DC - Twelve killed, 8 injured in shooting at Washington Navy Yard, 16 Sept 2013

At least one person was injured Monday morning when a person opened fire inside a building at the Washington Navy Yard, United States Navy and MPD officials say.

Authorities continue to search for an active shooter is being sought on the grounds of the Washington Navy Yard, authorities say.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/0...jures-several-people-94074.html#ixzz2f3nmz19X
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

Yikes. Been there many times back when DH was in the Navy. Hope it stays at "one injured", and they find this guy fast!

They are showing pictures right now. Victim shot on the street in front of CVS! :eek: He was shot in the head.

I hope they get this shooter quickly!

They are reporting there are now 4 victims. Shooter still on the loose.

NBC is reporting one base officer and a DC Police officer among the victims :(

NBC reporting seven people shot, including two DC police officers. They are now delaying any outgoing flights at Reagan International until 10:30.

I hope they catch this shooter quickly!

ABC NEWS reporting the suspect is a black male, light skinned, 6ft tall, bald. He has at least three weapons.

Still no word on whether it's a civilian or a military member?

And wow, wasn't the Fort Hood shooter sentenced to death just a couple of weeks ago?

Washington Post Reports that the suspect has barricaded himself in a room.

Still no word on whether it's a civilian or a military member?

And wow, wasn't the Fort Hood shooter sentenced to death just a couple of weeks ago?

Yes he was. So sad, that this is happening yet again! :cry:

oh my word, hope they catch him fast. This is terrible.

ABC News Now reporting 5 people have been shot. :cry:

Interview with witness, saying the shooter is dressed in black and wearing a hat. The witness was in a meeting room in one of the office buildings, I think?

I believe that. There are so many ambulances on the scene. I don't think anyone really knows how many victims there are right now. :cry:

I agree. It's been over an hour. They've got choppers trying to get people out/help. I wish these people would just go into the woods and take their own lives instead of this. It's messed up!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back