Reaction score
Sherry Elizabeth Roach, 17, Missing 8 June 1976 from San Mateo County, CA

Sherry Elizabeth Roach
Missing since June 8, 1976 from San Mateo County, California
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: February 5, 1959
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes. Glasses.
DNA: Available
Photo at link below

Circumstances of Disappearance

Sherry was last seen on June 8, 1976 when she left the halfway house she was living at to take the bus to work.

She has not been seen since.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

San Mateo Police Department
650-363-4000

Agency Case Number: 950704006

Source Information:
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Namus
The Doe Network: Case File 2989DFCA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2989dfca.html

SERoach.jpg
SRoach1.jpg

Hello to whom this many concern. There's a possibility that Sherry is the Unidentified Woman accompanying this Jane Doe found in Nashville in 1976.

Both women claimed to be from a institution for drug rehab. Sherry was last seen in San Mateo California when she left a "halfway house" which is another term for rehab.

Link to the Jane Doe case: https://www.documentingreality.com/...76-nashville-found-near-harpeth-river-158998/

I believe Sherry's mother is still around (she certainly was in 2011 when she commented on a story at http://www.tulsapeople.com/Tulsa-People/October-2010/Cold-case/?cparticle=4&siarticle=3 identifying herself as the mother and asking about a national cold case file). She is an artist and seems to have lived in the bohemian scene in California (her second husband was a jazz musician). This may suggest Sherry was fairly self sufficient and could have known how to go off grid.

Hello to whom this many concern. There's a possibility that Sherry is the Unidentified Woman accompanying this Jane Doe found in Nashville in 1976.

Both women claimed to be from a institution for drug rehab. Sherry was last seen in San Mateo California when she left a "halfway house" which is another term for rehab.

Link to the Jane Doe case: https://www.documentingreality.com/...76-nashville-found-near-harpeth-river-158998/

Wondering about the time line:

Details About Jane Doe 1976
  • Date Found: Mar 24, 1976
  • Location Found: Nashville, TN
  • Estimated Age: 14-17
  • Sex: Female
  • Race: White
  • Hair: Black
  • Eye: Brown
  • Estimated Height 5'2"
  • Estimated Weight 120 to 130 lbs

SHERRY ELIZABETH ROACH Age Progression
Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Feb 5, 1959 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Jun 8, 1976 Race: White
Age Now: 59 Height: 5'5" (165 cm)
Missing City: SAN MATEO Weight: 115 lbs (52 kg)
Missing State : CA Hair Color: Brown
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Blue
Case Number: NCMC800711
Circumstances: Sherry's photo is shown age-progressed to 55 years. She was last seen on June 8, 1976. Sherry may wear glasses.

Circumstances: Sherry's photo is shown age-progressed to 55 years. She was last seen on June 8, 1976. Sherry may wear glasses.

On March 24, 1976 the female victim was found in the Harpeth River in Davidson County, TN. The decedent had been deceased less than 24 hours. According to police, the cause of death was drowning.

Just I don't know about Sherry prior to or after March 24th 1976 .

File updated and additional picture of Sherry
Sherry Elizabeth Roach – The Charley Project

roach_sherry2.jpg

Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (Caucasian/Native American) female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Sherry wears eyeglasses. She has pockmarks, possibly acne scars, on her face.

She is biracial instead of white!

Does someone see what kind of necklace she is wearing? May not be useful but you never know.

Attachments

• necklace sherry.JPG
    necklace sherry.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Missing San Mateo Teen Sherry Roach Cold Case Revived With Image Of Person Of Interest

PmaJYbj.png

SAN MATEO (CBS SF) — Police released new information Thursday seeking help in solving the 44-year-old cold case of Sherry Roach, a missing teen with ties to the Peninsula and North Bay communities.

San Mateo Police released a photograph of a man standing next to Sherry Roach, a 17-year-old girl who went missing in San Mateo in 1976. Investigators characterized the African American man, who appears in the photograph to be in his 20s, as an unidentified person of interest.

Detective Tom Paulin uncovered the photo taken before Sherry went missing. She did not like to take pictures, so it was even more unusual to see a picture of her with a man a few year older.

They heard rumors of a boyfriend, but none of the family members recognized the man.

Link to the Jane Doe case: Jane Doe 1976 From Nashville, Found Near Harpeth River

Not that it really matters, but a halfway house is generally where someone might go after rehab to regain a more "normal" or regimented lifestyle. But it's not a rehab, per se.

CRIME HUNTER: Gruesome cold case murder still chills
''DID MYSTERY MAN KILL TEEN IN ’76?

Detectives have released a new photograph and information they hope will solve the 1976 disappearance of a California teen.

Among the items San Mateo cops released was a photo of a mystery man with Sherry Roach who had ties to the Bay Area.

She was 17 when she disappeared.

The black man in the photo — believed to be in his 20s — is characterized as a person of interest in the case.

cold-case-pix-e1582317982513.jpg

Do you know who the mystery man is with Sherry Roach who vanished in 1976. SAN MATEO POLICE
“Maybe she is still alive, which I’m hoping for,” her brother Jerry Roach told reporters. “But I know it’s doubtful, ’cause I think if she was alive, she would have contacted me. Gives me hope to just give us all closure.”

He said as youngsters growing up in a violent home, the siblings were close. But one day she left and moved around area foster and group homes.

And then she vanished.

Det. Tom Paulin uncovered the photo taken before Sherry went missing.''

I'm just going to post this. The man on the picture with Sherry might be totally innocent. I hope he will be identified to shed some light on her case.

Then I came across this picture. He was a man once living with Cassandra Rhines, missing since 1985 and her body identified in 2015. Cassandra Rhines

At the picture: Rhines with Donald McSwain, with whom she lived with before her disappearance. He was listed as a person of interest in the case, but has since died. Of course I know that not every African-American with a hat in a picture with a woman is the same man...but somehow looking at this picture, gave me the creeps.

I'm just going to post this. The man on the picture with Sherry might be totally innocent. I hope he will be identified to shed some light on her case.

Then I came across this picture. He was a man once living with Cassandra Rhines, missing since 1985 and her body identified in 2015. Cassandra Rhines

At the picture: Rhines with Donald McSwain, with whom she lived with before her disappearance. He was listed as a person of interest in the case, but has since died. Of course I know that not every African-American with a hat in a picture with a woman is the same man...but somehow looking at this picture, gave me the creeps.

Very interesting! Wish we could magnify the pic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back