Crimewatch Reconstruction 14.10.13 2100GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluttershy

Reaction score
Please note, I'm not sure if the videos in links will be viewable by those overseas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01jmdk7

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...deleine-McCann-to-be-shown-on-Crimewatch.html

A full reconstruction lasting 25 minutes will feature in the Crimewatch programme, which airs on Monday at 9pm.

In another clip, the McCanns are asked how often they think of their daughter, who went missing when she was three years old in May 2007 from a holiday apartment as her parents dined at a nearby tapas restaurant with friends.

Mr McCann says: "When it's a special occasion, when you should be your happiest and Madeleine's not there, that's when it really hits home. Obviously, Madeleine's birthday goes without saying."

Mrs McCann adds: "It's when you have big family occasions really. That's it isn't it? 'Family occasion' and you haven't got your complete family."

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/oct/13/madeleine-mccann-new-pictures-police

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/video/2013/oct/13/madeline-mccann-new-appeal-reconstruction-video

A number of efits are to be shown during Monday night's episode of BBC Crimewatch in a bid to identify the men and eliminate innocent sightings, Scotland Yard said.

A short video clip has been released ahead of the broadcast showing a reconstructed scene of Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry playing tennis.

Madeleine, dressed in pink shorts, a pink T-shirt and pink hat, runs across the court, clutching a batch of tennis balls.

A full reconstruction lasting 25 minutes will feature in the programme, which airs on Monday night at 9pm.

An incident room will be staffed during Monday's appeal and the days that follow, when the appeal moves to Holland and Germany.

A dedicated call centre will also be opened at Hendon, north-west London.

Redwood and his team recently revealed that a vast log of mobile phone traffic could be the key to finding out what happened to Madeleine.

article-0-18B3E95C00000578-39_634x475.jpg

In another clip, the McCanns are asked how often they think of their daughter, who went missing when she was three years old in May 2007 from a holiday apartment as her parents dined at a nearby tapas restaurant with friends.

Mr McCann says: "When it's a special occasion, when you should be your happiest and Madeleine's not there, that's when it really hits home. Obviously, Madeleine's birthday goes without saying."

Mrs McCann adds: "It's when you have big family occasions really. That's it isn't it? 'Family occasion' and you haven't got your complete family."

Well I can't believe that the McCanns are happy with this bit of reporting (accurate or not.) What were they asked, specifically? If they were really asked how often they think about her and the response is that yeah, we think of her on her birthday and family celebrations it makes them sound like they're so over her already. Perhaps the question was worded or understood to relate more to when thinking about her is the hardest or something like that.

IDK... It's just that when parents of missing children talk about how often they think about the disappeared child I am more used to them saying they think about him every day. They're saying they've suffered a lot of emotional damages so thinking about Madeleine once a year on her birthday and special occasions doesn't really fit that picture. Perhaps they said something else and this is just horrible reporting.
An incident room will be staffed during Monday's appeal and the days that follow, when the appeal moves to Holland and Germany.

A dedicated call centre will also be opened at Hendon, north-west London.

But I thought that Jane Tanner said that the abductor didn't look like a tourist? Why is this appeal centered on Holland, Germany and Britain?

I am not holding my breath sadly. I mean it would be totally obvious to anyone to check the timeline from the time the parents LEFT the apartment. They left at 8.30 and she was checked again until about 9.15 ample time for someone to take her, BUT THEN gerry said he saw her at 9.15. IF someone was hanging about watching them go out surely then is the time to act and remove the child......

There is lots of material about Madeleine with her parents.

A nightmare reconstructed: New video of Madeleine's last hours with her parents is released as McCanns launch Crimewatch appeal to find their missing daughter six years after she disappeared
Footage to be aired on episode of BBC Crimewatch tomorrow night
Programme will include a reenactment of tennis game with her parents
E-fits of men seen in and around Praia da Luz will also be released
Scotland Yard says it is the most detailed reconstruction yet

A reconstruction of the moments leading up to Madeleine McCann's disappearance is to be aired tomorrow night in a renewed bid to find her five years after she went missing.
A full re-enactment lasting 25 minutes will be shown during the special episode of BBC Crimewatch, including a game of tennis she played with her parents.

article-2456929-18B4B4C600000578-93_634x473.jpg

Disappeared: A bed similar to the one Madeline was last seen in will be shown

Perhaps it's just me being dumb but I have no idea how knowing what kind of a bed she slept in is going to help anyone help find her.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...launches-Crimewatch-appeal.html#ixzz2hc9NUGos
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

There is lots of material about Madeleine with her parents.

A nightmare reconstructed: New video of Madeleine's last hours with her parents is released as McCanns launch Crimewatch appeal to find their missing daughter six years after she disappeared
Footage to be aired on episode of BBC Crimewatch tomorrow night
Programme will include a reenactment of tennis game with her parents
E-fits of men seen in and around Praia da Luz will also be released
Scotland Yard says it is the most detailed reconstruction yet

article-2456929-18B4B4C600000578-93_634x473.jpg

Perhaps it's just me being dumb but I have no idea how knowing what kind of a bed she slept in is going to help anyone help find her.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...launches-Crimewatch-appeal.html#ixzz2hc9NUGos
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thing is it has been done to death hasnt it all this.

They are just talking about the time line, before 9.15. Like i said on another post, surely if someone is watching them going out etc, they would go in a few minutes later and take the child. I actually thought this was possible at the time, until Gerry said he saw her at 9.10 or thereabouts then tanner saw the mystery man carrying her.

All very odd.

ALSO I wonder on the E fit if the clothes have been added by the witness, and do they match jane tanners sighting.....

I always thought the scenario that would work for me is, someone goes in the front door after they clock the McCanns walking towards the Ocean club. They could easily be stood about on the top of the road. Its easy to get keys copied, go in the front door, sedate the child and take her towards the back road and Lagos. She could have been gone by 9.45 and in a car towards anywhere.

The only sticking point for my theory was Jane Tanner sighting and Gerry saying he saw her at 9.10 etc.

Then I thought well what about if the abductor was watching later and saw Gerry chatting and then when he went off went in and took the child, but then i think there was another check wasnt there. BUT that would work too, taken from 9.20 to 10pm, could have been half the way to lagos by then....

BUT no one really saw anyone hanging about watching.

PA_POLICE-Portugal-124073_6890950-6180589.jpg

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-news/police-deny-manchester-man-held-6180591

This reconstruction was not filmed in the real location and the actors portraying the McCanns don't even look like them that much (although I suppose everybody knows what they look like by now). I don't really know what the point is. If it was the real location and the real people someone might have a heureka moment and remember something dissonant, "oh, that seems false, it wasn't like that" or, "hey, I remember that, I was there and now I remember something else, something's missing from this scene, where's the guy who was lurking behind that bush"

But different actors acting the part in a different location aren't going to inspire any of that because it is all going to seem false by default and all the bushes are probably out of place.

Looking forward to this. I've had to familiarise myself with some of the timeline (as reported to date) details but I had nothing better to do over lunch. :D

Let's add it to the list

the dogs are wrong
the pj is wrong
the forensics are wrong
the Smiths are wrong
now the reconstruction is wrong too!

:seeya:

This is never going to work...comes across as though they dont have a clue..

Besides that my daughter walked in during the e fit photo and asked if it was maddie's dad

Looks like they came to rob the place the night before ..got disturbed.. came back again. She woke up qnd they took her.

And "heading to the beach" does not sound hopeful

Oh I can't watch, but from what you guys are posting the show looks pretty lame to me! Also loving the E-fit pic that looks exactly like Gerry, does the other E-fit look like one of the Tapas crew?

Oh I can't watch, but from what you guys are posting the show looks pretty lame to me! Also loving the E-fit pic that looks exactly like Gerry, does the other E-fit look like one of the Tapas crew?

I have to really stretch my imagination to see how the e-fits look exactly like Gerry McCann's photos from 6 years ago, JMHO.

Well crime watch have had calls in with a name for the e fit . So lets wait and see

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free

I thought the programme was quite well done.

The e fits don't look like the same man. I see maybe a slight resemblance to Gerry McCann in one of them, but equally the a fit looks like half the men I know. The other e fit actually looks quite a lot like my late father (who died in 1994).

I have never believed that the McCanns did it. I could perhaps be persuaded that Gerry McCann might be involved and he has managed to hide it from his wife.

I just cannot fathom why they would have begged and pleaded for a new investigation if they were responsible. It doesn't make sense.

I don't want to start a row, but I feel uncomfortable with people openly stating that the McCanns must be responsible. They are no longer considered persons of interest, are they not? I don't just say this because I personally believe their story. I strongly believe that one is innocent unless they are proven guilty in a court of law.

Its the courtesy that I would like to have extended to me if I were to find myself accused of a crime. Again, I am not making a dig at anyone here, its just something I feel strongly about.

Also, (I will shut up soon!) I don't feel that the McCanns are such terrible parents for leaving the children in the apartment. I wouldn't have done it because I have always been paranoid about safety, but I know tons of people who will pop to the corner shop, leaving their sleeping child for a short time. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I would never doubt that they are completely loving and caring parents. Even our Prime Minister left his daughter behind in the pub and didn't realise until he got home!

I thought the programme was quite well done.

The e fits don't look like the same man. I see maybe a slight resemblance to Gerry McCann in one of them, but equally the a fit looks like half the men I know. The other e fit actually looks quite a lot like my late father (who died in 1994).

I have never believed that the McCanns did it. I could perhaps be persuaded that Gerry McCann might be involved and he has managed to hide it from his wife.

I just cannot fathom why they would have begged and pleaded for a new investigation if they were responsible. It doesn't make sense.

I don't want to start a row, but I feel uncomfortable with people openly stating that the McCanns must be responsible. They are no longer considered persons of interest, are they not? I don't just say this because I personally believe their story. I strongly believe that one is innocent unless they are proven guilty in a court of law.

Its the courtesy that I would like to have extended to me if I were to find myself accused of a crime. Again, I am not making a dig at anyone here, its just something I feel strongly about.

Also, (I will shut up soon!) I don't feel that the McCanns are such terrible parents for leaving the children in the apartment. I wouldn't have done it because I have always been paranoid about safety, but I know tons of people who will pop to the corner shop, leaving their sleeping child for a short time. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I would never doubt that they are completely loving and caring parents. Even our Prime Minister left his daughter behind in the pub and didn't realise until he got home!

The legal status they had in this investigation was "Arguido" which doesn't really have a direction translation into our respective court systems.

Arguidos have special rights as well as obligations, including being provided with all evidence against them.

The Arguido status was dropped, it doesn't follow the POI status is dropped, the two are quite different.

It could be argued Portugese LE drop the Arguido status sometimes when they wish to stop having to supply the suspect with the evidence.

In this case, the refusal of the Tapas to cooperate any further forced the shelving of the investigation. No one has ever been "cleared" as we understand it.

..it was added to the Mirror site at 21:37 UK time this evening. Among other things, it claims that the Smiths provided information for the e-fits in 2008.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...meline-2372091

In September 2008 a team of private investigators produce two e-fit images of the man seen by the Smiths but they are not made public until this week.

The legal status they had in this investigation was "Arguido" which doesn't really have a direction translation into our respective court systems.

Arguidos have special rights as well as obligations, including being provided with all evidence against them.

The Arguido status was dropped, it doesn't follow the POI status is dropped, the two are quite different.

It could be argued Portugese LE drop the Arguido status sometimes when they wish to stop having to supply the suspect with the evidence.

In this case, the refusal of the Tapas to cooperate any further forced the shelving of the investigation. No one has ever been "cleared" as we understand it.

Thank you for that information. :)

Well, they are not considered persons of interest then, because they never were in the first place, yes?. They were considered Arguido, but that has been dropped.

Regarding the sentence that I have put into bold, its not about proving innocence, its about proving guilt. One is always innocent unless they have been found guilty in a court of law.

Oh good, Madeleine must not be missing then. Everybody is innocent so no one did anything to her.

Thank you for that information. :)

Well, they are not considered persons of interest then, because they never were in the first place, yes?. They were considered Arguido, but that has been dropped.

Regarding the sentence that I have put into bold, its not about proving innocence, its about proving guilt. One is always innocent unless they have been found guilty in a court of law.

Maybe I didn't make it clear, but POI is not "official" in Portugal.

They remain POI as an American would understand it - ie, not cleared.

Maybe I didn't make it clear, but POI is not "official" in Portugal.

They remain POI as an American would understand it - ie, not cleared.

The system must be different in America then. My apologies, I am unfamiliar with the American legal system. :) However, in the EU where the crime actually occurred they are not persons of interest because the term doesn't exist here.

They now have no legal status in the investigation apart from as parents of the victim (ie Madeleine).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo