Did John Ramsey carry the body to contaminate the scene or not?

Did John Ramsey knowingly try to contaminate the scene by carrying JonBenet upstairs?

• Yes, he did try to handle the body to contaminate the scene.

Votes: 122 53.5%
  • No, he did not think him handling the body would contaminate the scene.

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • no, it was a natural reaction for a father

Votes: 39 17.1%
  • He wanted the body discovered.

Votes: 47 20.6%

• Total voters

Venom

Reaction score
I've always been curious about why John Ramsey pulled the duct tape off and carried JonBenet upstairs. To me, I'd have thought about disturbing any evidence. But, then again, I'm a true crime buff.
I know that one has no idea how they would react, think, or do if this should happen to them.

Mmmm...dunno....not necessarily to contaminate the scene(forensics)...IMO to undo the bad staging a bit?he panicked

Pulling the tape off of her mouth is the only reason I would consider John completely innocent.

While it's plausible he carried her to get her to help faster, I just can't buy it until he is cleared. Until he's cleared every action he made makes me think it was calculated.

I'm not sure. I think the public, in general,, knows more about forensics than we did 18 years ago. I lean toward PDI, including the staging, so my guess would be no, it was not intentional.

But I could be wrong.......

I think he found her and wanted to get her up to help. I don't think he was rational but I do think that by the police not finding the body and him carrying her up and pulling off the duct tape, He most likely put fibers all over everything from him and Patsy. That them touching her and laying on her, is hat put the fibers on her and not anything nefarious they did.

I think he found her and wanted to get her up to help. I don't think he was rational but I do think that by the police not finding the body and him carrying her up and pulling off the duct tape, He most likely put fibers all over everything from him and Patsy. That them touching her and laying on her, is hat put the fibers on her and not anything nefarious they did.

So how did his shirt fibers turn up on her crotch?

So how did his shirt fibers turn up on her crotch?

He was wearing the shirt the night before and carried her up to bed, She could have had those fibers all over her and then the killer as he touched her and moved her and killed her moved them around too.

He was wearing the shirt the night before and carried her up to bed, She could have had those fibers all over her and then the killer as he touched her and moved her and killed her moved them around too.

That doesnt make sense Scarlett... The fibers were on her privates. Her mother claims to have changed her pants, her father said he didnt change her and his shirt fibers were found on her crotch area. How did they get on the skin of her vagina? If you claim its innocent transfer then you would also have to admit that the TDNA could also be the same and could have even been transferred with the the fibers.

That doesnt make sense Scarlett... The fibers were on her privates. Her mother claims to have changed her pants, her father said he didnt change her and his shirt fibers were found on her crotch area. How did they get on the skin of her vagina? If you claim its innocent transfer then you would also have to admit that the TDNA could also be the same and could have even been transferred with the the fibers.

I'm sure Patsy touched John, ANd his fibers could have been all over Patsy and JBR. I just see too many ways this was innocent transfer.

Two of you that replied stated about JR getting her to help faster, but couldn't he have noticed that she was past needing help?
To me, it's odd that he'd have carried her up. Much less carried her by holding her out in front of him. JMO

Two of you that replied stated about JR getting her to help faster, but couldn't he have noticed that she was past needing help?
To me, it's odd that he'd have carried her up. Much less carried her by holding her out in front of him. JMO

I don't find that odd at all. Most parents even if their children are beyond help still try to help them. That is really normal.

The child was stiff as a board when he carried her up. At the very least, it seems grossly disrespectful.

No father would do this to his deceased child, in my opinion. He would call everyone down to where she was.

:cow:

The child was stiff as a board when he carried her up. At the very least, it seems grossly disrespectful.

No father would do this to his deceased child, in my opinion. He would call everyone down to where she was.

:cow:

HE was a father in morning.. Stiff or not who knows what he would be thinking??

You are wrong.. I remember distinctly when The argument about Caylee drowning and them saying that George just picked up the body and disposed of it and the police and emt's they had on discussing saying they have seen parents try to give CPR to obviously dead children.. IT is a parental instinct to try and save your child.

IT is not disrespectful. IT is normal for many parents who find their children deceased.

I think he was more concerned over JB getting "found" but wasn't specifically trying to contaminate the scene.

I have a problem with him moving her. I could understand touching the body, looking for signs of life, even trying CPR. Wouldn't people get to him faster than picking her up from that awkward position? Wasn't FW near by? I don't think it was necessarily to contaminate the scene, but maybe to get her out of the crime scene. Worried about the police seeing something?

I have a problem with him moving her. I could understand touching the body, looking for signs of life, even trying CPR. Wouldn't people get to him faster than picking her up from that awkward position? Wasn't FW near by? I don't think it was necessarily to contaminate the scene, but maybe to get her out of the crime scene. Worried about the police seeing something?

But everyone was upstairs including Police that could and should be able to do cpr and save her. I don't have any issue whatsoever with him picking her up in a panic and bringing her upstairs.

The police should have already found the body though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back