Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
17-year-old Alexis Murphy was last seen at approximately 7:15 pm on Saturday, August 3. Her car was found abandoned a few days later. Alexis is still missing.

alexis-murphy-2.jpg
alexissurv1_296.jpg
alexsurv2_296.png

Randy Allen Taylor has been arrested and charged with the abduction of Alexis. If you've seen him or his truck in the last week, please call the tip line.

BReUHAOCUAAsG1P.jpg:large
23111299_BG3.jpg

Anyone with any information on Alexis Murphy or Randy Taylor is asked to call the the Nelson County Sheriff's Office tip line at 434-263-7050.

Case Map - http://goo.gl/maps/zJRgO

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here:

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed. Unless the minors are the victims, please do not post their name, only their initials.

Thanks.

From Twitter:

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@ParkerABC13
I HAVE CONFIRMED THAT ALEXIS MURPHY'S CELL PHONE WAS NOT FOUND THIS PAST SATURDAY.

Nelson Co., VA - In a press release from the FBI, ABC 13 has learned that authorities have found Alexis Murphy's cell phone.

According to the FBI, investigators have recovered several cell phones during their search for Murphy since she went missing on August 3. They sent the phones to the FBI lab, and were able to determine that one is Alexis Murphy's.

The family told ABC 13's Parker Slaybaugh that the phone was an iPhone.

The FBI is not saying where they found the phone, saying they will not release any more information due to what they call this "on-going and sensitive" investigation.

http://www.wset.com/story/23325352/investigators-find-alexis-murphys-cell-phone

Samantha didnt have a phone with her but I wonder if one of them was his that he called her on previously?

NELSON COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) – A cell phone recovered during the investigation into the disappearance of missing teenager Alexis Murphy has been positively identified as belonging to the 17-year-old girl, the FBI released Tuesday.
“Since this is an on-going sensitive investigation, where evidentiary items and search information is sealed; no further discussion will be entertained,” the FBI said in a statement. “This sole release of information is only being made to advise the public that we no longer need assistance looking for that one item.”
http://wtvr.com/2013/09/03/alexis-murphy-phone-update/

Ok I thought I read (or dreamdt) her cellphone was found where it had pinged last near his house in the wooded area. That's why that dirt road scares me. I don't like that drive (shakes head). The houses even on that drive scare me. If I lived in VA I would take my dog to every single one of those houses (ESP if vacant!) to see what they would get a hit on!

5a7ydagu.jpg

<modsnip> ;)

I woke up this morning hoping there will be some break in this case or at least some new information, then a couple of hours later it's confirmed her cell phone was found. I quickly opened the message board as soon as I got the notification on my cell phone from WDBJ7. Great job keeping up on top of things sleuths !

I'm just thinking the abduction had to happen somewhere between the gas station and RATs place. So that dirt road behind the food lion and liberty gas station provides the perfect secluded back route after abduction to RATs trailer.

I think that's what the "found it", was. imo

I think that's what the "found it", was. imo

I agree. I've always thought since that day that they found it, but I knew they had to go through the standard testings, etc. I'm curious as to who the other cell phones belonged to ? Knowing they found more disturbs me.

I agree. I've always thought since that day that they found it, but I knew they had to go through the standard testings, etc. I'm curious as to who the other cell phones belonged to ? Knowing they found more disturbs me.

Seriously! How many discarded cellphones are just laying around Nelson Co?!... Or near RATs trailer? :scared:

I'm just thinking the abduction had to happen somewhere between the gas station and RATs place. So that dirt road behind the food lion and liberty gas station provides the perfect secluded back route after abduction to RATs trailer.
I'm curious why you think the abduction happened between the two places?
how would he have managed her vehicle?

“In order to protect the integrity of the investigation and ensure that Mr. Randy Allen Taylor gets a fair trial in Nelson County, Virginia, absolutely no further information will be released about this investigation,” the FBI statement continued."

http://wtvr.com/2013/09/03/alexis-murphy-phone-update/

I'm so glad they found the phone..and hopefully his fingerprints on it. What i hate is that they said no further information will be released...I'm afraid it could be awhile before we hear anything else......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246