BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Meet the latest food trend: the ramen burger

Ramen burger is hamburger with a bun made of noodles

Author: Ken Haddad, Social Media Producer, KHaddad@wdiv.com

Published On: Aug 22 2013 11:01:23 AM EDT

DETROIT -
Food is getting more creative by the day, it seems. With buns made of donuts and chicken breasts, to taco shells made of waffles. But a new contender has entered the ring of odd ball food trends. Meet the ramen burger...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/lifes...rger/-/1718856/21574782/-/32d1v3/-/index.html

I love Ramen. It's quick, it's easy. it's filling and it tastes good. And it's cheap.

hmm

ramen noodles aren't like a healthy replacement or very tasty so I wonder what the appeal is?

I love Ramen. It's quick, it's easy. it's filling and it tastes good. And it's cheap.

It was a dorm room staple in college, to be sure, but that was back in the day when I wasn't concerned about the sodium content of foods.

Cronuts: yes.

Hemisphere of solid ramen in place of hamburger bun: no.

It was a dorm room staple in college, to be sure, but that was back in the day when I wasn't concerned about the sodium content of foods.

That's how I realized I had high blood pressure. I just started eating these about a year ago. I love them, but they sure put your blood pressure through the roof, because of the high sodium.

Lo, fried ramen isn't exactly new, nor a ramen burger, or ramen salad, ramen eggs, I could go on.

For less sodium, just don't use the entire pack of seasoning. A few sprinkles is enough for me.

Considering I can get 5 packs for a buck or under, that is not bad for times when broke. That's a buck for most of week's food.

Not healthy food by any means, but survival food. Also, ramen noodles contain a good bit of fat for what they are, so so sodium and carbs are not the only unhealthy problem. They are simply unhealthy, but cheap and filling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back