GUILTY UT - Three Scout leaders for destroying Goblin Valley rock formation, Emery Co., 2013

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Boy Scout leaders caught filming themselves destroying 20 million-year-old rock formation at Utah state park could face felony charges
• Dave Hall, Glenn Taylor and Dylan Taylor posted video to Facebook showing them pushing the rock in Goblin Valley State Park
• They claim they destroyed it because the rock was loose and they worried it could crush a child along the popular path
• But state park officials have said that the men could now face felony charges: 'It is just not what you do at state parks'

A group of Mormon Boy Scout leaders could face felony charges after they filmed themselves destroying a 20-million-year-old rock formation in a Utah state park.

On the video, Dave Hall is heard commenting on how unsafe the rock in Goblin Valley State Park looks as he films his friend Glenn Taylor forcing it from its perch while Dylan Taylor stands by.

The footage, which the men posted to their Facebook pages, shows them then high-fiving, laughing and whooping with joy. The elder Taylor jokingly flexes his muscles, proud of his achievement.
---
The story, with video and pictures, at Mail link above.

So that appears to be Travis Alexander's friend who was all over HLN...
Am I right?

So that appears to be Travis Alexander's friend who was all over HLN...
Am I right?
Could be. I didn't follow the case (only one here who didn't, I think!). Maybe someone else will chime in.

Whomever it is, I think a couple hundred hours of community service might do them some good.

OP link headline says "Boy Scouts."
Any actual connection to the Boy Scouts?

(I know, I know, it's the DailyMail)

BTW, the link to occupyhln did not link me to David Hall related info.

If it is him, I love how he could not stop himself making a dumb public statement.
I'm sure his attorney, if he had one via Legal Shield, would not approve.

This type of behavior never ceases to amaze me. People who think they have the right to destroy anything - ANYTHING - that does not belong to them personally is astonishing. My earliest memories on my childhood trips to our beautiful national and state parks was my father teaching me that you ALWAYS leave a place better than you found it. And I can honestly say that has always been how I (and my own children) conduct ourselves in our parks (and everywhere else for that matter).

If everyone acted the way these ignorant a. . holes did there would be no places of beauty left for others to enjoy. I hope they face large fines, humiliation, and, hopefully, embarrassment as they are picking up trash alongside the freeway in orange suits as they perform their community service hours. Oh . . . and budget-busting attorneys' fees.

:furious::furious::furious:

It's him .. got confirmation from one of his 'Legal Shield' buddies.

Saw this earlier. The report I saw said that they never would have been caught if they had not posted the video on facebook! I can't help but just laugh at all the morons who do something stupid and illegal, only to tell on themselves, On Facebook! :laughcry:

Saw this earlier. The report I saw said that they never would have been caught if they had not posted the video on facebook! I can't help but just laugh at all the morons who do something stupid and illegal, only to tell on themselves, On Facebook! :laughcry:

Yeah he did!! Then he posted a long 'explanation' about how he did it for the 'kids' before saying the only judge he cares about is the lord (>ლ)

How refreshing to read a story about the Boy Scouts that doesn't involve discrimination and exclusion, committing sexual abuse, or concealing sexual abuse. (Oh well.)

How refreshing to read a story about the Boy Scouts that doesn't involve discrimination and exclusion, committing sexual abuse, or concealing sexual abuse. (Oh well.)

:laughcry:

Or spousal murder, mass shooting .. :banghead:

That big rock really was justing barely sitting atop a thin column of dirt and easily wiggled. The guys could have posted a dsnger sign and contacted authorities. The rock can be put back into place and braced or maybe the spot should be behind a fence.

sO this may be scouts gone wild. I hope the rock can be placed again, like tsvicki suggested above.

Goblin Toppler Files Personal Injury Lawsuit Prior To Incident

http://www.kutv.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_7578.shtml

"You might remember the uproar created Thursday when video surfaced of three men, Glenn Taylor, his son Dylan and Dave Hall, pushing over a goblin sandstone rock formation in Goblin Valley State Park last Friday."

"Taylor, the man who is seen actually shoving the rock to the ground, had filed a personal injury lawsuit against a woman and her father for injuries he says he suffered in a 2009 car crash. Taylor filed the lawsuit at the beginning of September saying that after that accident he injured his back and had to "endure great pain and suffering, disability, impairment, loss of joy of life." Taylor also says in the lawsuit that the accident was "debilitating.""

More...

Goblin Toppler Files Personal Injury Lawsuit Prior To Incident

http://www.kutv.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_7578.shtml

"You might remember the uproar created Thursday when video surfaced of three men, Glenn Taylor, his son Dylan and Dave Hall, pushing over a goblin sandstone rock formation in Goblin Valley State Park last Friday."

"Taylor, the man who is seen actually shoving the rock to the ground, had filed a personal injury lawsuit against a woman and her father for injuries he says he suffered in a 2009 car crash. Taylor filed the lawsuit at the beginning of September saying that after that accident he injured his back and had to "endure great pain and suffering, disability, impairment, loss of joy of life." Taylor also says in the lawsuit that the accident was "debilitating.""

More...

SNAP! Oh my. So this guy had an active PI claim for back injuries and is in constant pain and debilitated and then participates in this BS full well knowing it is being filmed and then uploaded?

I have no words, all I can do is laugh at the idiocy.

‘Goblin’ topplers say they are receiving death threats
Ancient formation » Scolded by Boy Scouts, the three insist their actions were meant to save lives.

By Lee Davidson | The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published Oct 18 2013 03:55 pm • Last Updated Oct 19 2013 12:51 pm

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57016443-78/goblin-park-state-rock.html.csp

"Besides facing possible felony charges for pushing over a "goblin" red rock formation, the Utah Boy Scout leaders responsible for the incident say they are receiving death threats from around the world."

""I’ve got over 100 death threats on the Internet already. I’ve got people all over the world telling me they are going to kill me because I made the decision that lives are more important than this rock staying here a few more hours," said Dave Hall, who filmed scouting partner Glenn Taylor toppling the formation in Goblin Valley State Park as Taylor’s son watches and cheers with them."

Much more...

Dave Hall was supposedly Travis Alexander's best friend who runs the insurance company pyramid scheme that Travis was a top level player in. He is also the one who convinced everyone that Travis walked on water. He is a salesman. He is squirrely, and he is as much a psychopath as is Jodi Arias, which is why he didn't like her. IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back