1088 users online (246 members and 842 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    And why would she have mixed DNA under her fingernails if she had showered just before she was murdered?

Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    So did they "forget" to test for menstrual blood on the handle of the steak knife? Or did they find it and cover it up? Their testing process was very selective, conforming to their confirmation bias - that RZ died due to suicide because Adam told them so.

I still get creeped out by an early poster here who claimed that RZ was running around naked in the home leaving her menstrual blood everywhere because she was an unclean and crazy person. Most likely, she was being chased around the home in the nude while being beaten, sexually assaulted and eventually killed.

ETA: I'm also recalling the frustration many of us felt when SDSO/ME insisted that the blood found on her legs and feet (?) was there simply as a result of normal menstruation or bleeding from her IUD. No, it was the result of a sexual assault that occurred just prior to her hanging.
    Your last sentence makes me so sad to envision what may very well have occurred.
    All of my posts are simply thought-starters and are not meant to be implications in any way, shape or form.

and fluid... wasn't there fluid found on the strangulation shirt that wasn't tested?

Worst.Investigation.Ever.

And was it deliberately botched, or was SDSO et al just really that incompetent?

The "death investigation" has always been my hot button in this case.

I'm fuming all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Imp View Post
    Worst.Investigation.Ever.

And was it deliberately botched, or was SDSO et al just really that incompetent?

The "death investigation" has always been my hot button in this case.

I'm fuming all over again.
    Yes! Worst. Investigation. Ever...Followed closely by the SDSO investigation into the McStay family disappearance (No lumlnol? Really?).

Normally I give LE the benefit of the doubt and assume they are doing a thorough investigation. And I normally don’t say that there is “no way” a person would do something (anything is possible and frequently is). But from the moment I heard about Rebecca’s “suicide” (long before I joined WS) I said “No way would a woman commit suicide by hanging herself nude from an outside balcony. Nope. Not going to happen. Especially a woman from an Asian culture IMO.”

I remember watching the SDSO video demonstrating how Rebecca could have tied the knots and thinking “Why is SDSO trying sooooo hard to prove this was suicide?” Their conclusion stretched credulity. Given the extremely unusual and unlikely method of suicide, a thorough murder investigation should have been automatically launched. But from the beginning SDSO exhibited disdainful disrespect for Rebecca as a human being by leaving her body exposed to view. In retrospect it was clear that her death meant little to LE, and the rest is history...that I hope will be undone.

Fuming right along with you. If it turns out that SDSO was right, I will apologize.
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Isn't it standard, or at least professional procedure to re investigate a suspicious death if it's revealed that mistakes were made, evidence excluded or ignored? It taints everything that's been done. There's no choice but for a team of investigators to go back to square one and look at everything all over again, ask more questions, do more testing. At minimum, they should ask Jonah, Adam and the others to submit DNA samples to compare with the "unknown" DNA found at the crime scene.

It boggles the mind that SDSO expected the public to go along with their excuses and explanations.
    All statements are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilibet View Post
    Yes! Worst. Investigation. Ever...Followed closely by the SDSO investigation into the McStay family disappearance (No lumlnol? Really?).

Normally I give LE the benefit of the doubt and assume they are doing a thorough investigation. And I normally don’t say that there is “no way” a person would do something (anything is possible and frequently is). But from the moment I heard about Rebecca’s “suicide” (long before I joined WS) I said “No way would a woman commit suicide by hanging herself nude from an outside balcony. Nope. Not going to happen. Especially a woman from an Asian culture IMO.”

I remember watching the SDSO video demonstrating how Rebecca could have tied the knots and thinking “Why is SDSO trying sooooo hard to prove this was suicide?” Their conclusion stretched credulity. Given the extremely unusual and unlikely method of suicide, a thorough murder investigation should have been automatically launched. But from the beginning SDSO exhibited disdainful disrespect for Rebecca as a human being by leaving her body exposed to view. In retrospect it was clear that her death meant little to LE, and the rest is history...that I hope will be undone.

Fuming right along with you. If it turns out that SDSO was right, I will apologize.
    My bold. I'd like to add that SDSO's "disdainful disrespect" of Rebecca extends to us, the public, who necessarily trust LE to perform their duties correctly, with integrity and compassion, and all qualities which are glaringly absent from this case, even now.

I am ashamed to call myself a San Diegan. We should be better than that.
    If you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough.

Isn't it standard, or at least professional procedure to re investigate a suspicious death if it's revealed that mistakes were made, evidence excluded or ignored? It taints everything that's been done. There's no choice but for a team of investigators to go back to square one and look at everything all over again, ask more questions, do more testing. At minimum, they should ask Jonah, Adam and the others to submit DNA samples to compare with the "unknown" DNA found at the crime scene.

It boggles the mind that SDSO expected the public to go along with their excuses and explanations.
    My opinion is that steps were taken shortly after the "death investigation" to insure there would be nothing to see if at some point in the future someone wanted to go back to square one. If I recall correctly, Jonah very quickly had the property renovated and put up for sale, and I'll bet you dollars to donuts the SDSO "can't find" any collected but untested evidence. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to learn they "can't find" any of the evidence from the faux investigation. "Oopsie! Guess we misplaced it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Imp View Post
    My opinion is that steps were taken shortly after the "death investigation" to insure there would be nothing to see if at some point in the future someone wanted to go back to square one. If I recall correctly, Jonah very quickly had the property renovated and put up for sale, and I'll bet you dollars to donuts the SDSO "can't find" any collected but untested evidence. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to learn they "can't find" any of the evidence from the faux investigation. "Oopsie! Guess we misplaced it!"
    I think we checked news,etc. here a while back to see if the Zahau's attorney had access to all the evidence. Seems like they do, at least what was gathered from SDSO. But, yes, SDSO was very selective in what they picked up. A lot was probably destroyed by Jonah. The "sale" of the property and subsequent renovations were done so quickly after the murder, with the approval of SDSO. Jonah was hiding something. More blood evidence? DNA? We'll never know.

But looking at the photos in the listing, it appears they got rid of all the furnishings in the home, including the furniture in the death room and master bedroom. The staircase in the main hallway remained the same, but a new chandelier, wall and window coverings, flooring, etc. was installed.
    Last edited by Betty P; 12-10-2017 at 01:43 PM.
    All statements are my opinion only.

I think we checked news,etc. here a while back to see if the Zahau's attorney had access to all the evidence. Seems like they do, at least what was gathered from SDSO. But, yes, SDSO was very selective in what they picked up. A lot was probably destroyed by Jonah. The "sale" of the property and subsequent renovations were done so quickly after the murder, with the approval of SDSO. Jonah was hiding something. More blood evidence? DNA? We'll never know.

But looking at the photos in the listing, it appears they got rid of all the furnishings in the home, including the furniture in the death room and master bedroom. The staircase in the main hallway remained the same, but a new chandelier, wall and window coverings, flooring, etc. was installed.
    IMHO Jonah has always been the "elephant in the room" and has known what happened from the beginning. Shameful that he has put the family through this ridiculous hoop-jumping for years. Unfortunately he will escape being charged criminally, but I think he should be.
    "I'm sorry; if you were right, I would agree with you." - Robin Williams as Dr. Sayer in "Awakenings."

bourne is offline "The truth shall set you free." ~JUSTICE FOR REBECCA ZAHAU
    BBM

From observations, experience and anecdotal evidence, only ethical people who care about justice and fairness and the truth admit flaws, redress personal and professional errors, and right wrongs. Lazy, selfish, narcissistic people whose sole purpose in life is earning a quick buck do not.
    "The truth shall set you free." ~JUSTICE FOR REBECCA ZAHAU

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23