Robert Mayer

White Male
6' to 6'1"
200 lbs.
Hair - Brown
Eyes - Green
Currently unshaven

Nickname - Rob

Left hand, middle finger was slightly chopped off tip – has nail, but middle finger is shorter -
Clothing - Probably wearing blue or gray collared polo with J.C.Electrical logo,
jeans, Black work boots, possible baseball cap, ray ban sunglasses

No ID, no Wallet

Robert Mayer went to work June 14, 2013. He was seen at work with his car. He was last seen at a scrap metal yard around 2:15. His car – a 2004 red Pontiac GTO- was located the next day, Saturday, June 15 at 8:30 p.m. at the Deer Park Train Station, a few miles from the house. Roberts family states that he never takes the train as he drives to and from work. His car was found abandoned at Deer Park train station His family says that Robert has never stayed away from home.Robert does not have identification on him, as his wallet was found at home. He has not been seen or heard from. His case remains unsolved.

If any information Please contact

Suffolk County Police Department
631-697-6186

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat

Again, no sleuthing of family members! Please continue here...

BBM - yes billboards would be a way to go, and not just one, but the more the better! Those new digital screen ones could be less expensive and perhaps billboard company's might do it as public service announcement...

I love it when my cawfee kicks in----Local 3 has a contractor that maintains those boards I think?????????

where is that Mockingbird??? Is that the place in AZ-the sweat lodge????

I have put in two requests to the Long Island SAR Team with no response. This is the first time in many years I have not received a response from others in the SAR community.

I am scratching my head and wondering if I should make a phone call or not.

I have put in two requests to the Long Island SAR Team with no response. This is the first time in many years I have not received a response from others in the SAR community.

Thanks again Tracker, I was thinking about you and the long wait on any response. I would think its a professional courtesy of sorts for them to contact you back, even if there was nothing to report? Unless perhaps your email never made it and perhaps ended up in their spam folder by accident?

I personally would love for you to make a call. I always perceive that you get more done over the phone, and you can get a better feel of their tone.

Thanks again for all your hard work, and the expertise you bring to this forum.

Why is there nothing about this man on any of the LE FB pages?

Everything is catching up. The missing report does not add up correctly. Search and Rescue probably knows something. This whole thing went way too public and ran like a wildfire. Stay tuned. I think something is going to give real soon. I hope he is alive and he is the one to come forward.

I think its time that someone contact
Geraldo Rivera and ask him to get to the bottom of this
just like he did by opening Al Capone's vault.

Or more seriously - when he investigated
Willowbrook.

I think its time that someone contact
Geraldo Rivera and ask him to get to the bottom of this
just like he did by opening Al Capone's vault.

Or more seriously - when he investigated
Willowbrook.

BBM - :floorlaugh:

You are correct, though, case needs his kind of media attention.

Everything is catching up. The missing report does not add up correctly. Search and Rescue probably knows something. This whole thing went way too public and ran like a wildfire. Stay tuned. I think something is going to give real soon. I hope he is alive and he is the one to come forward.

I disagree. RM's case is not common knowledge on Long Island. The most widely read newspaper, Newsday, hasn't covered it at all. People are not talking about it over water coolers at work.

Several of my friends in RL know I follow missing persons cases and not one of them has mentioned it to me. I have discussed this case in depth to exactly 2 people and only because I brought it up. They knew none of the details we at WS know.

However, there is very good evidence that the family wants to keep it this way. As of a week or so ago there has been absolutely zero information and/or attempts to give this case recognition.

Question: It was reported that when the car was found the very next day, dogs found no scent. Is it usual to bring a dog in under such circumstances?
The car was located at station, why bring a dog?

Is it possible that newspapers are not best suited to MP cases??? Am thinking that b/c time is of the essence that print media doesnt function as well---whereas TV, radio, social media (when its "behaving" itself) can accomodate minute by minute changes of information. Could be why print is not covering the story.

Just a thought to keep on convo flowing---------

I agree with Curious Cathy----have had the feeling that something is going to pop. And I truly hopes its RM standing up and shouting "Hello!"

I disagree. RM's case is not common knowledge on Long Island. The most widely read newspaper, Newsday, hasn't covered it at all. People are not talking about it over water coolers at work.

Several of my friends in RL know I follow missing persons cases and not one of them has mentioned it to me. I have discussed this case in depth to exactly 2 people and only because I brought it up. They knew none of the details we at WS know.

However, there is very good evidence that the family wants to keep it this way. As of a week or so ago there has been absolutely zero information and/or attempts to give this case recognition.

I also bring the case up to people and noone seems to know about it until I tell them. I hear you.

Does anyone on this forum have a contact in the media so we can help this guy out if he is still alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆