Werner Herzog documentary on Darlie - On Death Row

emma l

Reaction score
Werner Herzog has made a new doc on Darlie. Its part of his Death Row series. I‘ve seen the others in the series and they’re amazing so it should be interesting.

The trailers here- it was filmed last year and theres a clip of a new interview with Darlie in the trailer. http://www.zdf-enterprises.de/en/in...th-row-2nd-season-darlie-routier#.UhU7YdL2aNa

The full docs on in the US next week on the ID channel. I’m in the UK so not sure when it’ll be on here. I’m hoping it’ll be online somewhere.

If any of you U S guys get to see it, please post a review!

I am also very interested. I live in Europe, too, so I will not be able to watch it on 10th, but I would sure love to hear comments from those who will be watching it. I watched some of the episodes from previous season mostly because of Werner Herzog and I really liked the way he has done them.

So I have hopes that one with Darlie could be interesting as well, and perhaps she will tell Herzog something she hasn't told before in her interviews. (Not that she will confess, obviously...)

I don't recall in any reading about this case that Darlie was a cheerleader. And Darin certainly was not a wealthy man when they married. I think Herzog is going to be off-base with the documentary info.

I don't recall in any reading about this case that Darlie was a cheerleader. And Darin certainly was not a wealthy man when they married. I think Herzog is going to be off-base with the documentary info.

Yes I thought that but then I realised that's just that websites blurb, not his! He spent months with the Routiers & he's famous for his attention to detail so it should be accurate.

Although will reserve judgement till I've seen it obviously!

Watched the documentary in its entirety. Nothing new. Very little of Darlie. What there was of her talking was self-serving and in conflict with the evidence. Darlie's mother was well-spoken but equally presenting "facts" that weren't facts. The fingerprint, mostly. This is just my opinion. Not even very interesting except the pictures that show the passage of time for Darlie while on death row.

Watched the documentary in its entirety. Nothing new. Very little of Darlie. What there was of her talking was self-serving and in conflict with the evidence. Darlie's mother was well-spoken but equally presenting "facts" that weren't facts. The fingerprint, mostly. This is just my opinion. Not even very interesting except the pictures that show the passage of time for Darlie while on death row.

Thanks for letting us know! Seems like Darlie has put herself in a box in terms of what she's saying to the outside world and wouldn't go anywhere outside it. I still would love to see this, especially because there is some insight on her life as it is now - on death row.

I have always wondered if her mother knows that she's guilty and just fights for her because she's her daughter, or if she truly believes that Darlie is innocent?

Watched most of this, as I recorded it. Most of it seems to be The two Darlie's spouting so called evidence of an intruder such as the bloody sock and the fingerprint. Even her lawyer doing the same. Much was made of Darlie's injuries. The parts about the little boy's murders broke my heart, it was so brutal. That one of the little boys was crawling or trying to when police arrived and that Darlie was not trying to comfort him or stop some of the bleeding. The police officer said he looked scared. Herzog thinks the death penalty is barbarian. Despite fifteen years on death row Darlie looked well physically. I think, JMO, that Darlie Kee thinks her daughter is truly innocent.

Ha- thanks guys. Disappointing that there was nothing new. But saying that, I don't know what I was possibly expecting. If there was anything ground breaking we would've heard about it by now. I'd still like to see it but you guys have definitely lowered my expectations...

The "nothing new" aspect was only relevant to me because I would have been interested in the activities that Darlie chooses for her days. Does she read? what? Does she correspond? In what context? Mine was more of a curious nature rather than expecting anything new about the case. I also would have liked some comment on the progress of the case in terms of how long they have to produce new test results and when, if ever, a CTJ date will be set. Just low-class curiosity on my part.

what was the name of this documentary im trying to find it on my DVR search?

I got it ::ON DEATH ROW its on HD 9/14 at 8 a.m.

I just saw the last portion of the show on the ID Channel on Darlie ...

I hope I am on the right thread as I have not posted on this case before ...

OMG ... they showed Darlie spraying the "silly string" at the little boy's grave !

Now I had heard about this before, but had never seen the actual video ...

Un-freakin-believable and disrespectful, IMO ... DR laughing when she spraying the stilly string ... and DR did NOT look like she was "grieving" for those boys :banghead:

JMO but from what I saw in today's program and what little I know about the case, no doubt IMO she is guilty !

:moo:

I just saw the last portion of the show on the ID Channel on Darlie ...

I hope I am on the right thread as I have not posted on this case before ...

OMG ... they showed Darlie spraying the "silly string" at the little boy's grave !

Now I had heard about this before, but had never seen the actual video ...

Un-freakin-believable and disrespectful, IMO ... DR laughing when she spraying the stilly string ... and DR did NOT look like she was "grieving" for those boys :banghead:

JMO but from what I saw in today's program and what little I know about the case, no doubt IMO she is guilty !

:moo:

According to some other documentary it was the cousin who thought of and brought the silly string, if I were the defense attorney I would point out the others are laughing so maybe we should arrest them. I think it is weird but look at it, they are all acting silly I think it is just diversionary thinking , a way to forget the horror temporary.

Also I recall a Long time ago some cop said they timed the back security light and it took 15 minutes for it to go off, so if Darlie was the one who dropped of the sock she didnt go out back since they said the light was off when the first cop should up.

I guess the facts could be argued either way I remember she said she turned on a light in the kitchen, just now on this Werner Herzog documentary he asks was the lights on and she said yes,, she may have meant only the TV but she didnt say anything about the kitchen light, but when retelling a story im sure it is normal to leave out things and then remember them later. I think they used that against her at one point. Still who would come into a house and stab brutally 2 small kids and leave the mother alive to witness against them. There was talk about Darrin trying to set up an insurance scam, maybe the bad guys turned on him if he chickened out? who knows, and maybe Werner is right about the death penalty it may be too cruel for our times.

Silly String is pretty disturbing, but it is nothing compared to what the police officer (was his last name Wadell?) testified that Darlie wouldn't go near Damon when he was laying down and dying (and seeing his mother, most probably), not comforting him, not bringing towels to stop the bleeding - even after being asked by the officer to do so several times, nothing. She just stood at the same spot and didn't move, just talked on the phone. WTF?

(I am aware she has denied not helping her son, but why would officer lie?)

According to some other documentary it was the cousin who thought of and brought the silly string, if I were the defense attorney I would point out the others are laughing so maybe we should arrest them. I think it is weird but look at it, they are all acting silly I think it is just diversionary thinking , a way to forget the horror temporary.

I think in this documentary they said her sister brought the silly string. I watched the entire documentary and felt like most others, nothing new and shed no light onto how she's "living" on death row.

well I have watched a few more youtube videos and now they are saying it was Darlie's sister who thought of the silly string. It doesnt matter that is not evidence, the evidence would be things like the lack of bloody footprints from an intruder and I have to say the totality of the evidence does say it was an inside job. What I would like to know is how to they know Darrin didnt do it ? I guess they used her nightgown cast off blood to prove that. Also I thought I had heard there were blood stains that had been wiped up and luminol recovered the areas?

I think in this documentary they said her sister brought the silly string. I watched the entire documentary and felt like most others, nothing new and shed no light onto how she's "living" on death row.

I just heard that too but along time ago i either read or saw them say the cousin, maybe she was the one who brought it.

Silly String is pretty disturbing, but it is nothing compared to what the police officer (was his last name Wadell?) testified that Darlie wouldn't go near Damon when he was laying down and dying (and seeing his mother, most probably), not comforting him, not bringing towels to stop the bleeding - even after being asked by the officer to do so several times, nothing. She just stood at the same spot and didn't move, just talked on the phone. WTF?

(I am aware she has denied not helping her son, but why would officer lie?)

Its called the " good ole boy system" they do support each other and the state's theories, they have been known to lie a tad bit look at the Arizona woman the only reason she was let off death row and out in public pending a new trial is the cop who convicted her solely on his word was proven a big fat liar lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back