Status
Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
ht_jacob_wetterling2_091021_mn.jpg

11-year-old Jacob Wetterling was riding bicycles with his brother and a friend in St. Joseph, Minnesota on October 22, 1989 when they were approached by an unknown man with a gun. The man let the other boys go, but grabbed Jacob and walked away with him. Jacob has never been heard from again.

Jacob on NamUs
NCMEC
Charley Project
Facebook
AMW
Jacob Wetterling Resource Center - http://www.jwrc.org/

Jacob Wetterling SAR and Map Thread - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

MN MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, 22 Oct 1989 ***MEDIA THREAD***NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

MN MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, 22 Oct 1989 ***CASE FACTS***NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Previous threads:
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5

"This guy was very aggressive, very commanding, almost like a military man"

“The man’s pants were baggy… like cargo pants, possibly military-issued”

The perpetrator of the Cold Spring and St. Joseph abductions had a history of military service. This rules out Dan Rassier and several other 'persons of interest.'

The perpetrator of the Cold Spring and St. Joseph abductions had a history of military service. This rules out Dan Rassier and several other 'persons of interest.'

How so? Anyone can buy military type clothing at a surplus or sporting good store.

CGorg wrote:
A note of frustration: has anyone else felt they've reached a wall or a threshold? I seem to have run out of ideas. Where to turn with so many possibilites? I know the truth lies beyond this threshold but do not know how to get there. If DR is the perp, then what is required beyond what is known to prove this? And if DR is not the perp, then how to sift through the myriad maze of possible perps? I wish I had something of substance to contribute but at this point given all that I have read + researched I have nothing more...and more is required to solve this mystery. I am not giving up...just thinking that deeper digging may be required. Hopefully other Websleuthers will uncover some unturned stones which will lead the way. Meanwhile, I will still be thinking as October 22 approaches.

Keep on chugging away! As a group we've uncovered a lot of old information, suggested several theories, and debated lots of topics. Also, Joy's blog has brought to light a lot of new information. I would say the last 12 months have been highly productive, and we should set a goal that Jacob's abduction be solved by it's 25th anniversary.

How can you state that Jared's abductor had a history of military service? Jared has discounted the info that the perp wore camo pants. Even if he did, as Shergal pointed out anyone can get camo pants.

I'm not suggesting that DR was involved with Jared's case, I just don't see how this statement rules him out. I personally do not think that Jared's and Jacob's cases are related, just MO.

You could make the equal argument that the man was LE as many departments adopted the SWAT or Military BDU uniform in black as a major cost savings over custom uniforms. And LE are trained to use a "command presence" voice.

It should be noted that BDU uniforms pants are available from many outlets and mail order. Black "cargo pants" can also be mistaken for BDU's.

Black is only used by LE, SWAT and Security firms. The Army has always used OD green, jungle pattern, cammo pattern and now digital. The Air Force and Navy also use a digital pattern in either greens or blues.

I posted this in the last thread, but I think Jared and Jacob's cases are related due to the unique choice of words that the perp used in both cases - "Don't look back or I'll shoot".

Would anyone be willing to type up the list of suspects and basic facts that both include and exclude each of them?

I almost wonder if this case should get it's own forum on here....it's probably too old of a case for that though ?

A teacher better have a commanding presence or they will be toast with the kids.

I think the " Don't look back or I will shoot, " is totally a cliche phrase. I would expect,that phrase in many mystery and action thriller books. Nothing interesting about that phrase to me.

With all of the perverts listed on here, there sure are enough to go around for plenty of crime.

And those are only the ones that are caughtt

Really SelTel? Ruling out DR in this case is alot like saying the pope doesn't believe in God!

The characteristics of Dan Rassier’s voice are a matter of public record, captured in various recorded interviews as recently as 2013. Listen for yourself. He has been described as “soft spoken” and ”well liked by the kids” in the Rocori school district. There are no public descriptions of him having a “commanding presence” by students or by anyone else.

The fixation in this forum on Dan Rassier is simply the result of frustration at not having any resolution in the Jacob Wetterling case, and disinclination or inability to undertake actual research by most people who post here. The few occasions in which someone has undertaken true research in this forum have almost always resulted in identification of men other than Dan Rassier as potential, if not downright realistic, suspects. But true research is time-consuming and takes effort, and it is not long before this forum returns its focus primarily to Dan Rassier.

There are several men who have abducted and sexually assaulted boys in Minnesota before and after October, 1989, but this forum makes no mention of them. Why?

Get off of Dan Rassier and get on to the task of performing real research if you truly care about explaining the Jacob Wetterling abduction.

SelTel - can you take me up on my request to list out some potential suspects?

Also, I think it was in the last thread you had posted a picture of the suspect sketch along with a picture of someone else's eyes (that looked eerily similar to the sketch). You never said who the eyes belong to. Care to share? Maybe that will help the rest of us begin to focus on other suspects

SelTel,

Actually DR"S voice sounds alot like he has a cold or something so don't confuse Jared & Jacobs cases. The voice in Jacob's case was described as sounding like he had a cold or something.

While I wouldn't necessarily rule out DR as a possible suspect, he is not the only person to focus on. The only evidence we have is on that driveway. That is what we have to look at. Had this not happened in DR's driveway, I don't think anyone would have given him a second thought. JMO.

I am not focused on anyone. I work from the evidence the prints provide, and so far, LE is not sharing.

If I had been on site when the prints were located and a pair of each POI's shoes, I could tell you if it is one of them or none of them. Failing that, If I had good photographs, plaster casts and a pair of each POI's shoes I could narrow the field a bit.

Everything other than the first hand accounts and the print evidence has evaporated into thin air and time.

While I wouldn't necessarily rule out DR as a possible suspect, he is not the only person to focus on. The only evidence we have is on that driveway. That is what we have to look at. Had this not happened in DR's driveway, I don't think anyone would have given him a second thought. JMO.

I would seem out of the norm for someone to commit such a crime right in their own driveway knowing that LE would be all over the place in short order and a search warrant would most likely be forthcoming.

What I get stuck on is that the two other boys did not hear a car. Perhaps in their panic and stress of the moment, they missed it.

I agree Tracker that it's out of the norm for someone to commit such a crime at the end of their own driveway but that mostly applies if it were well thought out in advance. This was a crime that was spur of the moment since no one knew the boys would be out that night since it was a last second decision on their part before convincing Dad on the phone to let them go. Also no vehicles were seen by the boys on scene and also didn't see any vehicles on the way back pass by them either. DR no doubt was thinking the police would be all over the property searching and showing up with various search warrants which is why he made the 911 call playing dumb about seeing flashlights out by his woodpile and he also placed vehicles on the scene by saying he saw them in his driveway. He was in defense mode in my opinion. The police quickly ruled out a vehicle being used after Kevin's story...and by saying that it's not because they did it out of convenience...they don't do that with a 20 plus year old case. I'm sure they were very thorough and believe me they want to solve this as much as anyone. Now we've all discussed it's obvious they have much more info than what has been released but yet they still name DR as a POI and can't eliminate him as a suspect. It's very telling in my opinion. I also have a friend that is in behavioral science for a university and he's studied all the past videos of DR and in every one there are several tell tale signs that he picks up on that says he's lying. Granted it's nothing that can be proven but there are too many obvious things that point straight to DR so he will never be ruled out until it's solved period.

I am wondering Sel Tel why you are so scolding on here.

You have not provided one thing except taunts.

As a retired teacher I can promise you if you are not a commanding presence, children will eat you alive. And I do not mean you have to be authoritarian. But you better exude that you are confidant.

Teachers have a way about us. We are used to being in charge. We are used to making hundreds of decisions a minute. We have to.

Soft spoken has nothing to do with having a commanding presence.

I agree that DR is still a strong POI. He mentioned in one of his interviews that he "helped search" the buildings on his property that night when they arrived. So does that mean that he searched a building and told the police it was clear and they took is word for it?! Very possible.

Also, he was allowed the leave the property the next day with a bunch of stuff in his car and no one even searched it! Unreal. And they didn't actually search his residence for 5 days, I believe.

So many mistakes and blunders in this case. So frustrating.

If you look at post 1095 in the last thread (picture of detective spraying prints) and you change the contrast, it almost looks like there is a trail of prints going behind him, and looking at the top view Google pictures some of you have posted, would that not take them towards a driveway? Little hard to get my bearing without being on site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni