2nd Anniversary of Baby Lisa's disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming, second :( anniversary of Lisa's disappearance. Discuss what is being done to keep Baby Lisa in the news and promote awareness of disappearance.

Please stay on topic and treat each other respectfully.

Thanks,

Salem

Poor baby girl. You are not forgotten! Not one day..

Know that we are all looking for you still!

Anyone know if there are any rallies for her today?

Hard to believe its been 2 years. I have often wondered about how her and what the family has been doing the past 2 yrs.

can't believe its almost been 2 years,lisa was the reason i joined WS.

You know after I posted I did realize it was not today.. ;)

But still anything in the area going on for her or planned for her? That is just about 2 weeks?

I was thinking the same thing, just thought I was still foggy. :)

This beautiful little girl should be remembered on her day by the whole community, as well as those who loved her.

The amount of anniversary coverage is largely going to depend on the parents.

I can't remember when I last saw anything on the news about Lisa. I have seen several reporters from Kansas City say they would be happy to do a story any time the family approached them, but nothing still on our local news, or international.

I can't remember when I last saw anything on the news about Lisa. I have seen several reporters from Kansas City say they would be happy to do a story any time the family approached them, but nothing still on our local news, or international.

Why does the family have to approach them to do a story? Why can't they just keep her in the news on their own? That confuses me...

Why does the family have to approach them to do a story? Why can't they just keep her in the news on their own? That confuses me...

Because there are thousands of missing persons and unsolved murder cases...We don't live in a perfect world...As the years go by, it's up to the families to keep them in the spotlight.

Because there are thousands of missing persons and unsolved murder cases...We don't live in a perfect world...As the years go by, it's up to the families to keep them in the spotlight.

But how many in KCMO are having an anniversary date in early Oct? Seems local tv / radio / blogs could do this with or without the family, their lawyers or even KCMOPD. I'm sure if the latter was approached they would give some kind of update on what has transpired in the last year or two. JMHO!

I don't know, Not to side track too much but there have been plenty of stories on others without parents. I just don't see the need. You know the day, You know the circumstances, Call the police get an update, write an article.

I don't know, Not to side track too much but there have been plenty of stories on others without parents. I just don't see the need. You know the day, You know the circumstances, Call the police get an update, write an article.

That's not really true, though. When it comes to children who have been missing for years, it's the parents who actually put effort into publicizing the case who get the coverage. The children whose parents don't care are the ones who fade away.

imo saying the media should do their own story for Lisa or have them make a plea for a missing child's return is the same as relying on someone else to change their child's diapers, wash their clothes, or even raise the child. How many family members of a missing person whether it be a child or adult would be ecstatic that someone would be willing to give them face time on television that could reach thousands if not millions of people that could ultimately lead to the child's recovery? imo it's a blow to other families that would love to receive any kind of media to reach thousands and possibly millions vs an internet radio show that might reach a hundred or so people.

imo saying the media should do their own story for Lisa or have them make a plea for a missing child's return is the same as relying on someone else to change their child's diapers, wash their clothes, or even raise the child. How many family members of a missing person whether it be a child or adult would be ecstatic that someone would be willing to give them face time on television that could reach thousands if not millions of people that could ultimately lead to the child's recovery? imo it's a blow to other families that would love to receive any kind of media to reach thousands and possibly millions vs an internet radio show that might reach a hundred or so people.

Yeah, Not the same thing at all. But I see your point.

It is hard to come out and speak about your dd when people call you names and think you did it. I think that would make anyone steer clear of publicity. We will see, Maybe they will come out near the anniversary..

Seems we are playing the "blame the parents game" a little prematurely since we do NOT know if they have made plans to contact media or plan an event that will be media worthy or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123