated on websleuths.

Let's all be on our best behavior!:crazy:

From the site "The Murder of Meredith Kercher"

http://themurderofmeredithkercher.com/The_Double_DNA_Knife

Do there exist other sources where it is confirmed that Sollecito really told this fabricated story about the knife?

"Meredith murder suspect tells 'secret prison diary' her DNA was on his knife because he 'pricked her ' while cooking"

By NICK PISA
Last updated at 20:50 09 December 2007

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-DNA-knife-pricked-cooking.html#ixzz2cRYBsOtE

Have a look at her MySpace page, where she documents her very brief job performance in Germany.

i think you're supposed to supply a link, but regardless:

Social Networks (from Etiquette and Information thread)

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

i think you're supposed to supply a link, but regardless:

Social Networks (from Etiquette and Information thread)

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Ms Knox's MySpace page was authored by her. It's not rumor unless she chose to spread rumor about herself.

I'm referring to information that was widely available when this murder occurred ... six years ago. Links should be available in the first few threads about the case.

"Meredith murder suspect tells 'secret prison diary' her DNA was on his knife because he 'pricked her ' while cooking"

By NICK PISA
Last updated at 20:50 09 December 2007

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-DNA-knife-pricked-cooking.html#ixzz2cRYBsOtE

From the same article:
However police have spoken to several of Meredith's friends who have all told detectives that Meredith, from Coulsdon, Surrey, had never been to Sollecito's house.
Sollecito also wrote that he may have been framed by Knox.
And doesn't Knox mention in her book that on the evening of Nov 1, she noticed that Sollecito had some blood on his hands, but thought it came from cutting the fish for dinner?
(I have only read the book in the German translation, but that's what I recall).

From the round robin email written by Amanda Knox that she sent to family and friends on 4th Nov 2007:
http://adeathinperugia.wordpress.co...pressure-by-the-police-being-in-her-presence/
(bolding mine):
[AK]: when i entered i called out if anyone was
there, but no one responded and i assumed that if anyone was there,
they were still asleep. lauras door was open which meant she wasnt
home, and filomenas door was also closed. my door was open like always
and meredith door was closed, which to me weant she was sleeping.
But in her book, AK says that the doors were closed (which would imply that Laura's door was closed, not open).
Now one could argue that Knox may have mixed things up in the course of the time that has elapsed; that she is not expected to have a photographic memory etc.
Counter argument:
In Knox's story, it is a crucial issue whether the doors to the rooms were open or closed.
Writing a book gives the writer ample time to thoroughly look up sources and (re)check past statements.
Therefore Knox could easily have looked up what she had written in that Nov 7/2007 email.
But she obviously did not do this. Why?
Maybe at the time when she wrote her book, she thought it would not be necessary anymore because she had been acquitted ...?

From the same article:
And doesn't Knox mention in her book that on the evening of Nov 1, she noticed that Sollecito had some blood on his hands, but thought it came from cutting the fish for dinner?
(I have only read the book in the German translation, but that's what I recall).

That is the problem. It seems that Raffaele implied, in his prison diary, that if Meredith's blood was on one of his knives, it was a result of a dinner party game at his apartment. The problem was that several people knew that Meredith had never been to his apartment.

They did have fish for dinner and he may well have had blood on his hands at that time. Sollecito also said that Knox may have sneaked out of his apartment after he went to sleep.

From the round robin email written by Amanda Knox that she sent to family and friends on 4th Nov 2007:
http://adeathinperugia.wordpress.co...pressure-by-the-police-being-in-her-presence/
(bolding mine):
But in her book, AK says that the doors were closed (which would imply that Laura's door was closed, not open).
Now one could argue that Knox may have mixed things up in the course of the time that has elapsed; that she is not expected to have a photographic memory etc.
Counter argument:
In Knox's story, it is a crucial issue whether the doors to the rooms were open or closed.
Writing a book gives the writer ample time to thoroughly look up sources and (re)check past statements.
Therefore Knox could easily have looked up what she had written in that Nov 7/2007 email.
But she obviously did not do this. Why?
Maybe at the time when she wrote her book, she thought it would not be necessary anymore because she had been acquitted ...?

Is it any surprise that Knox's book is full of "imaginings"?

Originally Posted by otto
In terms of knowing that Knox is a completely selfish and irresponsble woman, we need look no farther than her job performance in Germany shortly before she murdered her roommate.
What happened in Germany?
Amanda Knox's uncle had managed to get her a week's internship at the German Parliament, the Bundestag in Berlin. Which is really quite a big thing: it would be analogous to an American student obtaining an internship at the US Congress.
Such an internship, even if it s only short, is certainly coveteted by many students, but few only get it.
But after only few days, Amanda walked out of her internship; she said "they didn't need her", then she
(Knox, quoted in B. Latza Nadeau's book Angel Face, p. 16):
"called in the next morning and that was it"
Apparently without notifying her uncle.

[Knox]: then i walked and walked and walked, all over berlin for two whole days. it was great. I was supposed to pick up the bus on friday, so I spent wednesday and thursday wanderig around berlin, seeing things, meeting people, drinking a glass of wine in a park near my apartment every night. fantastic. then i got back home to hamburg and found out that i was in trouble with my uncle who had landed me the job at the bundestag in the first place. aparently [sic] he had to go to a lot of trouble to get me my spot there and everyone was confused as to what what happened to me.
Knox seems to be either incapable to think beforehand about the consequences of her actions, or she just doesn't care.
Whatever the deeper reason behind it, such irresponsible behavior raises a red flag.

Has A. Knox, during all the time she spent in prison, ever been psychologically tested and evaluated?

Amanda Knox's uncle had managed to get her a week's internship at the German Parliament, the Bundestag in Berlin. Which is really quite a big thing: it would be analogous to an American student obtaining an internship at the US Congress.
Such an internship, even if it s only short, is certainly coveteted by many students, but few only get it.
But after only few days, Amanda walked out of her internship; she said "they didn't need her", then she
(Knox, quoted in B. Latza Nadeau's book Angel Face, p. 16):
Apparently without notifying her uncle.

Knox seems to be either incapable to think beforehand about the consequences of her actions, or she just doesn't care.
Whatever the deeper reason behind it, such irresponsible behavior raises a red flag.

Has A. Knox, during all the time she spent in prison, ever been psychologically tested and evaluated?

Thank you for finding that. That's exactly what I was referring to. Knox was also given an apartment for the duration of her work commitment. She simply decided to not go to work after one or two days, giving the excuse that she'd had a stomach flu before she started the job, but she stayed in the apartment for the entire work commitment time period. At the end of her diary entry about blowing off her job and upsetting her uncle, didn't she write "ciao sucker"?

That happened a couple of weeks before she was arrested for the murder of Meredith. She appears to take everyone and everything for granted. It's like she thinks that she can walk all over people without consequence.

Thank you for finding that. That's exactly what I was referring to. Knox was also given an apartment for the duration of her work commitment. She simply decided to not go to work after one or two days, giving the excuse that she'd had a stomach flu before she started the job, but she stayed in the apartment for the entire work commitment time period. At the end of her diary entry about blowing off her job and upsetting her uncle, didn't she write "ciao sucker"?

That happened a couple of weeks before she was arrested for the murder of Meredith. She appears to take everyone and everything for granted. It's like she thinks that she can walk all over people without consequence.

BBM: Good point ... BUT her "luck" is running out ...

The re-trial of the Appeals will be next month, IIRC ... so it is going to get very interesting ...

JMO but she will fight extradition back to Italy -- but Sollecito will have to go back to Italy ...

Again, JMO but if Sollecito goes back for the trial and Knox does not, I "think" he will "roll over" on Knox "big time" ... Raf is NOT going to go down alone ... NOT this time ! He is NOT going to do time if she is not ... afterall, Knox is the "link" between him and Meredith ...

Ah, it will give a new meaning to Raf's "Honor Bound" ...

:moo::moo::moo:

BBM: Good point ... BUT her "luck" is running out ...

The re-trial of the Appeals will be next month, IIRC ... so it is going to get very interesting ...

JMO but she will fight extradition back to Italy -- but Sollecito will have to go back to Italy ...

Again, JMO but if Sollecito goes back for the trial and Knox does not, I "think" he will "roll over" on Knox "big time" ... Raf is NOT going to go down alone ... NOT this time ! He is NOT going to do time if she is not ... afterall, Knox is the "link" between him and Meredith ...

Ah, it will give a new meaning to Raf's "Honor Bound" ...

:moo::moo::moo:

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. If neither of them shows up for the trial, it suggests to me that they're worried about a conviction ... and innocent people should be concerned with that.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. If neither of them shows up for the trial, it suggests to me that they're worried about a conviction ... and innocent people should be concerned with that.
I'm not familiar with the specific laws - can Sollecito refuse to show up for the trial?

My local news says she never planned to attend the re-trial. If she doesn't have to, it doesn't seem like he should have to, either. I can't blame them for not wanting to return; I wouldn't, regardless of whether I was guilty.

I'm not familiar with the specific laws - can Sollecito refuse to show up for the trial?

I don't know the law either, but I think that both of them can choose to not attend the trial. If the conviction is affirmed, I'm pretty sure that the current laws will require that they are extradited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee