Did FLEK change her entire appearance?

shadowdancer

Reaction score
I apologise if I am about to repeat stuff that has been discussed a lot, but I only vaguely follow this case and I had a thought whilst I was looking through the possible matches.

Is it possible that FLEK changed her appearance totally, and we are looking for someone who looks very different from the FLEK that we 'know'?

She went to the trouble of going through a very sophisticated identity change, so it doesn't seen beyond the realms of possibility that she would also have had extensive plastic surgery to change the way she looked.

Maybe she wasn't even a natural brunette, or perhaps she naturally had lighter brown hair??

I have said before that I am not even sure that the woman in the first two pictures is the same one in the later pictures. Between 1988 or 1990 when those two pics were taken, we don't know where she was until 1997 when she reappears in another pic, looking a bit different if you ask me (the nose thing and something else I can't put my finger on). If you look in the other threads, people have been trying to find anyone that knew her during that time period.

It would have taken a lot of plastic surgery to change her appearance given that her face seems plain and ordinary. Plastic surgery is usually quite obvious.

Her nose has obviously been altered whether through botched surgery or an accident.

In one of the threads there was discussion about her curly hair beginnings and later her hair looks straightened. Those of us with curly hair know that there sometimes quite a huge difference in the way we look when we straighten our hair or revert back to curly.

Her Texas drivers licence picture looks very different. She has aged quite a bit. Her face is puffy and her eyes are squinty. I wonder if she had plastic surgery at that point. How did her eyes go from bright eyed to squinty.

It would have taken a lot of plastic surgery to change her appearance given that her face seems plain and ordinary. Plastic surgery is usually quite obvious.

Her nose has obviously been altered whether through botched surgery or an accident.

In one of the threads there was discussion about her curly hair beginnings and later her hair looks straightened. Those of us with curly hair know that there sometimes quite a huge difference in the way we look when we straighten our hair or revert back to curly.

Her Texas drivers licence picture looks very different. She has aged quite a bit. Her face is puffy and her eyes are squinty. I wonder if she had plastic surgery at that point. How did her eyes go from bright eyed to squinty.

BBM Menopause can cause a puffy face and eyes. Drinking alcohol can also. IMO, her face/eyes did not look puffy in the Texas Business Women pictures. IIRC, they were taken just months before her death.

I just don't get the nose job thing. Her nose is so unusual and really stands out. I would think that if she were to get rhinoplasty done that she would get her nose to be more nondescript so that she'd blend in more easily. And if it was a botched job you'd think she'd get it "fixed." It's very odd.

She also had breast augmentation IIRC.

I can see "her" in all of the photos she looks to have aged about right , I bet her nose was an accident because you would get htat fixed unless funds werent there, but I would have done the nose before the *advertiser censored*! but then again *advertiser censored* are 2500 or so and i think a nose job is way more maybe

i did this one night when bored just to see... but I also agree that the young pic looks so completely different to me. Like her bone structure changed! It was a short period of time between that pic and the next and the look is totally different. I have thought this for some time.

Attachments

• rere4yzu.jpg
    rere4yzu.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 678
I was wondering if LE investigated "where" she got the nose job. I have been feeling as though she did not live in Texas in the nineties after the name change. I'm wondering if she lived away from Texas for a period of time, got a nose job out of State and then felt "safe" to return after the passage of time and once she got the nose job. The other thing that makes me think this is the length of time she took to get a Texas driver's license. I have wondered before whether she was living out of State and got a license in some other State. UNLESS she had an earlier Texas drivers' license and we just have not been informed of that. :(

I can see "her" in all of the photos she looks to have aged about right , I bet her nose was an accident because you would get htat fixed unless funds werent there, but I would have done the nose before the *advertiser censored*! but then again *advertiser censored* are 2500 or so and i think a nose job is way more maybe

Maybe if a woman had very small breasts indeed she'd get them done rather than fix her nose.

One thing she didn't change is her diastema--the space between her front teeth. She never had dentistry to fix it (not that she needed to, many people find that space gorgeous or interesting and keep it--Madonna, Anna Paquin, Morgan Freeman, Zac Effron, Woody Harrelson, and for you old timers, Lauren Hutton, plus many more!).

IMO, to make a connection with any missing person who might be FLEK, the missing child, teen, or young adult would most certainly have a diastema. Anyone who doesn't can be ruled out quickly, because FLEK has her gap in the early photos and the late.

I had both of these procedures in the very early 2000's: Nose job was 8,500 and my implants were 4200 (they are saline)

Now you can rhinoplasty between 3,500-10 grand
the cost of Breast enlargement depends if:
There's previous work already there: scar tissue or older implants from a different Dr. *the cost is increased if so
Saline or silicone (which is now FDA approved again)
Over muscle or under / where the implants are put in through (nipple, armpit or belly button, or under breast crease).

national US cost is anywhere from 3,500 - 10,000

I just don't get the nose job thing. Her nose is so unusual and really stands out. I would think that if she were to get rhinoplasty done that she would get her nose to be more nondescript so that she'd blend in more easily. And if it was a botched job you'd think she'd get it "fixed." It's very odd.

She also had breast augmentation IIRC.

It's possible that she had a deviated septum reconstruction and not tip construction. There would be 3 distinct marks on the bridge of her nose from where they break bone. (where your glasses sit naturally). those scars do fade unless it's a bad job.

She looks like she had her nose thinned and "picked" at the tip healing, which would cause it to go to the side. Or she took a splint off too soon after surgery. It takes 1 full year for a nose job to heal.

Ooh, interesting. As always, you are full of interesting information. Good to see you back, AK!

And good to see the other kitty (Sherlock) posting on these threads, too!

:loveyou:

It's possible that she had a deviated septum reconstruction and not tip construction. There would be 3 distinct marks on the bridge of her nose from where they break bone. (where your glasses sit naturally). those scars do fade unless it's a bad job.

She looks like she had her nose thinned and "picked" at the tip healing, which would cause it to go to the side. Or she took a splint off too soon after surgery. It takes 1 full year for a nose job to heal.

I totally agree AK.. I separated my cartilage from the bone in my nose in a car accident my senior year in high school. They placed a plastic splint inside my nose ( which stuck out just enough for people to tell me I have something in my nose constantly). I still ended up with the tip of my nose turned slightly to the right. ( it drives me nuts when I see pics of myself)

when was the surgery? is it possible she broke her nose later on in her life? broken noses that heal on their own without any medical intervention tend to 'lean' to one side

when was the surgery? is it possible she broke her nose later on in her life? broken noses that heal on their own without any medical intervention tend to 'lean' to one side

Possible. A nose job is your nose being broken, however typically a broken nose will veer off to one side in the middle not at the tip. Her nose seems to be just the tip, typically that happens in recovery with a nose job. Sometimes a nostril can collapse (too much removed), drug use from snorting makes a big impact causing a deviated septum (aka: cocaine nose job, Lindsay Lohan is prime example), but other than causing one side of a nostril to flare and another to cave in - drugs don't cause such a huge difference outwardly.

When you get your nose done, you have a splint and packing up the nose. If someone were to knock you in the face the first 6 months - your nose will shift completely. If you remove a splint it will cause one side to look different than the other.

I think she has a classic nose job with tip thinning. It's very thin, and the tip is off.

Possible. A nose job is your nose being broken, however typically a broken nose will veer off to one side in the middle not at the tip. Her nose seems to be just the tip, typically that happens in recovery with a nose job. Sometimes a nostril can collapse (too much removed), drug use from snorting makes a big impact causing a deviated septum (aka: cocaine nose job, Lindsay Lohan is prime example), but other than causing one side of a nostril to flare and another to cave in - drugs don't cause such a huge difference outwardly.

When you get your nose done, you have a splint and packing up the nose. If someone were to knock you in the face the first 6 months - your nose will shift completely. If you remove a splint it will cause one side to look different than the other.

I think she has a classic nose job with tip thinning. It's very thin, and the tip is off.

BBM: ITA, AK. I think she probably did have a little job done, esp. if she's had a boob job, that it would make sense that she would have other "work," too.

I apologise if I am about to repeat stuff that has been discussed a lot, but I only vaguely follow this case and I had a thought whilst I was looking through the possible matches.

Is it possible that FLEK changed her appearance totally, and we are looking for someone who looks very different from the FLEK that we 'know'?

She went to the trouble of going through a very sophisticated identity change, so it doesn't seen beyond the realms of possibility that she would also have had extensive plastic surgery to change the way she looked.

Maybe she wasn't even a natural brunette, or perhaps she naturally had lighter brown hair??

Good thoughts here. I know there's a relaxant product that you can use to unwind coiled curly hair. I imagine she had maybe light brown or dirty blond hair naturally- although my hair was naturally dirty blond as a teenager and now in my late 20's its more of a maple brown. Also I was thinking was Bot-ox available back then? Maybe she had some treatments to make herself look young enough to fill the age of BST? Maybe that would be the explanation for the obgyn being so concerned about her conceiving. JMO (I'm not a professional and don't mean to come off like one) :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back