GUILTY UK - William, 85, & Patricia Wycherley, 63, murdered, Mansfield, May 1998

SilkySifaka

Reaction score
weird. if it wasn't them where are they and if it was who is sending the xmas cards?
The mystery over the identity of two bodies unearthed by police in the back garden of a suburban house deepened yesterday after it emerged that the elderly couple who once lived there were still sending Christmas cards to relatives as recently as 2009.

Detectives excavated the garden at the semi-detached property in Forest Town, Mansfield, last week after learning of an ‘incident’ around 15 years ago.

There were reports yesterday that the bodies were those of William Wycherley and his wife Patricia, who had lived at the house until the late 1990s when, according to neighbours, they suddenly ‘disappeared’.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-10-years-said-disappeared.html#ixzz2hcT9H700
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

BBM

Hm. Odd. What do we suspect happened here? Particularly chary if the Christmas card info is correct.

This is so odd.

If they have been formally identified as this couple it had to be someone close enough to know names/address' for the cards.

Reminds me of an episode of brookside,burying the body under the patio

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hm. Odd. What do we suspect happened here? Particularly chary if the Christmas card info is correct.

Well I suppose its someone who wanted people to think they were still alive but wouldn't they have a person close enough to miss them the other 11 months of the year.

Other thing is they killed another couple and went on the run>?

Christmas cards get sent all the time without a speck of handwriting on them but most have handwriting. Wonder what these cards looked like.

Edited: Oops, never hurts to read the article. I see they were signed. Handwriting should tell the tale, but that could get sticky.

I wonder how personal they seemed. Maybe they used a card sending service?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

There are a bunch of articles online - story broke two days ago - but I haven't found one yet that says much about the cards or if they were signed, had messages, etc., or if anyone got them besides family - who, according to DM article, say these aren't their bodies. #hinky

There are a bunch of articles online - story broke two days ago - but I haven't found one yet that says much about the cards or if they were signed, had messages, etc., or if anyone got them besides family - who, according to DM article, say these aren't their bodies. #hinky

Well someone buried two people in their garden so if its not them, did they murder the couple?

Well someone buried two people in their garden so if its not them, did they murder the couple?
They appear to be basing their "That's not them, it couldn't be" on their allegedly having gotten the Christmas cards. I think they're in a little corner in terms of where they can go from here story-wise, now, as, as you say, somebody put the bodies, there, regardless of their identities.

I would have to ask, who is living there now. If they just up and disappeared how did the lady(who ever she is) that is renting the house out now know they wouldn't just show back up again. jmo idk

I would have to ask, who is living there now. If they just up and disappeared how did the lady(who ever she is) that is renting the house out now know they wouldn't just show back up again. jmo idk

Were they renting?
If they stopped paying rent for long enough I suppose the landlord would have been within their rights to get another tenant. And if someone was sending Christmas cards for them they could have sent a notice to their landlord too.

If the people in the garden were the owners and someone sold the house for them they have things to explain..

What about their furniture and stuff? If they were dead in the garden did somebody clear their stuff out of the house or did people think they emigrated without taking anything with them?

PATRICIA D WYCHERLEY AGED 79 and WILLIAM G WYCHERLEY AGED 90 of 2 BLENHEIM CLOSE, FOREST TOWN, MANSFIELD, NOTTINGHAMSHIRE maybe the couple that human remains belong too.

SUSAN L BRAMLEY aged 45 is the current owner of these house...

the couple may have been killed for the process of the sale of the house or some kinda of fraud concerning that house.

Reports are saying that family members of Patricia and William have been receiving christmas cards going back to 2009 period and that Susan Bramley the current occupier is renting the place since 2006 but she is not been linked to these human remains.

The house was sold in 2006 to a unknown person then Susan Bramley rented from the landlord whoever that maybe so something happened between 2009 and the late 90's concerning this case.

Was the current resident of the house not receiving Christmas cards addressed to Mr and Mrs Wycherley in return?

Although, then again, maybe she'd just have had them redirected. Who knows. What a very odd story.

I wonder if they were getting SS benefits and if so, where were they being sent.

That's sad. No one visited them in about 15 years :(

Interesting story, can't wait for more info

That's sad. No one visited them in about 15 years :(

Interesting story, can't wait for more info

Yes family seemed to have gotten involved in their own family and had no time for the parents or grandparents. It is sad and I hope if its them justice comes swiftly

I wonder if they were getting SS benefits and if so, where were they being sent.

I also think that someone wanted it to appear this couple was alive. The only thing to me is the person who buried them was probably collecting their SS benefits. I heard of a story years ago where a person was caring for the elderly in her home (I believe it was state cert.). She also buried them in the back yard but was still collecting their benefit money for herself. JMO

From the NP link above:
---
Brett Wilson, who lived in the house adjoining the Wycherleys' from 1990 to 1994, told the Post he was "astounded" when he heard about the bodies.
---
"At that time there was nothing done to the back garden, no major work," he said. "There were just a couple of paving slabs with a lawn.

"Our bedroom window looked directly into their garden. You would find it extremely difficult to bury two people [and not be seen]."
---
Detective Chief Inspector Rob Griffin said: "Neither William nor Patricia were ever reported missing.
---
"We have yet to formally identify the remains and so cannot say with 100 per cent certainty who we have found, but it's not a great leap to imagine it might be the Wycherleys."
---

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back