The Suicide

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Keyes Suicide Note Released by FBI
No investigative leads found in writings
By Brendan Joel Kelley
Story Created: Feb 6, 2013 at 10:50 AM AKDT - Story Updated: Feb 6, 2013 at 11:44 AM AKDT
ANCHORAGE - Wednesday morning the FBI released deceased serial killer Israel Keyes’ suicide note (click for PDF), which had been held for examination since Keyes’ December 2 suicide at the Anchorage Correctional Complex.
Keyes' Note: An Ode to Death
By Bill McAllister
Story Created: Feb 6, 2013 at 5:17 PM AKDT - Story Updated: Feb 6, 2013 at 7:11 PM AKDT

The blood-soaked note was found with Keyes' body, after he slit his wrists with a razor and strangled himself with the bedding in his cell.

The note, written on a legal pad with both pencil and ink, is actually a poem. In it, Keyes takes aim at Americans and what he sees as American values, and also expresses his atheism: "Family and friends will shed a few tears, pretend it's off to heaven you go. But the reality is you were just bones and meat, and with your brain died also your soul.
"...Consume what you don't need, stars you idolize, pursue what you admit is a dream, then its [sic] american [sic] die.”
Death Wish: Keyes Sought the Ultimate Penalty
Story Created: Apr 9, 2013 at 4:45 PM AKDT - Story Updated: Apr 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM AKDT

“I'm not going to plead not guilty regardless of what they say. I just want them to say what I want them to say. I want them to recommend the death penalty, and they're less likely to do that with all this misinformation that's going on."

But even then, he worried about what would come out at his sentencing hearing. "As far as different things that were done with the bodies and the sexual assault stuff -- that type of stuff -- I just don't, I don't see, you know, if that has to be part of the hearing then, I, we gotta figure out
something different."
Department of Corrections: Israel Keyes Mistakenly Issued Razor Used in Suicide
Keyes had previously been caught with a handmade handcuff key
By KTVA CBS 11 News
Story Created: Feb 13, 2013 at 1:24 PM AKDT - Story Updated: Feb 13, 2013 at 6:10 PM AKDT

While in segregation, the Department of Corrections says a razor was mistakenly issued to Keyes and was not retrieved. The DOC says Keyes used a razor to cut his left wrist.

Attachments

• KeyesStmt.pdf
    58.5 KB · Views: 67
Placing the transcript of the note here so when all the links are gone it will still be available.

Where will you go, you clever little worm, if you bleed your host dry?

Back in your ride, the night is still young, streetlights push back the black I neat rows. Off to the right a graveyard appears, lines of stones, bodies molder below. Turn away quick, bob your head to the seat, as straight through that stop sign you roll loaded truck with lights off slams into you broadside, your flesh smashed as metal explodes.

You may have been free, you loved living your lie, fate had its own scheme crushed like a bug you still die.

Soon, now, you'll join those ranks of dead or your ashes the wind will soon blow. Family and friends will shed a few tears, pretend it's off to heaven you go. But the reality is you were just bones and meat, and with your brain died also your soul.

Send the dying to wait for their death in the comfort of retirement homes, quietly/quickly say "it's for the best" it's best for you so their fate you'll not know. Turn a blind eye back to the screen, soak in your reality shows. Stand in front of your mirror and you preen, in a plastic castle you call home.

Land of the free, land of the lie, land of scheme Americanize! Consume what you don't need, stars you idolize, pursue what you admit is a dream, then it's American die.

Get in your big car, so you can get to work fast, on roads made of dinosaur bones. Punch in on the clock and sit on your *advertiser censored*, playing stupid *advertiser censored* games on your phone. Paper on your wall, says you got smarts. The test that you took told you so, but you would still crawl like the vermin you are, once your precious power grids blown.

Land of the free, land of the lie, land of the scheme, Americanize.

Now that I have you held tight I will tell you a story, speak soft in your ear so you know that it's true. You're my love at first sight and though you're scared to be near me, my words penetrate your thoughts now in an intimate prelude.

I looked in your eyes, they were so dark, warm and trusting, as though you had not a worry or care. The more guiless the game the better potential to fill up those pools with your fear.

Your face framed in dark curls like a portrait, the sun shone through highlights of red. What color I wonder, and how straight will it turn plastered back with the sweat of your blood.

Your wet lips were a promise of a secret unspoken, nervous laugh as it burst like a pulse of blood from your throat. There will be no more laughter here.

I feel your body tense up, my hand now on your shoulder, your eyes…Forget the lady called luck she does not abide near me for her powers don't extend to those who are dead.

[illegible lines]

My pretty captive butterfly colorful wings my hand smears…punishment and tears.

Violent metamorphosis, emerge my dark moth princess…come often and worship on the altar of your flesh…You shudder…and try to shrink far from me. I'll have you tied down and begging to become my [illegible] sweetie.

Okay, talk is over, words are placid and weak. Back it with action or it all comes off cheap. Watch close while I work now, feel the electric shock of my touch, open your trembling flower, or your petals I'll crush.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-body-Alaska-serial-killer.html#ixzz2KE07e7Ao
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I found a good working link for the 4 page note Keyes left. I've saved the pics to tinypic as host but attaching the link to TruTV where I got this from...

Snipped:
The following four-page note was found under his body, bloodstained and illegible. The FBI reportedly concluded that there were no coded messages in the note, nor was it of any value to the investigation, and so have released Keyes’ morbid, self-righteous last musings to the public.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/...s-creepy-bloodstained-suicide-note/index.html

Page 1:
sdk61f.jpg

Page 2:
25aue6w.jpg

Page 3:
2i1kvls.jpg

Page 4:
bestl.jpg

Creeepy. Sounds like he was still fantasizing and writing about killing. I wish the serial killer freaks could be denied writing or drawing.

Creeepy. Sounds like he was still fantasizing and writing about killing. I wish the serial killer freaks could be denied writing or drawing.

Yes, it is creepy, txsvicki, but serial killers are very evil & creepy creatures.
I'm going to have too disagree with you on their writings & drawings. Very important info can be mined from their letters, poems, and artwork, imo.

With that said, due to empathy for the victims and their families, I am totally against them selling their poetry, letters, or artwork to the public as memmorabillia.

- South Louisiana serial killer, Derrick Todd Lee's artwork has somehow slipped from behind his cell at death row. It is now on sale to the public ...
http://wafb.images.worldnow.com/images/16635022_BG2.jpg swans photo
http://wafb.images.worldnow.com/images/16635022_BG3.jpg panda art
http://www.americanownews.com/story...rouge-serial-killer-sells-artwork-from-prison

I see that IK has been back in the news lately:

The untold story behind Israel Keyes' jailhouse suicide

A correctional officer fired for “negligent inattention” by the Department of Corrections because he allegedly read a novel while Israel Keyes committed a “ritualistic” suicide in a cell 25 feet away was a scapegoat for widespread lax practices and shouldn’t have lost his job, a review by an arbitrator found. ...

...Keyes was last seen arranging items in his cell and then getting into bed at 10:12 p.m., the arbitration report said. Around this time Jacobsen left to go on a scheduled meal break, and another guard relieved him.

Sometime after 10:12, Keyes hid under his blankets on his bunk bed, slashed his wrist with a razor he had mistakenly been given by another correctional officer and used a makeshift noose to strangle himself,according to the arbitrator's report. On a surveillance video of the entire unit from the vantage point of a camera far above the guard’s desk, movement can be seen in Keyes’ cell until a jerk at 10:24 p.m.

Then everything goes still....

more at: http://www.adn.com/article/20140715/untold-story-behind-israel-keyes-jailhouse-suicide

[h=1]Arbitrator: Guard should not have been fired
[/h]...On the night Keyes killed himself, Jacobsen, a five-year department veteran, was assigned to the overnight shift. He was the only guard for 15 prisoners and said he was to do a visual inspection of each cell every 30 minutes and a formal count every four hours.

Keyes was last seen getting into his bed at 10:12 p.m., according to the arbitration report. The arbitrator's report says surveillance video of the unit shows movement in Keyes' cell until a jerk at 10:24 p.m., then stillness.

Jacobsen resumed his duties after his meal and made 16 checks until the end of his shift. Jacobsen said he walked close to the darkened cells but never went inside, and he apparently didn't see the blood that had pooled on the floor of Keyes' cell. ...

more at: http://www.newsday.com/news/region-state/arbitrator-sides-with-guard-in-keyes-suicide-case-1.8809373

The [illegible] near the end looks like "stockholm" in the photos posted below.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back