Le Loyon of the woods of Maules: Swiss mystery figure's decade haunting the forest

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Who is Le Loyon? Police hunt 'terrifying' figure who has stalked Swiss woodland wearing gas mask, boiler suit and cloak for TEN YEARS
• 'Le Loyon' has been haunting the woods of Maules for a decade
• First photograph of sinister figure taken last month by a passer-by
• Was once seen clutching a bouquet of flowers despite menacing air
• Local officials are hoping to speak to him or her after children flee in terror
A mysterious person has been photographed for the first time after apparently wandering around a patch of woodland for the past 10 years.

The figure, who is known as 'Le Loyon' and has been called Switzerland's answer to the Loch Ness Monster, wears a military uniform and a thick cloak, with a gas mask covering his or her face.

While he does not seem to be obviously aggressive or dangerous, police are hoping to speak to Le Loyon in an effort to encourage him to be less threatening.

Tales of Le Loyon have been reported in the woods of Maules in western Switzerland for the past decade, apparently walking the same route every day.
---
'He had a military cape, boots and an army gas mark - an antique type, I think. He measured more than 1.90m. He stared at me then turned his back on me and left in silence,' said the unnamed amateur photographer who tracked him down.
---
more at Daily Mail link above, and at link below

Switzerland's most mysterious man. (kernelmag.com)
---
Multiple theories exist as to the identity of the mysterious woodland figure. The most popular legend is that behind the gas mask lies a mentally-unstable woman, searching for companionship in the forest. Other tales tell of a man suffering from a debilitating skin condition, who fled to the forest in search of solace, covering himself head to toe in a boiler suit and gas mask.

A more recent theory is that Le Loyon is a survivalist, preparing for the end of the world in his army gear, harvesting food and building a woodland home to outlast the impending apocalypse.
---

Uh huh. Unstable woman looking for man, in military outfit, boots, cape and antique gas mask, carrying flowers. Hmm, maybe just cause I like them. How did they find me??!!! I thought they would never guess. Tossing it all now, off to free more endangered minds. :floorlaugh: Yep, that's how I'll get a man. Um hmm.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FHVFV68LFQ"]AWOLNATION "Sail" 1080p HD with Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

(I have thought about doing this, but, it would be to cover skin, face included, and nasal passages, due to skin and nasal allergies. I think I could get away with it here, except it gets hot in the summertime.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back