bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
parsons_erica2.jpg
parsons_erica.jpg

Erica Lynn Parsons

The Charley Project

Rowan Co. Deputies: 15-year-old missing since 2011

Updated: 11:02 p.m. Monday, Aug. 5, 2013 | Posted: 4:53 p.m. Monday, Aug. 5, 2013
ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. —Erica Parsons is a 15-year-old from Rowan County; she was adopted as a baby.

On Monday night, her grandparents said that no one has seen her since 2011 -- yet she is just now being reported as missing. They told Eyewitness News they thought she was visiting other family.

Erica Parson's grandparents told Eyewitness News they've been asking their son or daughter where the teenager was, but they just learned two weeks ago that Parsons was missing.

It has been two years, and according to deputies, no one has seen or heard from 15-year-old Parsons.
WARRANT: Teeth, hammer, video found during new search in missing teen case

Posted: Aug 21, 2013 5:06 PM CST Updated: Aug 22, 2013 6:23 AM CST
By Chris Dyches
SALISBURY, NC (WBTV) - Investigators in Rowan County have release another set of search warrants in the case of a missing Salisbury teen, who was reported missing nearly two years after she was last seen.
NC NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 15 -- Timeline and Media Thread **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread #1

The end of Nancy Grace show breaking news said
The FBI has been with Erica's uncle and another family member for several hours today. These are the family members that reported her missing to police....

Someone later in the conversation claims that the poster who claimed Carolyn Parsons worked at the McDonalds in question was the wife of Billy Dean Goodman at the time of the affair with Carolyn Parsons.

To quote the text

"that was the EX WIFE of the Biological Dad. She said the BIO MOM Carolyn and her husband at the time BILLY GOODMAN(BIO DAD) had an affair. This EX WIFE now NAME REMOVED is accusing BIO MOM of saying Erica would basically been an inconvenience in her life. She is just BITTER because Carolyn and her Husband had an affair. (Seen this on another site)"

The above is correctly quoted from that thread however it was an incorrect statement. The person who is being called out as sounding like a bitter scorned woman, JTT, she has since deleted her original comment which stated that Carolyn had an affair with her husband (NOT BDG) and that she couldn't be so sure that her husband wasn't the biological father.

as you can see... the downside of facebook comments where they can be deleted at any time and subsequently change the story.

There have been numerous rumors about Carolyn sleeping around so perhaps she did have an affair with that lady's husband but they were NOT talking about BGD.

*** GEOGRAPHY ***

I have noticed several comments about the irony behind Carolyn working at "the same Mcdonalds" as the one they dropped Erica off at. I am not sure how many of you are familiar with the area so hopefully this will help:

Salisbury, Kannapolis, and Mooresville create a triangle. It's about 25 mins from Salisbury down to Kannapolis, and 25 minutes up and over to Mooresville and about 30 minutes back to east to Salisbury. Most of these people involved as well as all the extended people we've been bringing up (other relatives), they all pretty much live within this triangle. A few here or there are in Concord but that's right next to Kannapolis.

Now the following statement may sound very politically IN-correct but for myself, someone not originally from this area, I would refer to it as stereotypical South! Everyone is related to each other or knows of each other. Branches and branches of family trees have been raised in this triangle since the 1800's. The "Goodmans" are attached to this area to the beginning of the 1800's, maybe even earlier, with some of them have 10, 13, and 15 kids all growing the Goodman population. The comment made about a Goodman being on the same street as the Parsons has been address way back in the thread. They are so far removed from the involved Goodmans it's as likely as you having a Smith or Brown on your street.

And as for the McDonalds theory. There are three in Mooresville. Correct me if I missed it but all I have heard, aside from one angry exwife on a FB thread was that they dropped her off at "McDonalds in Mooresville" ... it was not specified which one. Furthermore, two of them are right off I77 which is the main highway in this area that runs north-south through the entire state of NC.

For IRONY ... Either McDonalds in Mooresville, just off 77, would be a very convenient location for someone traveling to or from Asheville as I40 meets I77 just 15 minutes north of Mooresville. And I40 is the logical route to Asheville as it runs right into it. Furthermore, in case anyone remembers people questioning Casey Parson's explanation of why McDonalds as Nan had "a four hour drive" ... people were quick to point out that it didn't make sense as Asheville is only 2 hours or so to this area I have described. However, if in fact someone was coming to pick Erica up and bring them back to some mystical farm in Asheville, they would be driving 2 hours there and 2 hours back and would have had "a four hour trip."

Praying that Erica's whereabouts will be made known to the searchers and investigators. Gosh this case bothers me. So sad. Not one adult stood up for Erica and protected her. I just don't get it. Heck I lost a friend because I witnessed the son in law slap his son across the face, and called the police and stayed there to talk to the police! I actually went after the son in law, and couldn't find him, he had went to a neighbors...good thing for him I suppose. Sadly the police did NOT tell him to stay away until it was investigated further or nothing! They had the poor child speak to the police with the Dad there!! The child told he was slapped in the face, and the police then told me they didn't see any marks! I don't care if it didn't bruise!!! I reported it, the child stated the same as me. I had more to loss and nothing to gain! UGH! I don't understand... I just don't! Yes I followed up with protective services who then let the parents know when they were coming for an interview. Sadly the boy was punished for police the truth, and afraid to speak. Even sadder, my friend, the Grandmother did NOT report it, and didn't stand up for the child when questioned. She witnessed the same thing I did!!!

I am so sick and tired of these evil that abuse and kill these precious kids. I battled infertility for many, many years and was never able to have a child of my own. I have been blessed to be a Mimi to many of my friends and my families kids. I always have a house full of kids. I spoil them rotten, get kisses and hugs constantly,and would lay my life on the line, for any of them, in a minute. How can all of these people have not gave a damn where this child was at in 2 years? Why did everyone just look the other way? Makes me sick!!! And the reports of CP's father stating he saw CP snatch EP to the ground by her hair???? And YOU DID NOTHING??? If I saw someone do that to a child in Wal-Mart, I would be in jail for assaulting the abuser!!!

HARRISBURG, N.C. -- The two relatives that first reported Erica Parsons missing on July 30 spent Thursday talking to the FBI.

NBC Charlotte was there as investigators arrived at Scott Parsons’ home. Parsons, Erica's uncle, said he is anxious to help find out what happened to his niece.

The Parsons' attorney also spoke Thursday, saying he was surprised by the results of the lie detector test that appeared to show Sandy Parsons was lying about any involvement in his daughter’s disappearance.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-for-erica/FBI-interviews-Erica-Parsons-relatives-220736061.html

HARRISBURG, N.C. -- The two relatives that first reported Erica Parsons missing on July 30 spent Thursday talking to the FBI.

NBC Charlotte was there as investigators arrived at Scott Parsons’ home. Parsons, Erica's uncle, said he is anxious to help find out what happened to his niece.

The Parsons' attorney also spoke Thursday, saying he was surprised by the results of the lie detector test that appeared to show Sandy Parsons was lying about any involvement in his daughter’s disappearance.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/searching-for-erica/FBI-interviews-Erica-Parsons-relatives-220736061.html

What a weird thing for a lawyer to admit.

Hopefully the investigative team here will have all their ducks in a row so that this case can come to a conclusion quickly. Unfortunately (or fortunately, actually - because it may be God's grace that took this poor baby from this home...) I don't think we will find erica unharmed. This case seems to echo the case of Zahra Baker, I am sorry to say. I don't know what the solution is. Do we have anyone out there who feels this child is still alive?:worms:

I think it's possible. Given the P's incessant quest for $, and considering there's often an ounce of truth in a lie, I believe it's possible they sold Erica. The part about a rendezvous at McDonald's to hand the child over to someone could be partially true. But it wasn't to "Nan" - rather, to human traffickers.

I don't think Erica will ever be found. And I think CP is so pathological that she will never tell the truth.

It's also very possible that Erica is deceased, either the result of neglect or outright physical abuse.

This story is so sickening. What a despicable pair they are.

All of the above is of course IMO.

Haven't seen this reported yet.

The Parsonses left the Rowan courthouse around 4:20 p.m. without their two youngest children. The Parsonses have said the children were taken away from them shortly after Erica was reported missing July 30.

Casey and Sandy Parsons declined to comment as they left the courthouse. Their attorneys also refused to talk with reporters.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...a-parsons-parents-expected.html#storylink=cpy

I apologize if this has already been posted but I have not seen these details of the abuse.

The warrants also detailed allegations of abuse made against the adoptive parents by multiple family members.
Saying that Sandy Parsons told them 'she couldn't tolerate her and does not claim Erica as her daughter,' relatives told investigators the missing girl was often covered in bruises, according to the Post.
When confronted, the vengeful woman would accuse other children of beating the innocent girl.
'Family members stated another child in the home told this family member that Casey took a toy gun and broke it while hitting Erica with the toy. Erica was upset because it was her favorite toy,' according to a warrant reviewed by the Post.
Casey Parsons also allegedly forced the girl to live outside the home like a punished dog, the warrants say, according to the post.

<snip>
According to DSS documents obtained by Channel 9, at least one person had been concerned that Erica was being abused as a child.
The report stated that when Erica was 4-years-old, she was observed with ‘four marks on her rear end, a long one down the back of her leg and a couple on the side of her face.'
According to a woman involved in the case, the little girl was perpetually punished by her adoptive parents. The person who raised the alarm about Erica's treatment told DSS at the time that Casey Parsons even carried ‘a belt’ and used it to whip the girl.

more at the link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-Carolina-home-missing-15-year-old-girl.html

http://www.14news.com/story/2322276...buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer
WBTV has learned that the storage building belongs to Erica's adoptive father, Sandy Parsons.

Rowan County tax show the home and property have been owned by William and Janet Parsons, Sandy Parsons' parents, since 1995.

According to the warrants, investigators seized a video tape, pieces of a vacuum cleaner, teeth, a hammer and school records.

This is the second property search that investigators have done since Erica was reported missing.

A search was done on August 16 along the 200-block of Miller Chapel Road, the home of Erica's adoptive parents Casey and Sandy Parsons.

During that search, investigators logged information about 68 items that they removed from the house.

That list includes a "plastic bag with JonBenet Ramsey magazines" and a "JonBenet book with notes inside about remodeling house."

The warrant says there was drywall cut and removed from a closet area with red stains. The section was tested for blood, the warrant states. Investigators also took baseboards from the closet with red stains.

I've heard of murderers keeping a token (e.g., underwear, jewelry, articles of clothing) but .... teeth ? Is this as unusual as it sounds ?

Well, tn_titans_fan, no more than fingers, toes or ears, IMO. But yes, definitely it odd, eerie, and bizarre. <shiver>

But why? Why keep them unless they belong to someone else and are true keepsakes? Why risk having a shred of the little girl if she is truly deceased? If they (or either one of them) did have a heavy hand in what happened to this little girl, maybe they/he/she overestimated this as an effective hiding place along with underestimating LE's suspicions and wide reach. They had plenty of time to go in there & destroy the (possible) evidence or just burn the shed to the ground. Dunno.

Just plain unbalanced and evil, if we're looking at what it might be...

I apologize if this has already been posted but I have not seen these details of the abuse.

The warrants also detailed allegations of abuse made against the adoptive parents by multiple family members.
Saying that Sandy Parsons told them 'she couldn't tolerate her and does not claim Erica as her daughter,' relatives told investigators the missing girl was often covered in bruises, according to the Post.
When confronted, the vengeful woman would accuse other children of beating the innocent girl.
'Family members stated another child in the home told this family member that Casey took a toy gun and broke it while hitting Erica with the toy. Erica was upset because it was her favorite toy,' according to a warrant reviewed by the Post.
Casey Parsons also allegedly forced the girl to live outside the home like a punished dog, the warrants say, according to the post.

<snip>
According to DSS documents obtained by Channel 9, at least one person had been concerned that Erica was being abused as a child.
The report stated that when Erica was 4-years-old, she was observed with ‘four marks on her rear end, a long one down the back of her leg and a couple on the side of her face.'
According to a woman involved in the case, the little girl was perpetually punished by her adoptive parents. The person who raised the alarm about Erica's treatment told DSS at the time that Casey Parsons even carried ‘a belt’ and used it to whip the girl.

more at the link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-Carolina-home-missing-15-year-old-girl.html

I just feel so sick inside. Little Zahara Baker comes to mind...sorry I probably spelled her name wrong.

I just feel so sick inside. Little Zahara Baker comes to mind...sorry I probably spelled her name wrong.

Yeah. You know how I was always on the family's side with Alanna? No risk of that here.

Interesting find.....JHB on CarP FB says that CarP use to work at a McDonalds in Mooresville. I find this information very interesting if it is true....

This is a very interesting comment, I hope LE follow up and see if it is true.

Story needs an editor but it's out there.

The two children are being cared for by their maternal grandmother, Shirley Stone, who told Channel 9 she didn't know what to expect.

"I really don't even know what you're talking about right now," Stone said.

But her husband, James Irving Stone, told Channel 9 inside the courthouse, he hopes Sadie and Tobie stay with them, and he thinks Casey, who is his own daughter, is guilty of a crime.

Reporter Tina Terry asked Stone if he thinks his daughter is guilty of Erica's disappearance, and he said, "yes."

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/parents-missing-rowan-co-teen-appear-court/nZYsx/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie