CAN we discuss crimewatch discrepancies please

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldengirl57

Reaction score
ok I watched it the majority of it is taken up of the story of the McCanns then the last bit is of the investigation.

Basically nothing new apart from a few odd things.

1.The sighting Jane Tanner.

At the time, it was thought that this was a person taking a child home from the creche, it was investigated BUT no one came forward so it stood. It went from someone walking to eventually someone walking with Maddy wearing pink PJ.

2. The window and shutter.

In the crimewatch article the window and shutters and curtains are again OPEN.

3. Madelines bed.

It is cleary stated by Redwood that maddy slept UNDER THE WINDOW.

4. The open bedroom door

It is stated that the bedroom door was found open twice. Once by Gerry who closed it further again, and once by the mother.

5. The Smiths sighting.

The Smiths were called liers and other not nice things when they came forward and said they saw GERRY carrying the child towards the beach. They said it looked like him and carried the same way. They saw this person in full view at 10pm.

So thats if folks. Several people were seen around which were talked about at the time and no one came forward.

OK for me.

Q1.

The met police are only ASSUMING now the sighting COULD be this guy carrying his daughter home from the creche. He never said it was positively this guy. ALSO why did this person simply not come forward at the time they were still there, and it would have been fresh in their memory? Very odd. After SIX years and many many appeals for information. i believe the PJ never did credit her story anyway.

Q2.

How come again the window and shutter is shown open? I thought this was discredited? Also if the shutter was open why was the door open it would have been shut surely with the wind coming through gently......and you would have felt the cold air as you came into the flat and the door if open would have banged shut straight away. No I am confused about this.....

So we are to assume now the person carried the chlid out of the window.

Q3. The childs bed has always been shown by the door. unless i am going nuts I am sure Redwood said she slept UNDER the window.

Q4. The door...well the child could have gone to the toilet..not sure about the door to be honest. Did the abductor come in the patio door and go out the window? WHY. Seems very odd choice....

Q5. The Smiths sighting. Well the only thing i will say about this is why would an abductor or even Gerry be seen strowling along with a child in full view. NON of the sightings actually made any sense to me.

So any thoughts?

I have to say nothing new for me not really i always knew the tanner sighting was bogus anyway.

NEW THEORY on the table burglary gone wrong. Well I said that at the beginning, then why would you take the child away....didnt make much sense.

ok I watched it the majority of it is taken up of the story of the McCanns then the last bit is of the investigation.

Basically nothing new apart from a few odd things.

1.The sighting Jane Tanner.

At the time, it was thought that this was a person taking a child home from the creche, it was investigated BUT no one came forward so it stood. It went from someone walking to eventually someone walking with Maddy wearing pink PJ.

2. The window and shutter.

In the crimewatch article the window and shutters and curtains are again OPEN.

3. Madelines bed.

It is cleary stated by Redwood that maddy slept UNDER THE WINDOW.

4. The open bedroom door

It is stated that the bedroom door was found open twice. Once by Gerry who closed it further again, and once by the mother.

5. The Smiths sighting.

The Smiths were called liers and other not nice things when they came forward and said they saw GERRY carrying the child towards the beach. They said it looked like him and carried the same way. They saw this person in full view at 10pm.

So thats if folks. Several people were seen around which were talked about at the time and no one came forward.

OK for me.

Q1.

The met police are only ASSUMING now the sighting COULD be this guy carrying his daughter home from the creche. He never said it was positively this guy. ALSO why did this person simply not come forward at the time they were still there, and it would have been fresh in their memory? Very odd. After SIX years and many many appeals for information. i believe the PJ never did credit her story anyway.

Q2.

How come again the window and shutter is shown open? I thought this was discredited? Also if the shutter was open why was the door open it would have been shut surely with the wind coming through gently......and you would have felt the cold air as you came into the flat and the door if open would have banged shut straight away. No I am confused about this.....

So we are to assume now the person carried the chlid out of the window.

Q3. The childs bed has always been shown by the door. unless i am going nuts I am sure Redwood said she slept UNDER the window.

Q4. The door...well the child could have gone to the toilet..not sure about the door to be honest. Did the abductor come in the patio door and go out the window? WHY. Seems very odd choice....

Q5. The Smiths sighting. Well the only thing i will say about this is why would an abductor or even Gerry be seen strowling along with a child in full view. NON of the sightings actually made any sense to me.

So any thoughts?

I have to say nothing new for me not really i always knew the tanner sighting was bogus anyway.

NEW THEORY on the table burglary gone wrong. Well I said that at the beginning, then why would you take the child away....didnt make much sense.

IMO the whole thing is a load of crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Now, I remember something in the first few weeks about a chap saying he passed the top of the road with his child who had been to the creche. Andy Redwood said this was recent information so WTF is that about ?
How an abductor levitated over the window sill is another load of old Pony that was discredited at the time, lichen was still in place when the crime scene people were taking finger prints.
I agree it's a load of crap, unfortunately my taxes have paid for this £5million load of crap and that sticks in my throat.

I couldn't watch the program, but heard a summary on the radio. Points I picked up on:

Police now believe it was likely a planned abduction.

Besides the man seen carrying the little girl, police also want to speak to two Germans seen acting suspiciously. The 'Germans' might be Dutch, police say, as they think English people can't tell the difference between the accents.

The program airs here in Germany Wednesday.

On radio now, reporter in Portugual

Lots of journalists here.
Doesn't seem to be massive debate here
The Met do depend on Portuguese police
If someone is arrested the investigation/prosecution will depend on Portuguese police
Impression is two forces are co-operating well
Crimewatch airs Holland tonight, Germany Wednesday and also Ireland as that's where tourists come from

Slightly vague about why it's not showing in Portugual. Reading between the lines - lack of interest.

Can anyone confirm if the Efit is supposed to be the 'Germans' or the man seen carrying the child?

A few things stuck out to me like a red flag.

Madelines bed. The twins cots were inbetween the two beds in that room. It would have been hard if not impossible for a person to have removed her accessing the side of the bed to remove her. Therefore they would have had to crawl up the bed to remove a sleeping child without waking her or her siblings. This would have been very awkward no matter which side of the room she slept on.

The apartment door Apparently was left unlocked....so why the open window. Why on earth would someone try and get a sleeping child out of a window of that size when there is an open door?.

The sightings The Smiths swear the person they saw was Jerry after seeing him exit an aeroplane holding one of the twins the same way this man was holding the child they saw. The Tanner sighting to me seems so odd, why was this not cleared up six years ago.

Its all a smokescreen if you ask me. The whole thing was a mess from the start. They have basically called the portugese police incompetent, when to be honest they are the ones who found the blood splatters and the dog alert.

I am afraid we will just never know.

Can anyone confirm if the Efit is supposed to be the 'Germans' or the man seen carrying the child?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24528530

Earlier, detectives releasing two e-fit images of a man said a family had seen him with a blond-haired child of three or four, possibly wearing pyjamas, heading away from the McCanns' holiday apartment.

The witnesses said the man was white, 20 to 40 years old and of medium build. He had short brown hair, was clean-shaven and of medium height, they added.

DCI Redwood said he could be the man who took Madeleine - but there could be an innocent explanation.

It's not working on my ipad. Just sound, no pic. :(

Now, I remember something in the first few weeks about a chap saying he passed the top of the road with his child who had been to the creche. Andy Redwood said this was recent information so WTF is that about ?
How an abductor levitated over the window sill is another load of old Pony that was discredited at the time, lichen was still in place when the crime scene people were taking finger prints.
I agree it's a load of crap, unfortunately my taxes have paid for this £5million load of crap and that sticks in my throat.

Exactly the only prints found were the mothers.

Hallelujah hunny, me too lol.

A lot of Obfuscation ..........

Agree!!! The story still makes zero sense. And also why would you opt to abduct the bigger child if you were to jump out the window and run away with her? A bigger child might wake up more easily and will propably put up more of a fight if she woke up with a stranger.

Now they still don't really explain why anybody would steal her in the first place, but IMO if you wanted for some reason sell the child, maybe it would be easier to sell a baby. And if it was as easy for you to abduct one child as they make it sound, why not plan it a little more thoroughly and then grab all three at once?

I can't believe all the time, ork and money that has been put into a case that makes no sense at all.

Also why would the parents go from feeling it was ok to leave the kids and go to a restaurant and then to believing that somebody most likely stole the child. This surely has been discussed a lot already, but it sort of insults people's intelligence.

I have no idea what happened but I don't feel like the "new information" is any closer to the truth at all.

The heartbreaking thing for me, was hearing Kate admit that madeline had asked her where she was last night when her and her brother were crying. That would have been a huge tug on my heart and I would never have left them again. (not that I would have in the first place IMO)

I thought I would start a thread so we can sort the wood out from the trees.

I am going to research back to the beginning on certain things I feel have been changed or forgotten, that now make no sense. If you can think of any then feel free to add below.

The heartbreaking thing for me, was hearing Kate admit that madeline had asked her where she was last night when her and her brother were crying. That would have been a huge tug on my heart and I would never have left them again. (not that I would have in the first place IMO)

I wouldn't dwell on it, I don't think Maddy said anything like it at all. I think in saying it Kate was re-enforcing the idea they left the children alone. Unless the children were left alone an abduction couldn't take place.
How else can you lose a child ? They couldn't say she was abducted from the beach or shops, too many folk and cameras about for that. She HAD to have been left alone and it had to be in a tight window of opportunity too. Just enough time to stop it looking like complete negligence, enough for it to be debatable negligence, IYSWIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo