Israel Keyes: General Discussion

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
:seeya:When posting about a particular case, PLEASE :please: type the victim's name in the title of your post. This is especially important when posting in the geographic threads.

:tyou:

This thread is to post general comments and observations. Use the geographical threads to discuss cases possibly related to IK. Other threads are designated for specific topics, and more can be added where needed. Feel free to make suggestions. Also, please be conscientious about posting in the appropriate thread.

Thanks.

Link to the original discussion thread

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192312"]AK, NY Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims??? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Well break ins were his thing- he was always scouting houses and quite comfortable, (remember the fur coats in the house he burned down?) so I am guessing between that and whatever he could get off his victims. He might have made a habit of getting PIN #s too- since we know so little about the time of death etc of any of them, he might have made it a habit to take a bit of money each time. He seemed way too comfortable doing that in Alaska for me to believe it was his first.

Truthy, possibly, but IK was too careful to hide the body's to prevent their discovery. This was to leave investigators scratching their heads as too whether the victims had went missing on their own volition, or had met with foul play. ATMs have cameras and would alert authorities that the victims had met with foul play.
IK, had been burglarizing homes since he was a young child...
Seems, I remember IK pilfering gold/silver coins from the Curriers. I am sure he took valuables from his many other burglaries, as this would be the primary motive for burglarizing a home..

Truthy, possibly, but IK was too careful to hide the body's to prevent their discovery. This was to leave investigators scratching their heads as too whether the victims had went missing on their own volition, or had met with fowl play. ATMs have cameras and would alert authorities that the victims had met with foul play.
IK, had been burglarizing homes since he was a young child...
Seems, I remember IK pilfering gold/silver coins from the Curriers. I am sure he took valuables from his many other burglaries, as this would be the primary motive for burglarizing a home..

It would be interesting to see if any pawnshop owners or resale jewellery merchants, recognize IK or any of his stolen loot?
Wondering also if IK had a girlfriend, wife or mistress or two, tucked away in different parts of the country sporting any of his "blood diamonds"?

Is there any indication that IK sexually assaulted males but would not reveal? If so, maybe a few young men might be in possession of some " gifts'?

It would be interesting to see if any pawnshop owners or resale jewellery merchants, recognize IK or any of his stolen loot?
Wondering also if IK had a girlfriend, wife or mistress or two, tucked away in different parts of the country sporting any of his "blood diamonds"?

Is there any indication that IK sexually assaulted males but would not reveal? If so, maybe a few young men might be in possession of some " gifts'?

Imo, it is doubtful that IK would use a pawnshop due to the ID requirements & LE monitoring. Pawnshop's pawn tickets are monitored by local PD monthly.
Imo, IK would have only stolen small valuable objects; cash, firearms, jewelry/diamonds, gold & silver bullion/coins. Imo, he would have buried it in his caches with the cash from his bank robberies.
Gold/diamonds/jewelry, is often traded for drugs. This may explain IK's Mexico trips..

Imo, IK would not have taken the info of the location of these caches to the grave. Imo, someone knows the cache locations.. Sure hope his home was searched with a fine toothed comb.. The shed or imediate area where IK held SK would be a likely place to hide maps, etc.

An old treasure hunting friend of mine told me that folks who don't trust banks, etc., will many times hide/bury their money in a location that they can see from their bedroom window..

KA was IKs girlfriend right? I'm assuming that the FBI has extensively interviewed her about IK to corroborate info relating to the IK timeline. Hard/weird position to be in, the significant other of a serial killer "who has no idea" but is one of the closest people to the killer.

Yes you are correct on the name, and Yes I feel she was put in a very difficult place and I don't begin to know who she felt the 1st time they took the swat team to their Anchorage Home....I'm sure they questioned her but don't know how extensive it would have been
I have some friends in Anchorage, said she did a radio show there and claimed she didn't know him too well, she only met him there???????????
That is not anywhere near the truth....they knew each other for several years, she was living in Vegas but that is where he traveled with her to mexico because she had some type of surgery there and then in 2007 they moved to Alaska

As you all know by now, I'm stubborn as can be when I form an opinion that I feel is truth....I just feel there is a whole new story right in that area with nothing more being said.......but personally I found it odd at how calm and right on target he felt to take Samantha to his shed, and after killing her, just keep her there for 2 weeks.....kinda tells me that he was assured enough and had enough confidence that maybe he had done things like this before also
What if the neighbors did like he did when he was a child...Broke into his garage???......he would have been caught right there, he was just too confident with Samantha's case for my comfort

And we now can add his 3 methods were Strangulation, Guns and in the Nov. 29 questioning he admitted that a knife probably would have some blood traces if they found it and took it apart....so the creep used stabbing also....He was just flat out a demon possessed messed up "thing"

Quote: digndoodle
And we now can add his 3 methods were Strangulation, Guns and in the Nov. 29 questioning he admitted that a knife probably would have some blood traces if they found it and took it apart....so the creep used stabbing also....He was just flat out a demon possessed messed up "thing"

digndoodle, IK likely used the knife for dismembering the victim/s imo. The victim's blood/DNA would be found if the knife were disassembled..imo

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...er-are-in-washington-fbi-interviews-indicate/

Israel Keyes Update: Remains of at least 5 victims of Alaska serial killer are in Washington, FBI interviews indicate

He said, "Yeah," when asked if the knife was associated with one of the Washington killings.

FBI Special Agent Jolene Goeden probed deeper, asking if a body were found at the bottom of a lake, would it still be intact.

"Were they contained in something or were they just tied to the milk jugs?" she asked.

"No," he responded.

She pressed, "I mean, is it something where we, we might possible actually still get an intact ..."

"No," Keyes repeated, cutting her off.

He later indicated the folding blade wasn't the primary means of death.

Asked if the victims were shot or strangled, Keyes replied after chuckling, "You'll get the whole story eventually."

He then relented and said the only victim shot was Bill Currier in Vermont. All others were strangled except one Washington victim, who was hit in the head and killed as Keyes tried to subdue him.

Don't forget to check out these threads...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220907"]Timelines *NO DISCUSSION* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220886"]Media Thread **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

IIRC, there have been several serial killers with wives/long term relationships who had no idea what they were up to......

It really doesn't surprise me at all. SK's are master manipulators/liars who spend their entire lives covering up who they really are. But that central female relationship they have they desperately want to keep and have to go outside that relationship to satisfy their base urges...IMVHO.

After reading the bolded statement by IK below; "You'll get the whole story eventually"..
Now, how does he know this? IK states this as a fact. We discussed in the last thread about IK, evading the Son of Sam Laws, by committing suicide. IK, was never convicted of any of his many bank robberies or murders. I am beginning to get a little concerned that IK, may be continuing his head games, with the Justice system, from the grave..

<sniped & BBM>

Asked if the victims were shot or strangled, Keyes replied after chuckling, "You'll get the whole story eventually."

He then relented and said the only victim shot was Bill Currier in Vermont. All others were strangled except one Washington victim, who was hit in the head and killed as Keyes tried to subdue him.

After reading the statement bolded statement by IK below; "You'll get the whole story eventually"..
Now, how does he know this? IK states this as a fact. We discussed in the last thread about IK, evading the Son of Sam Laws, by committing suicide. IK, was never convicted of any of his many bank robberies or murders. I am beginning to get a little concerned that IK, may be continuing his head games, with the Justice system, from the grave..

<sniped & BBM>
Foxfire, you may be right, but I take nothing that he said in any of the interviews to be 100% truth and I will never believe Mr. Currier was his only victim shot....early on in the investigation, he told about his grandfather buying him a gun at age 14 and he was just too UP and Proud of that silencer he built himself, I think he had a fascination with firearms period and I believe he used any method he could when he got a victim that might fight back or put up a fight and in his Blog he bragged about some type of practice shooting mechanism he had come up with...moo Keyes hated the federal government and I feel when the FBI stepped in he knew he would either die by their hands or he would sit in a federal prison somewhere for the rest of his life and I think when he thought about all this he took the cowards way out because he knew no crimes would be linked to him....I think he was one of the most horrific killers to have been picked to be his victim..I can't imagine what any of them surely felt, but to me when the Feds got him backed in a corner, he began to slump down in that chair on the 29th...and I feel those photo's had a lot of crimes, bank robberies and etc. that he knew they already had a lot to tie him too....( I go back when the lady investigator walked in, he looked at the stack of papers so odd, and said something like THATS A LOT) and then made a remark about she might run his lawyer off .... I know they are searching for more leads and etc....but in my mind I think they had enough that particular day to sink his ship therefore he got angry and refused that candy bar 3 times and refused to give them any new info. that day....I will always wonder what that photo was he asked to see for the 2nd time...shortly before the meeting ended

Foxfire, you may be right, but I take nothing that he said in any of the interviews to be 100% truth and I will never believe Mr. Currier was his only victim shot....early on in the investigation, he told about his grandfather buying him a gun at age 14 and he was just too UP and Proud of that silencer he built himself, I think he had a fascination with firearms period and I believe he used any method he could when he got a victim that might fight back or put up a fight and in his Blog he bragged about some type of practice shooting mechanism he had come up with...moo Keyes hated the federal government and I feel when the FBI stepped in he knew he would either die by their hands or he would sit in a federal prison somewhere for the rest of his life and I think when he thought about all this he took the cowards way out because he knew no crimes would be linked to him....I think he was one of the most horrific killers to have been picked to be his victim..I can't imagine what any of them surely felt, but to me when the Feds got him backed in a corner, he began to slump down in that chair on the 29th...and I feel those photo's had a lot of crimes, bank robberies and etc. that he knew they already had a lot to tie him too....( I go back when the lady investigator walked in, he looked at the stack of papers so odd, and said something like THATS A LOT) and then made a remark about she might run his lawyer off .... I know they are searching for more leads and etc....but in my mind I think they had enough that particular day to sink his ship therefore he got angry and refused that candy bar 3 times and refused to give them any new info. that day....I will always wonder what that photo was he asked to see for the 2nd time...shortly before the meeting ended

digndoodle, psychopaths are very calculating, creative, deflective, and manipulative. There are good psychopaths/sociopaths and evil ones, imo. From my experience, they have a reason for everything they say and everything they do. Imo, their thought process is very rapid and they are very deep & quick thinkers. This ability and their lack of emotions/conscience is why they can easily fool polygraphs...imo. They often times speak in riddles.. Although very dishonest, they will sometimes state the truth in anger.. Just my observations...

Quote by 61 year old serial killer Gary Hilton, when a Balif at the DCSO jail asked him. "If you are so damn intelligent, why did you get caught" GMH replied, "They haven't caught me since I was 14 years old". GMH shot his stepfather in Hialeah, FL at the age of 14...

So charley projects is good for finding potential victims, but we cant find out of they have been killed. I wondered if we should check the doe network for this timeline, sometimes if the bodies have been found we can tell what they died from.

I dont know I just wanna help, but have no idea where to start.

So charley projects is good for finding potential victims, but we cant find out of they have been killed. I wondered if we should check the doe network for this timeline, sometimes if the bodies have been found we can tell what they died from.

This link includes short video with a bit of everything about the case. Some of the print info concerns possible victims such as a pale faced girl with a wealthy grandmother, also..
bbm.

'He described several remote locations that he frequented to look for victims - parks, campgrounds, trail heads, cemeteries, boating areas, etc.,'' the FBI statement says.

"Keyes also admitted to frequenting prostitutes during his travels and it is unknown at this time if he met any of his victims in this manner.''

Keyes claimed the slayings occurred in fewer than 10 states, though "it is not unlikely'' that he flew to one state, drove to another and disposed of the victims' bodies somewhere else, Gonzalez said.

Other crimes Keyes committed might not have even happened in the US, the FBI said. He is thought to have traveled internationally and, while living in upstate New York for a time, might have entered Canada.

"He reported several trips to Montreal in which he sought out prostitutes,'' the FBI said.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/world-news/f...as/story-fndir2ev-1226696742565#ixzz2dqH1tvLP

:seeya:When posting about a particular case, PLEASE :please: type the victim's name in the title of your post. This is especially important when posting in the geographic threads.

:tyou:

You must have found the place to start because you sure are doing a wonderful job! :thumb:

FYI- Rescheduled from last week IK special
You're watching...
Sneak Peek: 'Confessions of a Serial Killer'

Special: Greta Van Susteren - FOX News On the Record - Serial Killer Confessions/Israel Keyes - Tonight 09/06/2013 at 10 PM est.

(If You Click on FOX NEWS at the top of the video it will play)

[ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/2652236453001/sneak-peek-confessions-of-a-serial-killer/?playlist_id=86925[/ame]

IIRC, there have been several serial killers with wives/long term relationships who had no idea what they were up to......

It really doesn't surprise me at all. SK's are master manipulators/liars who spend their entire lives covering up who they really are. But that central female relationship they have they desperately want to keep and have to go outside that relationship to satisfy their base urges...IMVHO.

BTK, comes to mind, FAST!

http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-x...erial-killer-Israel-Keyes-case-222752731.html

More details emerge in serial killer Israel Keyes' case

ANCHORAGE - New details on the death of serial killer Israel Keyes: Today CBS 11 News received the results of a Freedom of Information Act inquiry on Keyes’ suicide. We were not allowed access to the full report, but we did learn that certain mistakes by corrections officers gave the serial killer the chance to take his own life.

A razor and a bed sheet. That's what the Department of Corrections says Israel Keyes used to end his life the morning of December 2, 2012. DOC has admitted in the past an officer gave Keyes the razor mistakenly; it was just today CBS 11 News learned he was only supposed to be given electric razors. Documents show officers did make overnight security checks. Mistakes were made there too. In an incident report, one of the officers says Keyes was rolled up in his blanket; the officer never saw his skin. That's a violation of DOC policy. We asked if DOC fired any of the officers working the night Keyes died. The department says it cannot comment on personnel matters.

Keyes continued to talk about his crimes with police and federal agents right up until the day he died. His death left many loose ends -- specifically the names of all his victims and the locations of their bodies. The FBI recently released a serious of interviews with Keyes with the hope someone will come forward and provide further clues on the case. If you'd like to watch those interviews, click here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back