GUILTY NV - Elvira Canales-Gomez, 40, & Cesar Navarro, 9, murdered, Henderson, 20 Sept 2013

KDub

Reaction score
A 40-year-old woman and her son were found slain in their apartment Friday by Henderson police officers checking on their welfare.

The woman's 16-year-old son was not in the apartment and is considered missing.

Officers were called to the apartment in the 11000 block of S. Eastern Avenue near Sunridge Heights Parkway to check on the welfare of the woman who did not show up to work.

Her sons, 10 and 16, did not show up at school. Officers went into the apartment about noon Friday and found the woman and her younger son dead.

The woman’s teen son, Adrian Navaro, has not been located. Police are searching for him.

Police ask that anyone who knows of his whereabouts to call 9-1-1. The teen is not considered a suspect at this time.

http://www.mynews3.com/mostpopular/story/Mother-son-found-dead-inside-apartment-older-son/ZOSf-sR9BESAa_s-Dfl9ag.cspx

1235907_658277610859243_751812551_n.png

The date I put is the date the Mom and little brother were (sadly) found deceased...it looks like it was earlier in the week they didn't show up for school or work though, so obviously that date may change once the exact details come out..

Family members are telling News 3 that the mother and son found dead in their Henderson apartment were stabbed to death.

Authorities have not officially identified the pair nor disclosed the cause of death, relatives said the dead woman is Elvira Canales, 40, and her son is 10-year-old Cesar Navarro. Relatives said the two were stabbed to death inside their residence at The Summit at Sunridge Apartments on South Eastern Avenue.

http://www.mynews3.com/content/news/local/story/Family-speaks-out-about-double-homicide-boy-still/32bexWX1lkKM3b25MGayew.cspx

They're lovely photos, aren't they - didn't want to post the FB until LE confirmed the names but it is obvious from comments around the FB that they are the deceased :(

It is still headline news every night here. More so today than when it first hit the airwaves. A stabbing seems personal to me, moreso than, say, a gunshot. No record of calls to the residence prior to this- no talk of Adrian in trouble with any laws before either. I am puzzled but, as a local, eyes and ears wide open.

So from her fb it seems that there's a possible "new man" in her life? Or maybe recurring or he could be a family member?
Her last profile pic change was sept 11.
Just very weird that her son is missing. I hope he shows up safe. Strange case.

There is a comment on the article about the family speaking out. Unfortunately I can't reply because I do not have a facebook account and have no intention of signing up.

Here is my comments to the small minded person:

Rick, I think the family is probably as American as you. How terrible you assume a Hispanic surname equates to foreign nationals. Guess what....not all Americans are white Caucasians. It's too bad you are an American because you haven't really grasped the American philosophy. E pluribus unum

If someone wanted to post it for me I would be pleased.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/Family-members-speak-out-on-Henderson-double-murder-224780422.html

:seeya:

Does missing son have FB? I can't search for it right now on my stupid phone...
TIA

This is a nice area- family friendly. I've had two very close family friends love in Henderson.

I am aware the son is not a suspect- I just have a question. There are essentially two possibilities in a situation like this: (1) someone came in and killed the mom and one son and kidnapped the other son, or (2) the missing son could be responsible. But since LE says he's not a suspect, I won't go there.

Any other possibilities? I suppose (3) could be that someone killed the mom and one son and the second son was so horrified or thought he would be blamed or worried something he did led to the murders, etc. etc. that he is hiding.

If one family member in a crime like this is missing, how does LE know they are not a suspect? Sorry if I'm stepping on TOS boundaries. I can delete :)

The missing family member might have been killed somewhere else or been missing before the murders. LE might know the MP is not a suspect because they have a good idea what happened and suspect somebody else. But then again they say quite frequently that people are not suspects until they get arrested and charged.

This is a nice area- family friendly. I've had two very close family friends love in Henderson.

I am aware the son is not a suspect- I just have a question. There are essentially two possibilities in a situation like this: (1) someone came in and killed the mom and one son and kidnapped the other son, or (2) the missing son could be responsible. But since LE says he's not a suspect, I won't go there.

Any other possibilities? I suppose (3) could be that someone killed the mom and one son and the second son was so horrified or thought he would be blamed or worried something he did led to the murders, etc. etc. that he is hiding.

If one family member in a crime like this is missing, how does LE know they are not a suspect? Sorry if I'm stepping on TOS boundaries. I can delete :)

it is a nicer area but there have been many instances lately with drugs/child neglect/carjacking in that area over the last year. I drive by these apartments on my way to the Trader Joes and am just heartsick about it. Not going to blame the area since this seems isolated and domestic but it isn't what it used to be. There's not a safe street to be had in Vegas these days. :scared:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back