VA VA - Leyla McCullagh, 36, Leesburg, 14 Aug 2012

astridxx

Reaction score
WASHINGTON - It's been one year since a 36-year-old woman went missing from her home. The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in finding Leyla Mastova McCullagh, a Leesburg resident.

Matthew McCullagh, her estranged husband, says he last saw his wife on Aug. 14, 2012 at her home in 21000 block of Evergreen Mills Road, according to a news release from the county sheriff's office.

McCullagh's family and friends contacted the police several times after her disappearance, the release said. She suffered from an unknown medical condition at the time that she went missing.

Loudoun detectives are continuing their investigation more than one year after filing a missing person report.

Anyone with information on the Leyla McCullagh's disappearance should contact the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office at 703-777-0475.

http://www.wtop.com/41/3437727/Police-still-search-for-missing-Va-woman-1-year-later

305893.JPG

Wow, it sounds like there was a lot of violence in that house.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/husba...achine-gun-in-girlfriends-car/article/2528912

The husband of a 36-year-old Leesburg woman who disappeared under suspicious circumstances has been arrested on federal gun charges after investigators said he tried to hide a submachine gun shortly after she vanished.

Leyla McCullagh and Matthew Ryan McCullagh, 33, had a contentious relationship. She was arrested on domestic assault charges for an April 2012 incident in which police said she kicked in their bedroom door and threw a TV at her husband before attacking him. She accused her husband of having an affair.

Does anyone have any information about the location of where her phone pinged from the day she went missing? All i can find is "a few hours south".

Leyla Mastova McCullagh – The Charley Project

leyla_mastova_mccullagh_1.jpg

Leyla Mastova McCullagh

Missing Since 08/14/2012
Missing From Leesburg, Virginia
Classification Endangered Missing
Sex Female
Race White
Age 36 years old
Height and Weight 5'10, 120 - 130 pounds
Medical Conditions Leyla may be in need of medical attention for unspecified reasons.
Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Black hair, brown eyes. Leyla has a scar on her left wrist form a cut. She has breast implants; the left implant has the serial number 6528132-007 and the right implant has the serial number 6508342-002. She was born in Russia.

Details of Disappearance
Leyla was last seen by her estranged husband, Matthew Ryan McCullagh, at her home in the 21000 block of Evergreen Mills Road in Leesburg, Virginia on August 14, 2012. She has never been heard from again. She worked as a belly dancer at the time of her disappearance, and had a four-year-old child.

On the day of her disappearance, her cellular phone pinged off a tower several hours south of her home. Her phone, debit and credit cards haven't had any activity since August 14. She was reported missing on August 30.

In April 2012, four months before her disappearance, Leyla was charged with domestic assault against Matthew after they had a fight about alleged infidelity. She pleaded guilty and was placed on probation and ordered to attend counseling, but she disappeared afterwards and failed to follow up with the courts system.

Police searched Matthew's apartment in Herndon, Virginia after she vanished and seized several firearms and a substantial amount of ammunition.

In May 2013, Matthew was arrested and charged with unlawful possession of a machine gun; during the search of his apartment, he hid the .45 caliber Thompson submachine gun in his girlfriend's car and told her he had to do so because it wasn't registered. He later asked a friend to hold onto the gun for him, but the friend gave it to someone who turned it into the sheriff's office.

Foul play is suspected in Leyla's disappearance; she had been seen with bruises on her arms before she went missing and she told people Matthew had assaulted her and had threatened to have her deported to her native Russia. Her case remains unsolved.

As much as it hurts to say... I wonder if they ever tried to search the landfill. It's *right there* on Evergreen Mills Rd (maybe a quarter of a mile from where Leyla lived) and is accessible to the public. I've been there before and all they do is weigh your car when you go in, weigh your car when you go out, and then they charge you based on how much "weight" you leave. I'm sure you could take anything there, but I know it is definitely for large items that they won't pick up curbside... Bobcats/bulldozers are running all the time just constantly covering all the trash, furniture, etc with dirt.

Obviously Leyla is classified as a missing person, but after 8 years... Ugh. Heartbreaking.

I think this is her Facebook: Leyla Mccullagh
It's got great privacy settings.
Any idea when it was last updated? You're right about the privacy settings... The four pages she has liked were all created in 2011 or earlier. The rest of it just looks like it hasn't been accessed since 2012. I say this because so many of the categories (like name pronunciation, favorite quotes, etc) weren't a thing on Facebook until later on. Interesting.

Any idea when it was last updated? You're right about the privacy settings... The four pages she has liked were all created in 2011 or earlier. The rest of it just looks like it hasn't been accessed since 2012. I say this because so many of the categories (like name pronunciation, favorite quotes, etc) weren't a thing on Facebook until later on. Interesting.

No, you got farther than I did. I'm used to being able to go off of profile picture updates, if nothing else, but she has her account secured tighter than Fort Knox.

New to the group! Leyla is one of the reasons why I signed up on here. So I knew Leyla for some time, we use to work together but the news article has it not quite right, yes she did belly dance but we worked at gentleman’s night club. I knew Leyla as her Dancer name Regina, we first meet many years ago at Pure Gold in Southern Pines NC she was from Rafford/ Fayetteville area in NC so I believe her husband may have been in the military not sure, a army base is in Fayetteville. When we worked together there she was very quiet and didn’t speak much, her English was not that good yet, she was from Russia and I believe at that time she may have only been dating her husband at the time.

A few years later when i started working at Paper Moon in Springfield VA we ran into each other at the club and we remembered each other. By that time she was married and had a child with her husband and we could have more in-depth conversation because her English was much better. Leyla was always the sweetest person with a very calm mouse like demeanor, but was also an amazing performer on stage, she would always wear the most beautiful all white burlesque costumes and had her hair in loose curls with bright red lipstick. She truly was/is one of those people that leaves a lasting impression.

Shortly before her disappearance she would come into work with bruise all over her, and crying on the phone with someone. She was always in fear of getting deported from threats from her husband, I know the police report says she threw a TV and kicked a door in but my gut feeling tells me it was a lie her husband told to have her arrested to get custody of their son and as far as a medical condition they speak of, I believe she suffered from anxiety and severe ptsd from all the abuse she suffered from him.

So my theory is either her husband did it or a customer that may have been a stalker do it.

If I can remember anything else I will post again but I have always wonder what happened because Lalya was such a great girl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back