Krokodil Hits US Two Cases In Arizona

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
This is a nasty, nasty drug that's killed and maimed many youth in Russia.

It's desomorphine which actually originated here long ago, but the kids in Siberia mix it with hydrocarbons.

Two cases have shown up in Arizona so it's good to be aware of. It eats the flesh thus the name. It's withdrawl is worse than heroin withdrawl. Heroin withdrawl lasting a week to ten days where this drug's withdrawl last up to a month.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...53a64e-2791-11e3-ad0d-b7c8d2a594b9_story.html

Addicts probably don't give a **** about its withdrawl as it is (according to the linked article) much cheaper than heroine.

the effects are staggering

if they don't scare a first-timer out of trying it, I don't know what will

I hardly believe some hardcore addict is going to read up a drug's side effects before consuming it?

I hardly believe some hardcore addict is going to read up a drug's side effects before consuming it?

An addict wouldn't have to read anything. They already pretty much know what there is to know since they life that lifestyle.

This one though? Who knows? The only reason I can think of that anybody in Phoenix is doing this drug is this

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...sted-massive-phoenix-heroin-seizure-abrk.html

It makes no sense you'd have to get the codeine to synthesize it into the desomorphine which in itself is supposed to be way, way stronger than morphine, but the high doesn't last as long. By the time you get done with the whole process and such you could have just went out and got heroin.

Other than there being a shortage of heroin and people becoming desperate I don't get it???? Possibly people that have immigrated from Russia, Ukraine or wherever decided to use here?

No matter it's always good to know the absolute insanity of what drugs are out there. It may come out this isn't even what happened.

Desomorphine (dihydrodesoxymorphine, Permonid, street name krokodil) is an opioid first patented in 1932 in the United States that is a derivative of morphine, where the 6-hydroxyl group has been removed and the 7,8 double bond has been reduced. It has sedative and analgesic effects, and is around 8-10 times more potent than morphine.

Source: wikipedia

First "occurence" in 1932, wow.

I just found an article which says that in 2011 some German addicts took krokodil without knowing, as they thought it was common heroine. Maybe that's what happened in this case, too?

Just wondering: do krokodil and bath salts explain the popularity of Putin and the Tea Party?

An addict doesn't have to READ UP about a drugs side affect. :juggle:

They can SEE what it's done to their addict friends.

To avoid further misunderstandings:

This was (at least supposed to be) a rhetorical question, referring to the "why did they take it?" issue. ;)

And yet, they still take the stuff. That's the horrible, sad nature of addiction. It is totally self-destructive. There, but for the grace of God, go I.

This would be a great way to keep people from every starting to use heroin or anything like it.

When in high school, we had a full week in the auditorium with various LE and doctors showing us pictures of the dangers of drugs. One was of what used to be a beautiful young brunette. She now had these exact looking scales all over her body. They told us it was from heroin use. There were other shocking photos and stories of the nightmares that occurred because of drugs. I'll never forget them. I never wanted to try heroin because of those photos and stories. So deeply disturbing. I think every school, but start in Middle School now since users are younger and younger, should have some similar program.

Well if they were heroin addicts to start with they probably tell themselves they will only do a LITTLE krokodil and then they can get regular heroin again.

They are probably desperate and know what it will do but think "I only need to use it for a couple of days until I can get more of the good stuff....this is only temporary".

I just found an article which says that in 2011 some German addicts took krokodil without knowing, as they thought it was common heroine. Maybe that's what happened in this case, too?

That crossed my mind as well, but there'd be way more than two or a "handful" as some articles are saying. Plus I'm not sure how the dope in Phoenix is sold, but on the East Coast it's powder form. So the krokodil folk had to have come late into the game literally to get that as in it's already been cooked up.

However, indeed it still could have happened this way.Only not on the street. Heroin addicts have many conspiracy theories and always have. So who knows?

This would be a great way to keep people from every starting to use heroin or anything like it.

When in high school, we had a full week in the auditorium with various LE and doctors showing us pictures of the dangers of drugs. One was of what used to be a beautiful young brunette. She now had these exact looking scales all over her body. They told us it was from heroin use. There were other shocking photos and stories of the nightmares that occurred because of drugs. I'll never forget them. I never wanted to try heroin because of those photos and stories. So deeply disturbing. I think every school, but start in Middle School now since users are younger and younger, should have some similar program.

Whatever works. I'm all for scare tactics and that includes showing students horrific photos of STD's. If it saves one person then great.

Agree on Middle School as well. However, they'd have to scare them straight from taking narcotics from Big Pharma because nobody eating 20 Percocet or Vicodin a day has their skin fall off. The rest we know. These kids can't afford the pills too long and heroin is dirt cheap. It's scarry pure in some States and thus they can snort it. To them it equals safe.

There's kids all over the country that die after snorting heroin. We have to keep talking to the kids. Arming yourself with knowledge is a great start.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back