MO MO - Kansas City, Tiffany Springs Rd & N Hull, 'Precious Joe', WhtMale Newborn, 1113UMMO, Apr'04

Poor little guy! Sounds like another infant was found a year before him, decapitated!!! That's awful. I am sure somebody sure would have loved to adopt either one of them.

lostfaith said:
Poor little guy! Sounds like another infant was found a year before him, decapitated!!! That's awful. I am sure somebody sure would have loved to adopt either one of them.

Isn't that just horrible? I can't imagine just throwing a baby on the side of the road. What is the matter with these mothers? Like you said, there is always someone to adopt babies. If the babies died during birth they could take them to a hospital or leave them on someone's door step. Why throw them away like garbage. Who in heaven's name would decapitate a little baby? What kind of monster would do that. I wish the law could find out who did this to the babies.

So many states now allow a new mothers to just leave her baby at any hospital, police or fire station without recrimination. This should be nation-wide, and it should be heavily advertised so these moms stop killing their newborns.

Poor, sweet little boy. So, so sad. :(

Heaven has such a small little angel, but God must have wanted him back more then he was meant to be here on this earth. Bless him.

Any recent news on Precious Joe? Probably not... considering they didn't have much to go off of.

More recent media of 16 July 2017 www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article160028484.html

Discovery of newborn in plastic sack consumes Platte County prosecutor 13 years later

A hoop earring found 13 years ago by utility workers in what was once a forlorn road of Platte County told only part of the horrific tale.
A white plastic Walmart sack was also discovered nearby. In it lay the body of an abandoned newborn boy.
Authorities are not sure how the infant, whom they named “Precious Joe,” died.
“Thirteen years later, the Precious Joe case still haunts me,” said Platte County prosecutor Eric Zahnd. “It was one of the most difficult crime scenes I have ever visited.”
Zahnd was among the throng of nearby residents, police, homicide investigators and other law enforcement officers who converged on the crime scene on April 26, 2004.
To this day, the white male infant has not been identified. How the baby died and how he ended up near a once vacant field at Tiffany Springs Road and North Hull Avenue is still unknown.
Kansas City Power & Light Co. employees found the body. A portion of the placenta and umbilical cord was recovered, indicating that Precious Joe had not been delivered in a hospital. Authorities suspected that a woman gave birth and discarded the child along the isolated area.
At one point, investigators talked to several women whom they thought had some connection to the child. Those leads went nowhere.
The child was named in part after “Precious Doe,” a little girl who was found decapitated in a vacant lot near 59th Street and Kensington Avenue in Kansas City in April 2001. She was later identified as 3-year-old Erica Green, who moved to Kansas City with her family from Oklahoma.
Authorities later charged her stepfather, Harrell Johnson, who was convicted of first-degree murder and is serving life in prison. Erica’s mother, Michelle Johnson, is serving a 25-year sentence for her role in the child’s death.
The area has changed greatly since 2004. A neighborhood now fills an area that was largely empty then. At one time, a small cross marked where the baby’s body was found, but even that is gone now, Zahnd said.
“Someone knows what happened to this baby, and I am still hopeful that person will come forward,” Zahnd said
The case remains open and is one of dozens of cold cases being investigated by Kansas City police.
“This child deserves to rest in peace, but that’s unlikely to happen without someone telling police what they know,” Zahnd said. “I hope our community will not forget Precious Joe.”
Glenn E. Rice: 816-234-4341, @GRicekcstar

As an infertility survivor cases like that make me sick.
Sure, a mom who kills her baby has issues and needs help. But we also need advocates for the babies and preventive measures. Cheap or free prenatal care for vulnerable and endangered women. Options for anonymous high standard hospital delivery or installment of babynests in hospitals for safe drop off. Actively reaching out to have the baby adopted with no questions asked. And finally, free access to birth control and sex ed.

I live in Europe and we have more of those programs and thus less abandoned babies. But still even here it can be improved.

As an infertility survivor cases like that make me sick.
Sure, a mom who kills her baby has issues and needs help. But we also need advocates for the babies and preventive measures. Cheap or free prenatal care for vulnerable and endangered women. Options for anonymous high standard hospital delivery or installment of babynests in hospitals for safe drop off. Actively reaching out to have the baby adopted with no questions asked. And finally, free access to birth control and sex ed.

I live in Europe and we have more of those programs and thus less abandoned babies. But still even here it can be improved.

All these services are available in greater Kansas City, each & every service, and the services were available in 2004.

Some people will not accept such services, others are prevented from access, others are likely unaware of options.

ymmv lrr

Bumping case up. It's not listed in NamUs, unfortunately. I think this case could possibly still be solved by DNA, if DNA is available...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects
Back