IL IL - Jermal Hawkins, 19, Chicago, 15 October 2013

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
ougu.jpg

Missing -- Jermal Hawkins, 19

Police: Olive Harvey student missing
Sun-Times Media Wire

October 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Police are searching for a 19-year-old college student missing from the South Side Pullman neighborhood.

Jermal Hawkins told his family in a text message that he was going to the library and to get a hair cut near South Stony Island Avenue and East 87th Street on Tuesday, but never showed up for the hair cut, according to a missing person alert from Area South detectives.
Hawkins has not been showing up for classes at Olive Harvey College since then, the alert said.

He is described as a 6-foot-2, 245-pound black man with black hair, brown eyes and a medium complexion, the alert said. It is not known what he was wearing when he went missing.

Anyone with information should contact the Area South Special Victims Section at (312) 747-8274.

What a beautiful smile this young man has,he is so handsome!I hope he is somewhere safe and just wanted some away time from school or life..

He is a very handsome young man. I can't imagine what could've happened if he were going to the library and to get a haircut. I hope he'll be found safe and sound very soon, but if not, maybe we'll at least have more information in the next day or so.

Thank you for opening this thread Bessie. I grew up with Jermal's mother and we worked together a few years ago. I've provided her with the resources on here and will be checking in with her this morning. Jermal is a good kid. He graduated from Urban Prep Academies. An all boys high school with a 100% college acceptance rate. If you have any suggestions, please share them. Time is of the essence. It's getting cold here in Chicago. Keyia needs her baby to come home safely. Thank you.

what a handsome young man! hoefully he's ok and just taking and just taking a little break.

The distance from the school to the barbershop is about 1 1/2 miles. The school is on 100th & Woodlawn, but the campus extends to 103rd. The expressway is located alongside the school. Stony Island is a major street in Chicago and turns into the expressway next to Olive Harvey. I'm waiting on Keyia to call me back.

The distance from the school to the barbershop is about 1 1/2 miles. The school is on 100th & Woodlawn, but the campus extends to 103rd. The expressway is located alongside the school. Stony Island is a major street in Chicago and turns into the expressway next to Olive Harvey. I'm waiting on Keyia to call me back.

I just saw this thread, and I haven't heard this on the news yet. I live in the city and would be glad to help with any search efforts. Do you know of any taking place yet?

It was on channel 7 news last night at 10. I just spoke with Keyia briefly. She has to call me back. They're going through his room and checking social media accounts. I've asked her about videotape from Olive Harvey. I will stress the importance of searching early and find out if it's being organized.

It was on channel 7 news last night at 10. I just spoke with Keyia briefly. She has to call me back. They're going through his room and checking social media accounts. I've asked her about videotape from Olive Harvey. I will stress the importance of searching early and find out if it's being organized.

i'm not sure if it was mentioned was jermal in a vehicle or on foot?

i'm not sure if it was mentioned was jermal in a vehicle or on foot?

Jermal would have been getting on the 28 Stony Island bus. The barbershop stop is north of his school. I have contacted Robert T. Larson about his search dog.

Hope he is found soon, sending prayers from the west.

His Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jermal.hawkins

He is friends with his mom, Keyia. She posted that he did make it to the library and was printing something. He expressed that in a text to his grandmother.

Sorry if I am missing it, but was he going to meet anyone that day? Perhaps a classmate? Does the library have any cameras? Just trying to understand the situation better/help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sorry if I am missing it, but was he going to meet anyone that day? Perhaps a classmate? Does the library have any cameras? Just trying to understand the situation better/help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
It hasn't been said that he was meeting anyone. From the library, he was going to take a bus to the barber shop, per Geegeesmom's post. Geegeesmom also posted that she has inquired about campus surveillance video. No answer yet.

I wonder if the library has some sort of record of what was being printed at a specific time. They probably have a lot of printers but the time would be specific...when he texted his grandmother.

Jermal would have been getting on the 28 Stony Island bus. The barbershop stop is north of his school. I have contacted Robert T. Larson about his search dog.

This map shows the #28 bus route from the Olive-Harvey College to a barber shop about 1-1/2 miles north of the campus. I don't know if Jermal was headed to this particular barber shop, but the distance is about right.

https://www.google.com/maps?saddr=9...&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=def&mra=ltm&z=14&start=0

ETA: Geegeesmom, thank you for helping Jermal's family. :hug: I'm praying for his safe return. :praying:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back