CA CA - Steven Geisler, 51, Phelan, 10 May 2013

DzrtAsp

Reaction score
"The vehicle was towed by US Forestry Service (909 383-5651) on 05/18/2013 from Fire Service Road #3N05 and Lytle Creek Road. The vehicle was towed by Pepe's Towing, 909 574-1490. Incident #BDF7496."

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20573/13/

This case seems to be extremely low-profile, but it caught my attention because the subject's vehicle was found very close to where I live. The problem is that I have not been able to establish exactly where the vehicle was found because there is no "Fire Service Road #3N05" in that area. I suppose they actually meant "3N06" but that's still ambiguous because there are a few places where it intersects Lytle Creek Road.

An inquiry to LE was ignored (as always) and I don't think the USFS or the towing company will tell me anything either.

Any idea how I might track down the exact location of the vehicle?

Isn't Phelan just a short way south and west of Victorville, CA? Anyone know what Mr. Geisler was into as far as a job or profession? family? Was Mr. Geisler involved in business with Chase Merritt or Joseph McStay?

Interestingly, there are several old gold mines on and near Mt. Baldy.

There was one SDG born in Orange County on Aug. 3, 1961. Another in Houston Texas, Aug. 29, 1963.

I've looked for the logo on his shirt - WCA (with indistinguishable lavender letters following the WCA) Nothing exact. The WCA looks just like this - a little bit of room between letters.

No one misses him in the whole world? He was last seen by someone on May 10th as reported, then his truck was found on the 18th. What was he doing up there?

Was wondering why the investigating detective is in Stockton, CA.
I think Mr. Geisler may have lived in Riverside, Norco and possibly Stockton, California. His wife could be 53 year-old Maureen Geisler of Stockton, CA (first name might be spelled Morene). Her maiden name might be Ameson.

Steven D Geisler
Early 50s

Norco, CA 92860-8002
View Full Address
909-371-xxxx

https://www.peoplesmart.com/find/steven-geisler-ca.html

And DNA too. Maybe they got it off the truck? You're probably right - would San Bernadino go to the trouble & expense to print & do DNA on a truck found in the desert?
LE may have got DNA from his toothbrush or hairbrush from his home.
Its possible SDG was out for a hike and fell and was unable to get back to his truck. He may have sadly died alone of exposure and dehydration.

And DNA too. Maybe they got it off the truck? You're probably right - would San Bernadino go to the trouble & expense to print & do DNA on a truck found in the desert?

I didn't think that the truck was found in the desert. Wasn't his truck found on Lytle Creek Road (aka US Forest Road 3N05) which is on a mountainous, forested area just to the east and maybe south east of Mt. Baldy and at a high elevation?

"Lytle Creek and its three main forks tumble down rugged wilderness canyons on the southern slope of the eastern San Gabriel Mountains. Bighorn sheep, mule deer, mountain lions, bobcats, foxes, coyotes, and bears are just some of the animals that can be seen in the canyons. The lower elevations are covered by chaparral and the higher elevations by oak, sugar pine, ponderosa pine, and bigcone douglas fir. Sycamore trees, willow, and alder are common along the creek itself."

"About 6 miles up the canyon is the small community of Lytle Creek. There is a post office, general store, restaurant, and an art gallery here. Parts of this community are quiet and quaint, others are run-down and populated with rowdy people. Apparently this is one of the hang-out spots for the Hell's Angels."

http://www.summitpost.org/lytle-creek-canyon/405236

I think Mr. Geisler was in Riverside county in 2012:
http://openaccess.sb-court.org/CRIM...39PWSG&otnmseq=0&defseq=1&defnbr=3866391&dsn=

There was one SDG born in Orange County on Aug. 3, 1961. Another in Houston Texas, Aug. 29, 1963.

I've looked for the logo on his shirt - WCA (with indistinguishable lavender letters following the WCA) Nothing exact. The WCA looks just like this - a little bit of room between letters.

No one misses him in the whole world? He was last seen by someone on May 10th as reported, then his truck was found on the 18th. What was he doing up there?

Hi Paulette, good catch on the shirt logo.
Maybe WCA is western construction auctions in Perris California? What do you think?
https://m.facebook.com/pages/Western-Construction-Auctions-Inc/147435425295979

I didn't think that the truck was found in the desert. Wasn't his truck found on Lytle Creek Road (aka US Forest Road 3N06) which is on a mountainous, forested area just to the east and maybe south east of Mt. Baldy and at a high elevation?

"Lytle Creek and its three main forks tumble down rugged wilderness canyons on the southern slope of the eastern San Gabriel Mountains. Bighorn sheep, mule deer, mountain lions, bobcats, foxes, coyotes, and bears are just some of the animals that can be seen in the canyons. The lower elevations are covered by chaparral and the higher elevations by oak, sugar pine, ponderosa pine, and bigcone douglas fir. Sycamore trees, willow, and alder are common along the creek itself."

"About 6 miles up the canyon is the small community of Lytle Creek. There is a post office, general store, restaurant, and an art gallery here. Parts of this community are quiet and quaint, others are run-down and populated with rowdy people. Apparently this is one of the hang-out spots for the Hell's Angels."

http://www.summitpost.org/lytle-creek-canyon/405236

I think Mr. Geisler was in Riverside county in 2012:
http://openaccess.sb-court.org/CRIM...39PWSG&otnmseq=0&defseq=1&defnbr=3866391&dsn=

I entered "Fire Service Road #3N05 and Lytle Creek Road." Where his truck was towed from, into google earth and its not at all close to the town of Lytle creek. Its south of Big Bear in the San Bernardino National Forest. Its way out there.

I entered "Fire Service Road #3N05 and Lytle Creek Road." Where his truck was towed from, into google earth and its not at all close to the town of Lytle creek. Its south of Big Bear in the San Bernardino National Forest. Its way out there.

I just did the same and you're right. I originally entered just Lytle Creek Road San Bernardino and Google Earth took me to that location west of I-15 and near Mt. Baldy. Then upon reading about the road, I came across an article that said it was aka Forest Rd 3N06. Is this road possibly a really long A$$ road or what? I will go with your location and it seems more dialed in than mine and it looks like Paulette is correct then about the truck getting found in the desert?

Just one problem though: I didn't see where there was any "Fire Service Road #305" or "Lytle Creek Road" near the pointer that Google Earth zoomed to in your location south of Big Bear. Did you actually locate them there?

LE may have got DNA from his toothbrush or hairbrush from his home.
Its possible SDG was out for a hike and fell and was unable to get back to his truck. He may have sadly died alone of exposure and dehydration.

He doesn't look like the hiking type. I haven't looked at the area his truck was found - will soon.

I now see your post about south of Big Bear. On a forest service road - possibly growing Mary Jane? Stumbled onto a patch?

He doesn't look like the hiking type. I haven't looked at the area his truck was found - will soon.

I now see your post about south of Big Bear. On a forest service road - possibly growing Mary Jane? Stumbled onto a patch?
Well google earth is now showing 4 balloons for Lytle creek road and N306. I think they are showing fire service stations? 3 of the balloons are just north of Ranco Cucomonga. It makes more sense that that was where the truck was found, IMO
Sorry for the confusion.
The one balloon in the national forest doesn't show any service road only a ridge trail. ?????

Well google earth is now showing 4 balloons for Lytle creek road and N306. I think they are showing fire service stations? 3 of the balloons are just north of Ranco Cucomonga. It makes more sense that that was where the truck was found, IMO
Sorry for the confusion.
The one balloon in the national forest doesn't show any service road only a ridge trail. ?????

A prior poster said that Pepe's Towing towed the truck at the request of the USFS. Wonder if they would give the location that they towed from?

The vehicle was towed by US Forestry Service (909 383-5651) on 05/18/2013 from Fire Service Road #3N05 and Lytle Creek Road. The vehicle was towed by Pepe's Towing, 909 574-1490. Incident #BDF7496.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back