GUILTY AK - Michael Liufau & 3 others for near-fatal beating of teen, Anchorage, 2013

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.whas11.com/news/national...uilding-about-to-be-demolished-224649451.html

(ABC News) Police in Alaska are working to unravel an unnerving mystery after an anonymous tipster led them to discover a severely beaten and unconscious teenager left for dead in an abandoned house that was set to be demolished, authorities said.

A handwritten letter was slipped under the door at the University of Alaska Anchorage police department alerted police Monday to the young man’s whereabouts and condition.........

Police from the university and the city, arrived at the address in downtown Anchorage indicated in the letter. In the basement of the house, they found an 18-year-old male unconscious and beaten all over his “head, face and body,” Castro said. The victim was rushed to a hospital where he remains in critical condition.

Police later identified the man as James Clinton, 18, an Anchorage resident........more......

Thanks, Reader. I wanted to make a thread for this yesterday but my computer wasn't cooperating. Hope we hear more about this case. Sounds like there's a significant back story. RIP James Clinton.

Every article I find still says critical condition.

However, rumor says he may have died. From his friends.
Those rumors ARE more recent than the articles... but they are still just rumors.

I guess we have to wait for an official report...
He doesn't appear to have a lot of close family OR friends and the few he has aren't saying anything.
Very sad...

I don't have Facebook so I didn't know about the rumors but can't imagine they'd be posting that for no reason. Very sad indeed. I'm betting if we ever find out more about his life, we'll find out that was sad as well. JMO...

Anchorage police seek associates of teen left for dead in downtown house due for demolition

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – Anchorage police say they're hoping someone will come forward with information about the activities of an 18-year-old man found severely beaten and critically wounded at an abandoned downtown home.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/2...dead-in-downtown-house-due-for/#ixzz2fexyuhp6

(from what I'm reading he is still alive; hope he can improve and provide some info on who did this)

-------

This site has several articles and tweets on case:

http://www.efabula.com/story.php?m=9031751

I don't have Facebook so I didn't know about the rumors but can't imagine they'd be posting that for no reason. Very sad indeed. I'm betting if we ever find out more about his life, we'll find out that was sad as well. JMO...

I don't think they posted it for no reason, but these are not close friends of his. Just 3 acquaintances.
I just figured maybe they heard wrong, or misunderstood what people were saying around town.
From his actual family and CLOSE friends, I haven't seen anything. :twocents:

Anchorage Police Seek Friends of Man Left for Dead

[Maybe the 'left for dead' has been misunderstood?]

picture.php

Anchorage police hope a photograph of a severely beaten teenager will jog the memory of witnesses who can help piece together how he was left to die in an abandoned downtown home..........

Clinton carried an identity card. His name was not released until Thursday, in part because his severe face injuries hampered positive identification, police said. Police also wanted to notify his next of kin.

Police spokeswoman Jennifer Castro said Friday investigators have not confirmed where Clinton lived.........

The Anchorage School District confirmed that Clinton had attended school in Anchorage, most recently in 2011, but did not graduate from an Anchorage high school.

Castro said Clinton may have been known by nicknames.........

"One of those is time frame — trying to determine how long he was in this house for," Castro said. "In terms of the assault, was there one big incident? Were there multiple assaults that were occurring over periods of time?"

Police have been in contact with a family member. Other people have claimed to be family member, Castro said, and investigators are trying to confirm that.

Police will take information on the case directly or anonymously through the Crimestoppers program. Good information came in anonymously Thursday after Clinton's photo was released, she said..........

That's what I'm thinking... someone saw the headline and misread it... then texted someone else.
I just don't think these friends have inside information, but that's just my opinion. :twocents:

Do we know if he is alive or not? I'm confused.

Nope, we don't.
Family and close friends (girlfriend included) have NOT said anything.
More distant friends are saying he's dead, but we are thinking that is a misunderstanding.

It IS possible that they aren't releasing he died for investigative reasons. But I doubt it.

I forgot to put the link for #9, so here it is and I think it gives enough info to believe James is still alive:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/anchorage-police-seek-friends-man-left-dead-20322972

Anchorage police hope a photograph of a severely beaten teenager will jog the memory of witnesses who can help piece together how he was left to die in an abandoned downtown home.

Police are investigating the assault on James Clinton, 18, who was found Monday night unconscious and in critical condition in a home scheduled to be demolished Wednesday. The home is a block away from the main Anchorage federal building, which includes the federal courthouse.

Police say Clinton likely would have died if an anonymous, typewritten note had not been slipped more than 2 miles away under the door of a squad room of University of Alaska Anchorage police.......

Typewritten note... I wonder if that means it is literally from a typewriter or if that is newspaperese for it was not hand scrawled.

Apparently, someone with a conscience knows a whole lot. Let's hope that person reveals himself/herself.

Typewritten note... I wonder if that means it is literally from a typewriter or if that is newspaperese for it was not hand scrawled.

I noticed the first OP article says 'handwritten note', then the news switched to 'typed', so not sure about this.

I'm just glad whoever sent the note did the right thing and this boy was saved.

I noticed the first OP article says 'handwritten note', then the news switched to 'typed', so not sure about this.

I'm just glad whoever sent the note did the right thing and this boy was saved.

Yes, it's good they sent the note. They saved his life.

Probably, all information about how the words were put onto the paper is the media doing what they do. As in they don't know, really.

Both handwritten and typed on a typewriter are potentially traceable. Maybe printed out on a printer is as well, but a lot of people have the same types of printers. So, I thought 'a clue?' But, the note sender might only know exactly what they put in the note.

I don't think they posted it for no reason, but these are not close friends of his. Just 3 acquaintances.
I just figured maybe they heard wrong, or misunderstood what people were saying around town.
From his actual family and CLOSE friends, I haven't seen anything. :twocents:
I wouldn't take the word of acquaintances. When I was 13, I was hit by a car walking to school and had to be out for 3 weeks. A kid who didn't know me at all was spreading rumors-that got back to me- that I had died!!!

Bumping for James. I hope some answers are forthcoming.

Yes, it's good they sent the note. They saved his life.

Probably, all information about how the words were put onto the paper is the media doing what they do. As in they don't know, really.

Both handwritten and typed on a typewriter are potentially traceable. Maybe printed out on a printer is as well, but a lot of people have the same types of printers. So, I thought 'a clue?' But, the note sender might only know exactly what they put in the note.

Good thinking! I'm hoping they can at least get fingerprints, trace the paper/printer as you say, to find out who this reporter was. They can probably tell a lot more about what happened. I'm also wondering if maybe this person was a participant in the beating of James but felt guilty afterward but does not want to be found.

Note: I've checked for updates and nothing so far. Will check again later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberanalyst0303
Back