Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Tim Bosma found dead
National Post
Josh Visser and Adrian Humphries13/05/14 | Last Updated: 13/05/14 4:01 PM ET
“A number of searches have taken place and human remains have been located,” he said. “We are convinced by the totality of the evidence, that these are the remains of Tim Bosma. The evidence indicates that the remains have been burned.
“This investigation is long from over,” he said. “We require more time to work as we pursue those that are responsible for Tim’s death.”
Dellen Millard charged with murder of Tim Bosma
Updated: Wed, 15 May 2013 11:45:31 GMT | By CBC News, cbc.ca
Dellen Millard, a suspect in the disappearance of Tim Bosma, whose remains were found more than a week after he went missing while taking two men on a test drive of his truck, was charged today with first-degree murder when he appeared in a Hamilton court.

I'm at the #Hamont courthouse where Dellen Millard and Mark Smich are appearing to set a date for a judicial pretrial

Sharlene Bosma is also in the courtroom.

A judicial pre trial for Dellen Millard has been set for Oct. 22.

Millard said nothing but his name and stood in a prison issue orange jumpsuit with his hands folded facing the camera

https://twitter.com/AdamCarterCBC

yes its a good illustration.... a whole day of ones life wasted due to bad investigative work....... sad imo

Yet DM & MS still sit incarcerated.

Definitely unfortunate for the person in the wrong place/time, however it worked out for him and he has avenues to pursue if he thinks he was wronged.

People everyday in North America are removed @ gunpoint on "Felony Traffic Stops" by LE because their description, car make/model and their location wrt the bank robbery all "fit." It becomes obvious at some point in time after the "stop" this is not the "right person" and they are on their way.
Same as the unfortunate "assault" example.......

DM is still in jail regardless of who else was/is/might be in the future detained briefly for suspicion of a serious crime.

In cases where the wrong person is initially detained(as the bank robbery example above) I personally gave them my "business" card with my badge #, my superior's phone number, Agency and advised them of "why," and if they had any issues or felt I had been inappropriate in ANY way to use that card and call and file a Complaint. ZERO, ZIP, NONE, NOT ONE has ever had me on the carpet.

That's real life info, not an inexperienced, posted, uninformed forum opinion........

yes its a good illustration.... a whole day of ones life wasted due to bad investigative work....... sad imo

It was more than just a wasted day in this man's life. Unfortunately, in today's society, a lot of people want to condemn first and ask questions later and people are cruel and abusive when they think you're guilty of this type of crime. Society would have been better served if LE had checked out his story sooner, not to mention the girl's story, rather than continuing to question him with lies. They're not really guaranteeing public safety when they have the wrong guy or there's nothing to protect the public from.

Originally posted by SnooperDuper

Sounds like they picked this guy up for looking scary.

The reporter made a point of remarking, from the look of DM, you would never pick him out as an alleged killer.

I've seen this man around and he is not scary looking. If people are afraid of an extremely thin gay man just because he is goth and has piercings and tattoos, the problem should be theirs, not his.

JMO

It was more than just a wasted day in this man's life. Unfortunately, in today's society, a lot of people want to condemn first and ask questions later and people are cruel and abusive when they think you're guilty of this type of crime. Society would have been better served if LE had checked out his story sooner, not to mention the girl's story, rather than continuing to question him with lies. They're not really guaranteeing public safety when they have the wrong guy or there's nothing to protect the public from.

I've seen this man around and he is not scary looking. If people are afraid of an extremely thin gay man just because he is goth and has piercings and tattoos, the problem should be theirs, not his.

JMO

Nope, dress like a possible perp, expect to be interviewed frequently if in the area of a crime.

Alethea out of curiosity can you tell when a potential criminal is lying to you OR a victim? Especially in the early stages of an investigation?

If he has a beef, get a lawyer and follow up if he feels his "rights were violated."

Apparently he was a likely suspect until eliminated and the investigator acted on what he was told and they sometimes ask seemingly unrelated questions to see the reaction.

People aren't necessarily cruel and abusive they just think differently towards odd/out of the normal type people.

HTH

Nope, dress like a possible perp, expect to be interviewed frequently if in the area of a crime.

Alethea out of curiosity can you tell when a potential criminal is lying to you OR a victim? Especially in the early stages of an investigation?

If he has a beef, get a lawyer and follow up if he feels his "rights were violated."

Apparently he was a likely suspect until eliminated and the investigator acted on what he was told and they sometimes ask seemingly unrelated questions to see the reaction.

People aren't necessarily cruel and abusive they just think differently towards odd/out of the normal type people.

HTH

Nope, how you dress has nothing to do with whether you are a possible perp. I will grudgingly admit that some people do look like criminals, but it takes more than their style of clothing or how they choose to decorate their body, unless you have pre-conceived prejudices against all people who don't fit your particular definition of "normal".

There is no way to tell if someone is lying, all people react differently to different situations. All anyone has is a gut feeling. There may be signs to watch for, but nothing is guaranteed. Although 13 year old girls are generally much easier to read. LE freely admits this man was very co-operative and polite. All they had to do is check his story. Unrelated questions? Outright lies may be allowed and expected from LE in their attempts to intimidate and cause additional stress, but that doesn't make it right.

People who throw garbage at other's houses and scream obscenities as they drive by are cruel and abusive. Even more so when they continue to do it after it has been announced that the suspect was innocent and a crime never happened. Just because some people "think differently" towards others that are outside of their own individual definition of "normal", doesn't give them the right to abuse and bully anyone who doesn't fit that particular mold. It really doesn't take a lot to act like a human being and treat others how you would want to be treated. If people are that prejudiced against others who don't look like themselves, maybe they should just stay in their own little houses with their own small minds so that they don't have to see that's there's a whole other world out there. A better alternative is to open your eyes and your mind, don't pre-judge based on appearances, don't look down your nose at others as a lesser form of being, and you may even find that a lot of those other people are really not so different than you or I.

JMO

Yet DM & MS still sit incarcerated.

Definitely unfortunate for the person in the wrong place/time, however it worked out for him and he has avenues to pursue if he thinks he was wronged.

People everyday in North America are removed @ gunpoint on "Felony Traffic Stops" by LE because their description, car make/model and their location wrt the bank robbery all "fit." It becomes obvious at some point in time after the "stop" this is not the "right person" and they are on their way.
Same as the unfortunate "assault" example.......

DM is still in jail regardless of who else was/is/might be in the future detained briefly for suspicion of a serious crime.

In cases where the wrong person is initially detained(as the bank robbery example above) I personally gave them my "business" card with my badge #, my superior's phone number, Agency and advised them of "why," and if they had any issues or felt I had been inappropriate in ANY way to use that card and call and file a Complaint. ZERO, ZIP, NONE, NOT ONE has ever had me on the carpet.

That's real life info, not an inexperienced, posted, uninformed forum opinion........

I am re-posting a previous post of mine demonstrating the same principle as you have just described, and that which is being questioned here. There are many more details to the example I have provided, but the basic information I provided is sufficient for this line of discussion IMO

Quite a few years ago, a very close family friend was arrested and detained on assault and robbery charges, he was at Toronto International Airport when the arrest occurred, on his way to my brother's wedding. He had been arrested based on matching description of his appearance by the victim, further to that, the actual suspect, and close family friend shared the exact same name, how bizarre, but none the less, it is fact.

The family friend was able to provide proof and alibis, that he was in no way involved in the crimes he was being accused of even though he and the actual perp shared the SAME NAME, and he was released. And, was released in time to make it to my brother's wedding! The actual perp was later apprehended, arrested and charged.

My point with this story is that if DM and MS were not involved, I think they would have been able to prove it by now, and would be free.

I've not had much time lately to be too involved in discussions here, but have been trying keep up on the reading at least and I think the LE bashing is BS. :moo::twocents:

Interesting that DP didn't give his usual "courthouse steps" interview yesterday. Maybe he's realized that his interviews only add to the publicity surrounding the case? MOO

“There are a lot of tactical reasons why one might not go for bail, because at a bail hearing, [the Crown] might get to present a case which might affect a lot of things,” he said, adding that the choice was also influenced by “privileged conversations” and publicity surrounding the case."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...lice-continue-to-search-farm/article14239837/

""Speculation" surrounding the accused in the case of a Hamilton, Ont., father found dead after taking two men on a test drive is unfairly poisoning the suspect's image, his lawyer said Tuesday.

Deepak Paradkar said some media reports and police statements are turning public opinion against his client, Dellen Millard, and could threaten his right to a fair trial.

"I hope it doesn't taint the jury pool because people are watching this carefully and we just want open-minded people, people who are liberal in their thinking and step back and think, 'Let's not rush to judgment in this, let's look at this fact by fact,'" he said in a phone interview.

"Clearly if somebody is leaking little bits of information... trying to implicate my client, then obviously it's not fair to my client," he said.
"

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/05/21/dellen-millard-lawyer-deepak-paradkar_n_3313595.html

IMO, nothing speaks innocence like "tactical reasons", "privileged conversations" and bad timing because the crown may present a hard to defend case. JMHO, but DP's tone hasn't changed much at all, but his in camera interviews seem to be getting rare. Still worried that DM is being victimized by public opinion and that he's not going to be able to have a fair trial, or at least that's the constant message he wants the media to circulate. MOO

I guess in all fairness I should include a couple quotes of MS's lawyer:

“At this point, Mr. Smich will be pleading not guilty and we will be defending this case vigorously,” he said, before declining to answer any questions."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...in-tim-bosma-murder-case-to-plead-not-guilty/

Gee..that's the only quote I could find for MS's lawyer- the rest are sound clips of a phone getting slammed down! MOO

What does that mean.... pulled for management review??? Were we bad???

What does that mean.... pulled for management review??? Were we bad???

A thread is only locked/pulled for good reason, and we don't question management's reasons for the decision or discuss it on the board. There may or may not be an explanation down the line ... up to them.

Interesting that DP didn't give his usual "courthouse steps" interview yesterday. Maybe he's realized that his interviews only add to the publicity surrounding the case? MOO

“There are a lot of tactical reasons why one might not go for bail, because at a bail hearing, [the Crown] might get to present a case which might affect a lot of things,” he said, adding that the choice was also influenced by “privileged conversations” and publicity surrounding the case."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...lice-continue-to-search-farm/article14239837/

""Speculation" surrounding the accused in the case of a Hamilton, Ont., father found dead after taking two men on a test drive is unfairly poisoning the suspect's image, his lawyer said Tuesday.

Deepak Paradkar said some media reports and police statements are turning public opinion against his client, Dellen Millard, and could threaten his right to a fair trial.

"I hope it doesn't taint the jury pool because people are watching this carefully and we just want open-minded people, people who are liberal in their thinking and step back and think, 'Let's not rush to judgment in this, let's look at this fact by fact,'" he said in a phone interview.

"Clearly if somebody is leaking little bits of information... trying to implicate my client, then obviously it's not fair to my client," he said.
"

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/05/21/dellen-millard-lawyer-deepak-paradkar_n_3313595.html

IMO, nothing speaks innocence like "tactical reasons", "privileged conversations" and bad timing because the crown may present a hard to defend case. JMHO, but DP's tone hasn't changed much at all, but his in camera interviews seem to be getting rare. Still worried that DM is being victimized by public opinion and that he's not going to be able to have a fair trial, or at least that's the constant message he wants the media to circulate. MOO

I guess in all fairness I should include a couple quotes of MS's lawyer:

“At this point, Mr. Smich will be pleading not guilty and we will be defending this case vigorously,” he said, before declining to answer any questions."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...in-tim-bosma-murder-case-to-plead-not-guilty/

Gee..that's the only quote I could find for MS's lawyer- the rest are sound clips of a phone getting slammed down! MOO

Yes it is very interesting he didn't speak after court this last time. Odd. Maybe he reads here and has discovered many don't approve of this Napoleon style. Was it even mentioned whether he was in the courtroom on Thursday? Maybe he wasn't there and that's the reason for no speech.

IMHO his after court speeches could lead to his client not getting a fair trial. I recall a couple times where he has slipped up. :moo:

Yes it is very interesting he didn't speak after court this last time. Odd. Maybe he reads here and has discovered many don't approve of this Napoleon style. Was it even mentioned whether he was in the courtroom on Thursday? Maybe he wasn't there and that's the reason for no speech.

IMHO his after court speeches could lead to his client not getting a fair trial. I recall a couple times where he has slipped up. :moo:

Where did he slip up?

I think he spoke highly of his client....and feels he is innocent...

JMO

Where did he slip up?

I think he spoke highly of his client....and feels he is innocent...

JMO

Well I would say, right off the bat DP said:

“He’s a prep school kid from the Toronto French School. He’s not been in trouble, he’s intelligent, he is a very humble and unassuming guy, he’s from a good home. His family is well off and he finds himself in shock and very concerned about the allegations. He’s not the type of person to be involved in something like this.”

DP just omitted the part about DM dropping out of TFS and being kicked out of college for cheating, and his "good home" <modsnip>

The problem is that every hint DP has dropped, the media has investigated. Then because stories don't match, another news article is born.

Well I would say, right off the bat DP said:

&#8220;He&#8217;s a prep school kid from the Toronto French School. He&#8217;s not been in trouble, he&#8217;s intelligent, he is a very humble and unassuming guy, he&#8217;s from a good home. His family is well off and he finds himself in shock and very concerned about the allegations. He&#8217;s not the type of person to be involved in something like this.&#8221;

DP just omitted the part about DM dropping out of TFS and being kicked out of college for cheating, and his "good home" <modsnip>

The problem is that every hint DP has dropped, the media has investigated. Then because stories don't match, another news article is born.

Correct for starters, and DP simply can't unring a bell.........it's just another data point out there in the mind of jurors, although I never expect it to go to trial and if it does, not before a jury. But that's where the smart money is.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member