Found Deceased NC - Azelyne Miller Collins, 83, Hamptonville, 14 Oct 2013 *Arrest*

summer_breeze

Reaction score
https://www.ncdps.gov/Index2.cfm?a=000003,000014,000081,001683&mpa=2402

NORTH CAROLINA SILVER ALERT ANNOUNCEMENT

RALEIGH 10/15/13 8:55 PM -- The N.C. Center for Missing Persons has issued a Silver Alert for a missing endangered woman, Azelyne Miller Collins.

Citizens are asked to be on the lookout for Azelyne Miller Collins, who is believed to be suffering from dementia or some other cognitive impairment.

Anyone with information about Azelyne Miller Collins should call the Yadkin County Sheriffs Office at 336-849-7811.

Name: Collins Azelyne Miller Emma
(Last) (First) (Middle) (Nickname)

Gender: Female DOB: 11/10/1929 Age: 83 Race: White Height: 5' 5" Weight: 120 pounds

Hair Color: Brown Hair Length: Shoulder Eye Color: Brown

Clothing Description:
Blue Jean Jacket and Blue Jeans

Reporting Law Enforcement Agency: Yadkin County Sheriffs Office

Contact Information: 336-849-7811

Location of Incident: Emily Dr. Hamptonville,nc

Location Last Seen: unk

Direction of Travel:
unk

Possible Destination:
unk

Vehicle Description:

Make: Honda Model: Odyddey Year: 2007 Color: Silver License Plate Number: BEP9554 Licensing State: NC

03VW00006NN0.JPG

This has been a sad case. Neither local LE nor SBI have issued any more information concerning Mrs. Collins' murder. Locals have not received any updates from LE, so they do not know if LE thinks is was a random killing and everyone should be on the lookout.

Like so many others, I have resigned myself to the fact that the SBI is investigating this case and, if they don't want to, they will not release any information. Luckily, there is a great Sheriff in the county, who brought in the SBI immediately.

Still so sad for the family and for the many friends from all over the state.

This has been a sad case. Neither local LE nor SBI have issued any more information concerning Mrs. Collins' murder. Locals have not received any updates from LE, so they do not know if LE thinks is was a random killing and everyone should be on the lookout.

I don't see anything that says she was murdered? At her age it might have been natural causes?

Andy Collins was arrested and charged with murder in March of 2014. He pleaded not guilty a year later and the prosecutor said that they were planning on seeking the death penalty.

It's the second story on this page:

http://lists.washlaw.edu/pipermail/deathpenalty/2015-March/013836.html

http://www.journalnow.com/news/local/man-accused-of-killing-his-mother-had-dinner-with-her/article_8676d65e-fe22-5a00-81e5-1b36b61f38fe.html

I wanted to bump for Azelyne. I can't imagine living life into your 80s only to be murdered by your child. Such tragic circumstances.

Can't believe he nearly got away with this!

Where in the world did he get the money to pay for an attorney the caliber of David Freedman? Must have been Azelyne's money.

Here is another case in the same area of NC. These murders of older ladies has many concerned. (I am bringing this up again because of the lack of solving cases in another area of NC - Lumberton.) I have been following this case concerning Ms. Nixon since this was posted on Facebook in 2018:

Yadkin County Sheriff's Office
September 14 ·
On Tuesday, September 11th, 2018 the Yadkin County Sheriff’s Office conducted a welfare check on Pattie Ball Nixon, 76, of Advance, NC. During the investigation, Pattie Nixon was located, deceased, in a wooded area off Faith Lane in Yadkinville, NC. Pattie Nixon’s death is currently being investigated as a homicide.

Nixon’s body was sent to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

During the investigation it was determined that the victim’s vehicle had been stolen. The vehicle is identified as a 2000 Honda Accord four door sedan silver / gray in color. The vehicle has a North Carolina registration plate of XZK-9493.

Anyone with information about this investigation or the whereabouts the silver/gray 2000 Honda Accord should contact Yadkin County Sheriff’s Office at 336-679-4217.

The North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation and the Davie County Sheriff’s Office are assisting with this investigation."

I noticed that not another word has been posted by LE leaving those people in the county not know if they are safe or not.

I did see the following online news article, which is certainly not useful to the concerned citizens.

Stolen vehicle of deceased 76-year old woman located by authorities | Yadkin Ripple

"Authorities have located what is believed to be the stolen vehicle of a 76-year old woman whose body was found in Yadkinville on Sept. 11. Yadkin County Sheriff Ricky Oliver said the investigation is ongoing and he could not release any additional details on the case at this time.

On Sept. 11, deputies were conducting a welfare check on Pattie Ball Nixon of Advance. Nixon was located, deceased, in a wooded area off Faith Lane. Her death is being investigated as a homicide. Nixon’s body was sent to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

The North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation and the Davie County Sheriff’s Office are assisting with the investigation."

I am one of many who do not understand why some additional infomation cannot be explained to the public.

Is NC the only state that leaves citizens in this type of situation, not knowing if we are safe or not?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back