CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic-Timeline and Media Thread **NO DISCUSSION**

Ghostwheel

Pyrrhonist
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Time lines (From Seajay)

8/26 (Mon.) - Bryce goes to class. The mother states she had a “good normal conversation” with him.

The report then says that the family has a photo taken of him that afternoon in which he appears happy.

8/27 (Tues.) - Bryce's girlfriend notes that he is acting weird and he then admits he took some ADHD medication.

8/28 (Wed.) The next day, the following occurs:

10:00 p.m. - Wednesday - Bryce reportedly tries to break up with his girlfriend. Friends, concerned about his behavior, take away his car keys.

10:30 p.m. Wednesday - Karen Laspisa tells the friends, by phone, to return the keys to her son after she speaks to him. He tells her: “I have a lot to talk to you about.”

11:30 p.m. Wednesday - Bryce Laspisa leaves Chico.

8/29 (Thurs.)

9:00 a.m. Thursday - Bryce runs out of gas near the Buttonwillow Rest Area, west of Bakersfield.

12:00 p.m. Thursday - a roadside assistance serviceman named Christian delivers three gallons of gasoline to Bryce, according to a $20 credit card purchase for the fuel. “He’s not answering his phone (at this time),” his mother said.

12:30 p.m. Thursday - Karen Laspisa calls serviceman Christian and asks about her son. He tells her he appears “OK” but adds: “His eyes look a little red.” Bryce does not answer his cell phone.

9:00 p.m. Thursday - responding to a call from the mother - CHP officers stop and search Bryce’s car spotted on Lagoon Drive in Buttonwillow. Some reports say they searched for drugs or alcohol but found none. The mom told John and Ken that the police spent 20 minutes with her son.

Shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday - Karen speaks to her son on the phone and asks: “What are you doing?” His response, she said, is: “I’m going to hang with friends later.”

11:00 p.m. Thursday - Bryce tells his mother he’s buying a beverage at a gas station. A purchase is made for $1.71, she said.
Shortly after midnight Thursday - “He tells me he’s on the I-5 south but he’s telling me nothing,” she said.

As per Uncle dragracerz-Bryce bought $39 worth of gas at the Valero Station on Lagoon Drive in Buttonwillow.

8/30 - (Fri.)

1:50 a.m. Friday - Bryce, by phone, tells the mother that he “had detoured off I-5 but was back on the I-5.”

2:08 a.m. Friday - Karen Laspisa talks to her son for the last time. He tells her his GPS tells him he will arrive in Laguna Niguel in three hours and 25 minutes. “He told me ‘I got off the I-5 and I’m in a suburban area. I’m going to sleep in my car.’”

2:08 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. Friday - Bryce makes three trips to the crash site – the last trip ending with the crash, according to what his mother described as surveillance footage captured by cameras set up near Castaic Lake.

5:30 a.m. Friday - CHP officers locate his overturned SUV on a paved access road that leads to the Castaic Lake Main Boat ramp, at the bottom of a 15-foot ravine, on its side, with its rear window smashed. Although he left the valuables – laptop, cell phone and wallet – a duffle bag is found at the rear of the car and zipped open, prompting investigators to suspect he took something from it. He walked back from his car to a nearby lake after the crash, it appears.

9/4/13 (Wed.) - A burning body is found in the Lake Castaic area.

http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/104116/
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=9235339
http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/104204/
Quote:
Here is a paraphrased timeline from the article cited in my previous post. Notice that the beginning of the timeline does not make sense and may be a typo.

Wed 1:30pm
Announces he is breaking up with GF.
Mother offers to fly up. He declined says he has "a lot to talk about" with mother.

Wed 10pm
Left Sierra College to go home

Wed 11:30pm
Called roadside assistance from Buttonwillow. (1.5 hours is impossible to travel such distance)
???
Roadside assistance checks him at mother's request. Is fine, but eyes are a little red.
???
Roadside assistance (some other articles say Kern County PD) checked again. He is now 5 miles away from the rest stop after having been there for 10 hours.
Thu 10:30pm
"I'm just chilling. I'm going to hang with friends later."

Thu 11:00pm
Buys a drink from a Shell gas station near Buttonwillow (he is still there)

Fri 12:50am
No answer to call.

Fri 1:50am
Answered. Says there are no lights and cannot see any signs.

Fri 2:08am
Tells mother he is pulling off I-5 to sleep.

Fri Some time 4:20am - 5:15am
Bryce's car is in an accident.

Fri 8:00am
CHP asks parents if their car was stolen.

Tue 6:04am
911 call received about brush fire 3 miles north of Lake Hughes Rd.

Tue 6:22am
Firefighters reach the fire and discover a burning body.
Thursday 9:am Bryce ran out of gas and called roadside assistance from the Buttonwillow Rest Area west of Bakersfield, a fact confirmed by the credit card company.

Thursday 12pm a roadside assistance serviceman named Christian delivers three gallons of gasoline to Bryce, according to a $20 credit card purchase for the fuel. “He’s not answering his phone (at this time),” his mother said.

Thursday 12:30pm Karen Laspisa calls serviceman Christian and asks about her son. He tells her he appears “OK” but adds: “His eyes look a little red.” Bryce does not answer his cell phone.

Thursday 9pm responding to a call from the mother, CHP officers stop and search Bryce’s car spotted on Lagoon Drive in Buttonwillow. “Something happened in the whole 10 hours he was around there,” she said. This may be the time at which he was considered missing with police first but then taken off that list.

Thursday 10pm Karen speaks to her son on the phone and asks: “What are you doing?” His response, she said, is: “I’m going to hang with friends later.” Thirty minutes later, he bought a $1.71 beverage from a Shell gas station near Buttonwillow exit on the corner of Tracey Ave and Lagoon Dr. According to Uncle dragracerz he also bought $39 worth of gas at a Valero Gas station.

*Poster Note: My post should have stated that the gas station he got gas at was near the rest stop, not the truck stop. His mom said it was the Oasis Valero (not the Shell, which is where he got the drink and is also by the truck stop) that he put gas in his car at 12:30pm on Thursday and it was 5 miles away from where the police found him by the truck stop. She stated that several hours after he got the 3 gallons of gas the man who brought him the gas went back to check on him and he was in the same location, which means that he got gas and then went back to the same spot at the rest stop.

Friday 12:30 am parents tried calling him but got no answer

Friday 1:50am Bryce’s parents reached him and he had said he was driving on the I-5 but could not see any signs, she said.

Friday 2:08 am last call to parents, was tired and going to pullover to rest. “He told me ‘I got off the I-5 and I’m in a suburban area. I’m going to sleep in my car,’” said Karen Laspisa (mother) “I told him to call me when he got up the next morning.”
He never called

Between 2:08 a.m. and 5 a.m. Friday - Bryce makes three trips to the crash site – the last trip ending with the crash, according to what his mother described as surveillance footage captured by cameras set up near Castaic Lake.

The crash had to happen between 4:20 a.m. and 5:15 a.m, It had gone down a 15-foot ravine nose first and landed on the passenger side. Bryce (or someone) has used an emergency tool to break the back window

Friday 5:30 am officers of the California Highway Patrol found his 2003 Toyota Highlander SUV on its side.

From: http://www.ocnewsmap.com/dat/crime/laguna_niguel.html
D: 13-169947
Missing adult. 7:15 p.m. Thursday, Aug 29. 25200 block of San Michele.
Description
9:33 p.m.: DEP HERNANDEZ FROM KERN CO SHERIFF`S HAS FOUND SUBJECT BRYCE AT A HOTEL AT HWY 58//FWY 5 SUBJECT SAID THAT HE WAS ON HIS WAY TO VISIT A FRIEND DEP STATED SUBJECT IS NO FURTHER ASSISTANCE NEEDED AND NOTHING WRONG WITH HIM SUBJECT WAS TOLD TO CONTACT HIS FAMILY AND ADV OF LOCATION [8/29/2013 21:05:53 : pos3 : HARKEYJA] [Cleared with unit 442] [8/29/2013 20:57:23 : pos14 : MADRIGALT] JENNIFER FROM KERN CO SHERIFF WILL HAVE A DEPUTY DRIVE BY LOCATION OF PINGED LOCATION (TRUCK STOP) [8/29/2013 20:56:11 : pos3 : HARKEYJA] Unit : 442 MALE WHITE 511 170 RED HAIR AND BLUE EYES [8/29/2013 20:49:25 : pos3 : HARKEYJA] <[8/29/2013 20:48:45] *PHILLIPSJR> Can we get the local PD Do a drive by for a 2003, Sand colored Toyota Highlander 6VXN536. [8/29/2013 20:44:48 : pos14 : MADRIGALT] PER BRAD AT&T;, CODE#1394142....35 24 08.781N, 119 23 52.599W WITHIN 271 METERS, AREA OF 27700 LAGOON DR. BUTTONWILLOW, CA....LOCATION IS REAL TIME, AT&T; PINGED PHONE TWICE AND CAME UP TO THE SAME LOCATION [8/29/2013 20:25:00 : pos14 : MADRIGALT] VIA TELEPHONE, 18-442 REQUEST(S)/REQUIRED PING OF 630-408-3355...SPOKE TO NICOLE AT AT&T; AND WILL FAX FORMS TO PING CELL PHONE...LAST HEARD FROM SUBJECT AT 1230 8-29-2013 [8/29/2013 19:27:59 : pos3 : HARKEYJA] UNIT ADVISED TO COPY MDC [8/29/2013 19:16:49 : pos9 : CEValdivia] Cross streets: PADRINO// NBH: 951J1 92677 33.55548,-117.68859 MILANO COMPLEX 930 (SEE THE MAN) REFERENCE HIS 19yo SON

Travel times vs Bryce Times

Wed. 11:30 pm-Left Chico for Laguna Niguel.

Thurs. 9 am-called roadside assistance for gasoline in Buttonwillow.

Google maps travel time: 5 hr. 43 minutes.
Bryce travel time: 9.5 hours.
Approximately 3.5 hours unaccounted for

Thurs. 9 am-in Buttonwillow waiting for gas, getting gas at noon.
9 pm-talks to CHP in welfare check in Buttonwillow
Fri. 1:50 am-talks to mom, didn't answer phone at 12:30am when Mom called.
*Tells mom he doesn't see any signs*
Fri. 2:08 am-tells mom he's pulling over to sleep.

Google maps-Buttonwillow to Castaic-1 hr. 27 minutes
Bryce time: Approx 2 hours. (when he left Castaic is sketchy)
Approximately 17 hours unaccounted for

Saturday 2:08-4:30-Seen on video cam passing through twice
Crash happened after 4 am.

Approximately 2.5 hours unaccounted for

Total time unaccounted for: 23 hours.

Had he continued, Laguna Niguel is 1 hour, 42 minutes from Castaic.

Travel times vs Bryce Times

Wed. 11:30 pm-Left Chico for Laguna Niguel.

Thurs. 9 am-called roadside assistance for gasoline in Buttonwillow.

Google maps travel time: 5 hr. 43 minutes.
Bryce travel time: 9.5 hours.
Approximately 3.5 hours unaccounted for

Thurs. 9 am-in Buttonwillow waiting for gas, getting gas at noon.
9 pm-talks to CHP in welfare check in Buttonwillow
Fri. 1:50 am-talks to mom, didn't answer phone at 12:30am when Mom called.
*Tells mom he doesn't see any signs*
Fri. 2:08 am-tells mom he's pulling over to sleep.

Google maps-Buttonwillow to Castaic-1 hr. 27 minutes
Bryce time: Approx 2 hours. (when he left Castaic is sketchy)
Approximately 17 hours unaccounted for

Saturday 2:08-4:30-Seen on video cam passing through twice
Crash happened after 4 am.

Approximately 2.5 hours unaccounted for

Total time unaccounted for: 23 hours.

Had he continued, Laguna Niguel is 1 hour, 42 minutes from Castaic.

Thanks for your hard work, too, SeaJay!

:tyou:

The original timeline needs to be modified. Mom states (at approximately 8 minutes 50 seconds into the below KFI interview) that his credit card records state he purchased gas at 12:30pm on Thursday at the Oasis Valero Gas Station in Buttonwillow (which, she states, is 5 miles away from the truck stop/Lagoon Drive area.)

http://www.kfiam640.com/articles/local-news-465708/castaic-body-update-11628535/

Attached is the updated timeline. Supporting links, where available, are also included.

It made most sense to me to publish it as a pdf as you all would be able to copy data if you so desire. As a pdf, you will have to either choose to open it or save it to your hard drive, both options use Adobe Reader.

Please let me know of any additions/deletions/modifications, and/or format/posting suggestions as to how it might be easier for you all to view/use. Thx!

Attachments

• _BL Case Timeline.pdf
    371.5 KB · Views: 105
Hi Guys - we are in thread 5 here, so I'm taking a short cut. Can anyone point me to the maps that you all might have pulled together for Bryce's travels? I've looked in the Media/timeline thread but I didn't see any that made their way up there.

Thanks!

Salem

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...=lake+hughes+Rd&t=h&mra=dme&mrsp=3&sz=15&z=15

In a nut shell.

1. Left Chico area 11:30 Pm Wednesday night.
  2. Ran out of gas at Buttonwillow I5 South rest stop 9:00 AM Thursday morning.
  3. Hanging in the area of Buttonwillow 12:00 PM-12:00 AM
  4. 12:00 AM Friday Heading I5 South
  5. 2:08 AM - 5:00 AM Enters Antenna site off of Lake Hughes Dr. Car ends up on side, on Road below Antenna site.

http://www.californiasgreatestlakes....ishing_map.png

castaic_lake_fishing_map.png

I'm not sure about him but I've been up there. Bryce could not have turned onto Main ramp road from lake Hughes rd because there is a gate that is closed at night. Instead he drove up about 100 yards or so and pulled in between the gaurd rails to where the gates tower is. Whatever happened made the car roll down the hill and land on Main ramp road. Which is the road that would have let him down to the ramp.

Circle=cell tower/break in the gaurd rails/ where he pulled in
Square= around where the car landed. I don't know the exact locating but it was near this.
Arrow= the gate that is closed at night.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 166
Screen shot of red tail light type material, glass and lighter.

Attachments

• ScreenShotNBCRedPlasticandGlass.jpg
    ScreenShotNBCRedPlasticandGlass.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 172
Picture Riverking21 took at the accident site.

Attachments

• Bryce accident 1.jpg
    Bryce accident 1.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Bryce accident 2.jpg
    Bryce accident 2.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 107
  • Bryce accident 3.jpg
    Bryce accident 3.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Bryce accident 4.jpg
    Bryce accident 4.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 108
  • Bryce accident 5.jpg
    Bryce accident 5.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 111
4/3/14 NapervilleSun: Holding on to hope

... “We still have hope even though there has been no news for a while following a number of false sightings and the fact that the investigator asked us to cut down the postings on Facebook,” David said. “We need to keep this fresh and make sure the awareness is there. Someone has seen something and knows what happened, and all it takes is just that one person.”...

“My theories on what happened have changed,” David said. “There was a time when I thought being abducted and being held somewhere or possibly something with child trafficking was number three on the list, but those theories have been moving slowly to the top.” ...

Those with any tips or information about Laspisa are urged to call a dedicated hotline at 949-292-4400.

http://napervillesun.suntimes.com/news/laspisa-NAP-03022014:article

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back