GUILTY CA - Mehria Mansury, 79, San Diego, 24 Sept 2013

mamacita

Reaction score
mehria_mansury_1380241548226_989653_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

SAN DIEGO - Authorities are searching for a missing Serra Mesa woman who is considered at-risk.

Mehria Mansury, 79, was last seen Tuesday at about 8 a.m. at her home in the 2800 block of Amulet Street, according to authorities.

She is Middle Eastern, 5 feet 1 inch tall and weighs 140 pounds. Mansury has brown hair and brown eyes.

.Anyone who knows of her whereabouts is asked to contact authorities at 619-531-2293.

Oh dear...this isn't sounding good:
Family members of Mansury told 10News they are concerned about her whereabouts. She has been missing for 72 hours and according to her nephew, Ali Rassul, it is unlike her to just disappear.

“She was very sharp," said Rassul. "She was 79 years old, but she would not leave home without her purse, without her keys, without her wallet or cell phone for that matter. Most of all without her glasses.”

Mansury's niece Homira Rassul, told 10News her beloved dog was also found in the house.

“I don’t know what to think," said Homira Rassul. "Right now we are standing here and God knows where she is, is she in a ditch?”

Family members said they fear her daughter may be involved.

“She, unfortunately, has a daughter that lived in the garage with a bunch of junk heads. “ said Ali Rassul.
http://www.10news.com/news/search-on-for-missing-serra-mesa-woman-mehria-mansury-092613

They've got the SD Sheriff like mobile crime scene type vehicle thing out somewhere searching for her it seems.

I guess it's more like a command center thing, but it's not typically what they seem to use (at least from what I've seen) for things they know are a likely a crime...or bigger crime, maybe I should say (murder, kidnapping, etc. not "just" in the case of a more standard missing person's case, especially since it's not a young child).

There, unfortunately, have been like 4 sig-alert major car accidents in the morning hours today (already) - into ravines, a fatality, one where much of the road was closed from a fire, and then another just big one that I forget the other details of.

Anyway, all that to say, unfortunately there's a lot more about the traffic on the news and their twitters, especially, than about Mehria.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...erra-Mesa-Woman-Mehria-Mansury-225440342.html

Oh gosh. I've been out of town, but this location is right near where I work. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled but am nervous about the allegations re: the daughter mentioned in the news story above.

I'm very nervous about that too...and nervous they've been made public b/c if there are no good friends and they ARE involved, I fear that being public could tick them off and cause them to do something maybe they weren't originally intending.

Now with the major red flag fire warnings, this is going to push the urgency of this story way further down the priority list for our local media I'm afraid (let alone what could happen if we end up with another fire...I guess at least it's not October yet since that's when our really bad ones have been!)

Here's the latest:

Steve Fiorina ‏@10NewsFiorina 33m

No sign of missing Serra Mesa woman as search teams scour San Diego riverbed and nearby roadways. Relatives distributing fliers. #10News.

And did you see this? I have to wonder if they found it searching for Mehria?

CBS 8 San Diego News ‏@CBS8 1h

#BREAKING: BOMB techs checking suspicious object in a Serra Mesa canyon. @CBS8

Seems less likely it be unexploded ordinance over there since Tierrasanta is the old Camp Elliott area where that's been a perpetual problem (those bomb assemblies we had every other month or so growing up still make me shiver)...hopefully it's nothing.

Update on the possible pipe bomb found deemed unrelated (and also apparently not a pipe bomb either):

Just before 3 p.m. on Friday, San Diego Fire-Rescue officials were called to Shawn Avenue and Marathon Drive in Serra Mesa to investigate reports of a suspicious pipe found in a canyon by search and rescue volunteers looking for Mansury.

However, by 4:45 p.m., officials confirmed the pipe was not considered evidence and was in no way linked to Mansury’s disappearance.

Officials say the search for the missing woman will continue until all leads are exhausted.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...n-Mehria-Mansury-225440342.html#ixzz2g9NM77xC

Also more on the family details/her being reported missing/etc:

NBC 7 spoke with Mansury’s nephew and nieces who say they are concerned for Mansury’s safety.

The family members said a relative last saw Mansury on Monday. They said Mansury’s daughter – who lives with Mansury in the Serra Mesa home – last saw Mansury on Tuesday, but didn’t report her missing.

On Wednesday, a relative spoke with Mansury’s daughter who said Mansury had gone for a walk. The family members told NBC 7 that when relatives visited Mansury’s home on Wednesday, the house was a mess. Worried for Mansury, a relative called police and the search efforts began.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...n-Mehria-Mansury-225440342.html#ixzz2g9Nkvafu

Local news mentioned they were searching for Mehria Mansury in the City Heights area today, but didn't mention any specific streets being searched. She looks like such a pleasant, truly lovely woman. Keeping her in my prayers.

More questions than answers about missing woman
http://www.cbs8.com/story/23549709/more-questions-than-answers-about-missing-woman

"If I had to speculate, it was them and they did it. I wouldn't say they viciously killed my aunt -- I think it was an accident," Salihie said. :what:

There's reason to be worried. She's been gone days now without her purse or glasses. Her family and neighbors have hinted that it could be foul play. The nephew even suggested she might have suffered a fatal accident at the hands of others.

Looks like there's more to this story than her just wandering off and getting lost, IMO.

Yes, everybody is very worried for Mehria.

It's Saturday night now and Mehria is still missing.

IMO, it's odd that the daughter wasn't the one to report her 79 yr. old mother missing. Apparently, the house being a mess was unusual when Mehria was around, then she went missing and the house is a mess. I thought the daughter and her bunch of friends stayed in the garage. What happened to Mehria?

Search Continues for Missing Serra Mesa Woman
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/53119098/ns/local_news-san_diego_ca/

"The family members said a relative last saw Mansury on Monday. They said Mansury’s daughter – who lives with Mansury in the Serra Mesa home – last saw Mansury on Tuesday, but didn’t report her missing."

"On Wednesday, a relative spoke with Mansury’s daughter who said Mansury had gone for a walk. The family members told NBC 7 that when relatives visited Mansury’s home on Wednesday, the house was a mess. Worried for Mansury, a relative called police and the search efforts began."

I'm seriously worried for this missing woman now.

A neighbor of Mehria was on the local news saying the daughter has been in and out of trouble for awhile, then moved in with her mother...and that's when a bunch of unsavory people started coming around.

http://www.sandiego6.com/home/

Since only one of the local sites so far seems to be specifying gender, for any locals who also see it, the body found in the San Luis Rey riverbed area near Oceanside is reportedly a male.

Seems like it would have been a stretch for it to be Mehria there anyway (although I guess with foul play possibly involved she really could be anywhere) but just thought I'd give anyone who else might find their heart drop upon seeing the headline that it seems at least this find isn't related.

Admittedly, I have to say that now that we're this many days into her disappearance, even if it is NOT foul play (and the unsavory characters mentioned end up not being related) - this many days, plus Mehria's age, plus the heat and real dry weather yesterday and today (and at least expected through tomorrow) make me also worry about how she could survive if she were just lost and wandering somewhere.

Praying she'll turn up well and perhaps a good samaritan happening on her lost, but...getting more worried about that even being a slight chance given everything else.

If you want to see video of the home, some relatives, and of some of the search, here are two local news segments:

10 News (KGTV) from two days ago: Search on for missing Serra Mesa woman Mehria Mansury - YouTube

10 News from yesterday staging at Qualcomm Stadium Search on for missing Serra Mesa woman Mehria Mansury - YouTube - that's a better one for those who are unfamiliar with the area and who would like a better idea of the terrain near Mehria's home (also, more comments from other relatives and incidents neighbors mention about the daughter/friends)

Per that source, the daughter living in the home is unwilling to say anything about her mother/where she may be.

My computer is being lame in trying to get the other videos posted, but I'll try to add a few others as some showed the area overhead a bit better, which others might find useful in just seeing the area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back