Red Rose
Reaction score
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/needham_steven.html

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1351dmwa.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12099/2

needham_steven.jpg

Date Of Birth: January 20, 1970
Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'0"; 180 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair, blue eyes.
Medical: Alcoholic/ schizophrenic
Clothing: Blue jeans, white tennis shoes, medium blue, light weight ski jacket, blue colored sweatshirt.
Dentals: Available
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Steven Needham suffers from schizophrenia and is an alcoholic. At the time of his disappearance he was taking medication for his schizophrenia and could function in society with menial jobs.

He voluntarily checked himself into a Mental Health facility on October 20th, 1994. During his stay at the "Pioneer North" Mental Health Facility, he called his mother and told her he did not like it there (although he did not indicate he would leave).

On October 26th, 1994 Pioneer North reported Needham had "walked away" from their facility and they then reported him missing to the Skagit County Sheriff's Office.
The mental health facility is approximately 80 miles from Needham's home and nobody reported seeing Needham leave the facility. He has not been seen since and there has been no contact with his family.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Bellevue Police Department
Detective Robert Thompson
425-452-6917
425-452-4871

Agency Case Number: 94B-14226

January 2016. Unrelated article with a brief mention of Steven: http://www.bellevuereporter.com/news/365841311.html

There are currently 7 open or unsolved homicides and 10 long-term missing person cases in Bellevue dating back to 1949. They include the disappearances of Jaillet, Elizabeth Eisel, Steven Needham, Ruey-Ming Chen, Patrick Hoogen, Nancy Estrada, Eugene Wekesa, Mansoor Riaz, Metalwala and Samson Mikailians, as well as the murders of Loren Sundholm, Mark Biggerstaff, Jessie Barber, Mary Larsen, James Barry, Judy Nealey, Faye Monwai and Alexandre Samoilov.

I just checked and couldn't find an address for the Pioneer Mental Health facility in Bellevue, looks like it doesn't even exist anymore these days. I had a look at Bellevue via Google Maps...there are quite a few big(ger) parks...maybe he went to one, took his own life and his remains have never been found. I know that young schizophrenic people have a pretty high suicide rate.

Please welcome Kat N. Hargrove who has just joined and has been verified as a family member of Steven's. They will be along shortly to share their knowledge about this case.

Please treat Kat N. Hargrove with respect at all times. VIs are not required to provide links to what they state as fact about a case. If you ask a question they are not comfortable with answering or are not able to answer for whatever reason, please don't badger them for answers. If you disagree with something a VI has to say, please just move on without arguing with them or challenging them.

Thank you to Kat N. Hargrove for being here to share what you know about Steven's disappearance, and thank you to all others who are here to discuss the case.

Last edited:
I just checked and couldn't find an address for the Pioneer Mental Health facility in Bellevue, looks like it doesn't even exist anymore these days. I had a look at Bellevue via Google Maps...there are quite a few big(ger) parks...maybe he went to one, took his own life and his remains have never been found. I know that young schizophrenic people have a pretty high suicide rate.

There is a mental health facility in Skagit County called Pioneer Center North. I noticed that while the information says he's missing from Bellevue, the mental health facility he walked away from reported him missing to the Skagit County Sheriff. I wonder if Steven normally lived in Bellevue but was in Skagit County because that's where Pioneer Center is located.

I see we also have a VI in the thread now. Welcome, @Kat N. Hargrove!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back