UK Wookey Hole 'witch' retires; scramble on to fill £50,000-per-year position

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Wookey Hole witch hangs up her broomstick. (Telegraph)
---
Actress Sunny Van der Pas is leaving her role after two years to launch her own clothing line based upon her costumes.

But now directors at the popular tourist attraction need a little magic of their own to find a replacement witch in time for Halloween.
---
The attraction employs a witch pro rata, largely over the summer holidays, Halloween and Christmas, They are expected to live in the site's caves during busy periods and to teach witchcraft and magic.
---
Legend has it that the original Wookey Witch was turned to stone by Father Bernard, who had been appointed by the Abbott of Glastonbury exorcise her from the village.
---
The original Witch lived in the caves with some goats and a dog, and was blamed for a number of ills, including crop failures to disease.

The previous incumbent in the role caused controversy when she was spotted by her bosses performing on X Factor, in her costume, despite the fact that she was off sick.
---
the rest at the link above

Wookey Hole Caves. (Wiki)

What type of witchcraft are we talking?

I took intro to Shamanism. I can think of a few "Spells" to teach little ones for 50k a year

What type of witchcraft are we talking?

I took intro to Shamanism. I can think of a few "Spells" to teach little ones for 50k a year
I think that instead of turning them into frogs the witch turns them into little consumers and points them toward the gift shop.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back