CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
Missing Teen's Car Is Found Overturned In Castaic

http://hometownstation.com/santa-clarita-news/missing-teens-car-found-overturned-castaic-37484

https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA?ref=stream

1240648_620106978033709_749536956_n.jpg

Verified Insiders: Dragracerz and Caron

Thread #1

Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat

From Thread #4, what's in and what's out:

IN:
Misdemeanor drug conviction in 2012

OUT:
Supposition on additional time in supervision after the 12 months as it was not supported in original link

Rumor that his laptop was wiped. This is not from a verified source.

Supposition on who gave him money to pay for his fine for the drug conviction.

Info from Port Orford, OR Facebook that has been removed about LE possibly meeting Bryce.

Let's remember that Websleuths is victim friendly. Bryce is a victim and so is his family. We do not gossip or speculate so that if/when this young man comes home, rumors and rampant speculation meets him.

Someone posted on the Find Bryce FB page that her husband handled the bloodhounds that were brought in approx. 10 days after Bryce's truck was found and that the dogs indicated that Bryce walked (and swam?) out of the Lake area, up to Lake Hughes Road and towards I5.

(I would include a link but don't know how to for a FB post....just the general page. The comment was posted two hours ago under the "To expand on my brother Brian's update" post.)

well I am disappointed in what we've been told, but with the new evidence of Bryce's arrest I believe he is away willingly...

Will Caron's previous posts before she was a verified insider be restored?

TIA

well I am disappointed in what we've been told, but with the new evidence of Bryce's arrest I believe he is away willingly...

But he might be alive, due to this info...whereas I did not feel he was before.

Thank you very much! I was hoping you would comment. I have two questions for you, the first is the bolded section above (BBM) how do you know from the report online that he has something else to do before his charge is dismissed? (I know nothing of how to read court documents like this online or is it simply because it is still showing up online.) The second question, is there any way to tell if random drug testing would have been a condition of his supervision (or is it something that would be on a case by case basis?) Thank you in advance.

I don't know that he has to do anything else but the charge does not yet read as dismissed, which may mean he has something else to complete or just an official hearing date or maybe the system hasn't been updated yet. but it showed his supervision was completed.

As to the second question, it is possible that drug testing can be a condition of supervision, but in my experience for a misdemeanor possession charge, that is highly, highly unlikely that he would be subject to random testing. I strongly feel that is not a possibility. Marijuana is just not that big of a deal in our country and even if it was something stronger, in a such a small amount, a drug testing requirement would be unusual. That kind of thing usually happens with repeat offenders or people charged with other crimes who blame the criminal activity on drug use. Here's a link to possible conditions: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/fulltext.asp?DocName=073000050K5-6-3.1

Sorry - meant to quote the other post....still new at this....

If the possession carries a fine of $2500, then why was the fine they paid $7500 according to the link posted earlier? Seems odd the fine the court assessed in that case is so much higher.

Actually, I should have said that someone with such a charge could be fined UP TO $2,500.00. Not all cases would carry a fine up to that amount. I don't know why Bryce was supposed to pay $7,500.00. In my experience, additional charges in such case4s would be due to additional costs - not fines. Like you actually have to pay to be in a diversion program and sometimes conditions of supervision include restitution for something, like if a person is arrested for fighting and maybe breaking out a car window, and they're found with pot. Perhaps all the charges will be dropped except the pot charge, as long as the person agrees to pay restitution in a certain amount, as part of a plea deal. That's the kind of thing I see happening in my law partner's criminal cases all the time.

I can tell you (as in everyone) this - this was NOT a serious charge and this kid didn't do anything major. If he had, there would be little chance of a plea downward like that. AS we all know, teens get into trouble at times. We all hope it won't be ours that do it but it happens and it doesn't mean they are bad kids or heading toward a life of crime or whatever. You should see the nice young people who come through our office. But young people can be very stupid and make mistakes. I see nothing to suggest Bryce did anything worse than disappoint his folks with that charge and the conduct that led up to it. He doesn't have the smell of a serious criminal to me AT ALL. And I see people who do on a regular basis, when I make minor appearances for my law partner. (P.S., they are usually in custody and don't make bail and I absolutely hate to go into the holding tanks or jail to see these guys. It's totally freaky and scary).

All of Caron's posts except one have been approved again. I also tried to make sure any responses were approved as well.

Here are the fines and fees explained in more detail gitana if it helps

2012CM73 LASPISA, BRYCE DLast Search | Information | Dispositions | History | Payments | Fines & Fees
Fee Due Paid Balance Due Date
Total $7500.00 $7500.00 $0.00
Clerk $70.00 $70.00 $0.00 07/17/2012
State's Atty $15.00 $15.00 $0.00 07/17/2012
Court $25.00 $25.00 $0.00 07/17/2012
Automation $15.00 $15.00 $0.00 07/17/2012
Violent Crime $252.00 $252.00 $0.00 07/17/2012
Judicial Security $25.00 $25.00 $0.00 07/17/2012
Drug Enforcement $5413.00 $5413.00 $0.00 07/17/2012
Probation $480.00 $480.00 $0.00 07/17/2012
Document Storage $15.00 $15.00 $0.00 07/17/2012
Anti-Crime Fund $20.00 $20.00 $0.00 07/17/2012
Drug Assessment $300.00 $300.00 $0.00 07/17/2012
Lab Analysis $100.00 $100.00 $0.00 07/17/2012
Trauma Center $100.00 $100.00 $0.00 07/17/2012
Lump Sum Surcharge $630.00 $630.00 $0.00 07/17/2012
State Police Ops $15.00 $15.00 $0.00 07/17/2012
Drug Traf Prevent $25.00 $25.00 $0.00 07/17/2012

https://www.judici.com/courts/cases...J&ocl=IL078015J,2012CM73,IL078015JL2012CM73D1

They are the fines incurred by BL...you can see them broken out if you go to the link of the case.

Tried that, keep getting an error message. But thank you for clarification. Trauma center? Violent crime? :scared:

ETA: I'll try in a different browser. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie