Multi-state dog-fighting ring busted

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...-dogfighting_defendants_plead_not_guilty-ap-2

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — A detective investigating a multi-state dog fighting case said each side usually bet $20,000 to $40,000 on a match and more than $100,000 could change hands on a Saturday night in the Alabama woods.

Auburn Police Detective Chris Carver worked with the FBI on the investigation and testified in federal court Wednesday in Montgomery. All 12 defendants from Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi and Texas appeared in court to enter not guilty pleas. All are charged with conspiring to sponsor dog fights or training animals for fights. Eleven face gambling charges. A judge set a Feb. 10 trial date........more .............

367 pit bulls recovered and being cared for now...

Scumbags! I'm embarrassed to say I live in AL where these redneck jerks are doing this right under our noses. Dogs are being stolen out of fenced yards weekly. I think there's more of this going on further north in the state but couldn't be sure. Hope they're still investigating other areas of the state because I feel certain they still haven't gotten them all.

Scumbags! I'm embarrassed to say I live in AL where these redneck jerks are doing this right under our noses.

Most dog fighters are NOT rednecks, and some of the names of those indicted sure don't sound redneck.

Regardless if it were up to me they would all take a short drop on a long rope, and any family of theirs that knew would hang along with them. The family and bettors and anyone else involved in this should be done away with in their entirety.

"I believe if Dante were alive today and were rewriting 'The Inferno,' that the lowest places in hell would be reserved for those who commit cruelty to our animals and to our children," US Attorney George Beck said during a news conference Monday.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/...rly-370-pit-bulls-seized-southeast-dog-fighti

Article above includes video of the rescue.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back