NY NY - Kenneth Coakley, 63, homeless veteran, Rochester, 29 May 2013

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Sheriff's Deputies looking for missing U.S. military veteran

[snip]

Sheriff's Deputies say 63-year-old Kenneth D. Coakley was last seen around 3:00a.m. on May 29 entering the House of Mercy on Hudson Avenue. Deputies say Coakley is homeless and frequents homeless shelters in Rochester.

http://cityliving.whec.com/news/news/223911-sheriffs-deputies-looking-missing-us-military-veteran

Monroe County Sheriff’s Office deputies are still searching for a man who went missing May 29.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20131003/NEWS01/310030032

coakleykenneth0jpg.jpg
bilde

There isn't much information on Mr. Coakley. Who saw him enter the House Of Mercy at 3:00 AM. Was he seen by the staff at 3:00AM?
This link says he has a vehicle that has been located, but doesn't say where. http://www.rochesterhomepage.net/st...meless-veteran/d/story/yqO0eC-QYEmGbe5m6Fl2Og
They don't seem to be sharing much info. He deserves more than this as a Veteran!
This is a very bad area. There are some abandoned/boarded up buildings in the area. I wonder if they have been checked.

https://www.facebook.com/monroesheriffny?filter=3

Monroe County Sheriff's Office
October 3

The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help to locate a missing man. Deputies say 63-year-old Kenneth Coakley was last seen around 3 a.m. entering the House of Mercy at 725 Hudson Avenue in the City of Rochester. Coakley is homeless and he frequents homeless shelters in the Rochester area. He suffers from a number of medical conditions. Coakley is also a U.S. military veteran. He stands roughly 5’8”, 150 pounds, with gray hair.

OMG!!!!! THIS IS MY COUSIN!!!!!! I obviously knew that he was missing but had no clue that his case had been entered on here. Tonight my grandma (his aunt and godmother) told me that she was hoping that the body found in Rochester was his because she needs it to end. I just never thought to look and see if it was here. Holy crow!!!! I have been a member on here for years but never thought to look. I feel kind of silly. If I can be of any help with questions I am willing to become a VI and help in any way.

OMG!!!!! THIS IS MY COUSIN!!!!!! I obviously knew that he was missing but had no clue that his case had been entered on here. Tonight my grandma (his aunt and godmother) told me that she was hoping that the body found in Rochester was his because she needs it to end. I just never thought to look and see if it was here. Holy crow!!!! I have been a member on here for years but never thought to look. I feel kind of silly. If I can be of any help with questions I am willing to become a VI and help in any way.

I am so sorry for what your family is going through. Please Don't be hard on yourself. Just let everybody know how we can be of help. Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Thank you. In all honesty he and I were not close. He has a lot of issues so my parents kind of kept me away from him. But he is family and he means a lot to a lot of my family. His mom is 92 years old and the spunkiest person I have ever met, I adore her. So if anyone has questions fire away and if I don't know I will ask grandma. And I should add that the general consensus in the family is that he is dead. He may have been homeless but it was by his own choice. He had a car, bank account with money in it and so on. And his bank account has not been touched by him so.....

Oh, I am so sorry. No matter if you were close or not, still tough to see. Hope he can be found and your grandma can know he is at peace. Hugs!

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. Do you have any more info on the body that was found?

Did he suffer from any mental illness? PTSD maybe? Breaks my heart when our veterans are suffering. Sorry for what your family has been through. Hope they get closure soon.

Why are they assuming he's dead?

As far as mental illness, he is bi polar.

Here is what I know about the time surrounding his disappearance. He was staying with my grandma in the town that we live in called Lakeville, it is about 40 miles outside of Rochester, and let's just say that he made some bad decisions and he was asked to leave. He went into Rochester to his ex-wife's house. They divorced several years ago but were still friends. He stayed with her for a few days then one day he left on foot and when he didn't come back his ex reported him missing. He left his car (it was in good running order and had a full tank of gas) and has not touched his bank account which has a little over $1000.00 in it. No one knew about the homeless shelters until the police told us.
The reason that we think that he is dead is because of a few reasons. First of all the "bad decisions" he was making caused him to hang with a less than savory crowd. The area of Rochester that he was last spotted in is a rough area and if you are into the stuff that Ken was into you could easily get into trouble. Secondly, he was into stuff so deeply that if he was alive he would have cleared out his bank account by now. Third, we have a tradition here for July 3rd. Everyone who lives around the lake (my grandma does) light sparklers and flares on their docks (called the ring of fire) and everyone in the town gathers around the lake and does pig roasts, BBQ, water sports, drinks and pretty much just an entire town party. It's a HUGE deal here and there are usually 70+ people at grandma's house alone. Ken never showed up. We have an incredibly large family (he has 8 brothers and sisters) and no one has heard a peep.

Go ahead and ask any questions.

Is there a Missing poster for him? I can post copies in our local food cupboards.

Believe it or not there is not a poster that we know of. Does anyone know how to get one made up?

praying he is found, and justice is swift if necessary....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I hope he is in a shelter or at a friend's house somewhere and that he can find his way. I don't imagine he wanted his retirement to be like this.

So sorry your grandma and family are going thru this.

I think you can make posters or fliers yourself. I don't know what software to use or if there are free versions online, I'm lind of clueless about things like that. Perhaps someone in the family support area can help. I think your best bet would be to get his picture into the local shelters.

SpongeBathHotPants-
I am so sorry that your family is going through this.
My dad is a veteran. Cases like this really get to me.
Sending you and your family love.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back